THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Fox reporting Browns are hiring John DeFilippo as new OC

JAFBF

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about what I am saying it is about what happened... Do you not understand? Horrible bust of a draft.

Outside of Manziel, I'd love to know what other player has been a bust? Please, don't say Gilbert either. He graded in the green on several games.

Lets get all excited about some dude from the Raiders from Youngstown. Wow, I'm excited....

While I'm not "excited" I think bringing him aboard has serious promise. Listening to Deflips presser and his selfless attitude is rather refreshing. It is very possible that this

could turn into a home run hire.

BTW, I am not spelling out Defilippo for the next couple years. What do we go with:

John D

JD

D-flip

Defi

Coach D

Then when we hate him after one game:

DefilliPOO

DeFeellMyPoop

DeFucknutz

Dickinpoo

DumbFuckapoo

I kinda like DeFucknutz

Interesting, a little more light shed on the Shanahan departure :

Cleveland Browns' Mike Pettine let Kyle Shanahan walk away to avoid 'a dark cloud over' the coaching offices

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/01/cleveland_browns_mike_pettine_16.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'd read before we hired him that Kyle was difficult to work with when he was in Washington, but shrugged it off as a possible Owner issue since the Skins Owner is a bit . . . well, challenging at times as I understand it.

Couple in the earlier mention that the Browns were possibly looking at OC's before the Shanahan deal broke loose and the picture gets a bit clearer . . .

Outside of Manziel, I'd love to know what other player has been a bust? Please, don't say Gilbert either. He graded in the green on several games.

While I'm not "excited" I think bringing him aboard has serious promise. Listening to Deflips presser and his selfless attitude is rather refreshing. It is very possible that this

could turn into a home run hire.

I enjoyed Flip's presser as well, came across as a worker and only had one real hiccup.

To say Gilbert's season was anything other than a fail is crazy. He's not a bust yet but the Browns started rookie undrafted free agent K'waun and Desir out of the 4th round over him. He says he will redeem himself and maybe he will but like Manziel all the talk in the world doesn't amount to much on Sunday.

Another encouraging tidbit from Flip via some NFL reporter's Twitter:

DeFilippo said he's very familiar w/ zone blocking scheme "whatever the Cleveland Browns did well last year, we're going to continue to do"

1:04 PM - 22 Jan 2015

Yeah, I've been reading that ZBS isn't going anywhere.

Also, Offensive terminology is going to be simplified - which will help reduce a lot of the mistakes they were having last year.

Washington had O terminology issue too with Kyle's system, and they ran it longer than we did.

Ahh, here's something :

DeFilippo called Shanahan’s famed zone-blocking run scheme “fabulous,” and said he experienced it on his first stint with the Raiders, and then was involved in a “gap-blocking” scheme last year.

“Both have their merits, both have their drawbacks. We’re going to have a mixture of both,” he said.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=41811

I liked Shanahan but I would rather see him leave than to stay in Cleveland where he obviously did not want to stay. Now they bring in someone like DeFilippo who knows what he is getting into, has some good credentials, wants to be here and is sure to work well with Pettine. He looks promising as OC but the real proof will be how the offense performs next season.

From Lane Adkins :

What you get with DeFilippo after discussing him with numerous folks in and around the game -
- Excellent communicator
- Listens to players
- Always teaching
- Challenges players
- Adaptable scheme
- No nonsense
- Open and honest
- Accountability
- Will get upset with a player, doesn't hold issue against them

Some of you sunshine pumpers need a wake up.

Defillipo or whatever the f his name is, IS A FUCKING PRAYER. Bottom line, it's a terrible unimpressive hire until proven otherwise. Period.

Said the same about Gilbert, said the same about Manziel. This Franchise continues to dig it's own hole.

Defillipo or whatever the f his name is, IS A FUCKING PRAYER. Bottom line, it's a terrible unimpressive hire until proven otherwise. Period.

Said the same about Gilbert, said the same about Manziel. This Franchise continues to dig it's own hole.

Then go follow another team and you can stop crying.

Or Hoyer, for that matter.

PS I already believe they know Hoyer cannot start for them next year. That's why he will be gone. Just in case Manziel struggles and the fans start yelling, "Pagel", "Pagel".

so what if they told Hoyer- you're welcome to stay, as long as you have no serious starter aspirations?

and some of you doom and gloomers need to take a chill pill.

and you'll be wrong about gilbert as you are wrong period.

i heard there's plenty of room on that seattle bandwagon. go find a seat humper.

Can we please get Flip to a camp and maybe a couple preseason games, before anyone can judge? Only read I get is, Flip can adjust to player given and not have to change every player. That's a Good Players Coach. Damn I have hope to see a screen pass with blockers that may even work, that Shanny gave up on. RELAX

For some reason, when you speak reality around here, you get to told to bounce to another team. Sometimes the truth hurts, but I totally agree with you. This team is the laughing stock of the NFL. No coach or player even wants to come here. Soooooo sad. I enjoy being on this forum though because these guys bitch and complain, and then when a change happens, they get so HAPPY and EXCITED even when we bring in the lowest below average quality. It sure is comical as I've been a member here for awhile and it continues to happen year after year. Hahah!

For some reason, when you speak reality around here, you get to told to bounce to another team.

no. it's just some assholes love to post negative shit and tell us all how bad our favorite team is.

do you sit around with your boyfriends and tell them how fat your wife's coony is?

stupid fuck.

For some reason, when you speak reality around here, you get to told to bounce to another team. Sometimes the truth hurts, but I totally agree with you. This team is the laughing stock of the NFL. No coach or player even wants to come here. Soooooo sad. I enjoy being on this forum though because these guys bitch and complain, and then when a change happens, they get so HAPPY and EXCITED even when we bring in the lowest below average quality. It sure is comical as I've been a member here for awhile and it continues to happen year after year. Hahah!

Well if you are that miserable by all means bounce to another team. Why torture yourself? But I don't think anyone here believe you are actually a Browns fan, just a troll.

(and a dickhead)

WSS

Our favorite team is bad dude. It has been bad. Why not talk about and get fed up with it? Sure you can continue to root for them, but why go buy season passes when they field the team with a bunch of lame ducks. Just the fact that Johnny Football is on the team should make people shake their heads. Change things up, riots, protest... make a scene. Why pimp and holler for every single season when this continues to happen?

Again, the real truth is not wanted on these forums. I have season tickets man, section 345... I go to the opener every season. Then, I sell my tickets because I get to watch the miserable team that this organization puts on the field.

Edit: I'm a stupid fuck and a dick head because I'm not accepting to the tradition of losing. You guys must have miserable lives. I guess that's why you are on this forum every single day of your life.

Again, the real truth is not wanted on these forums. I have season tickets man, section 345... I go to the opener every season. Then, I sell my tickets because I get to watch the miserable team that this organization puts on the field.

Edit: I'm a stupid fuck and a dick head because I'm not accepting to the tradition of losing. You guys must have miserable lives. I guess that's why you are on this forum every single day of your life.

and you are 15 (by the way you phrase things i can tell) and a poser.

Hey I'm sure there are Seahawks and Patriots boards just dying for your input. Save your breath and fall in with a winning program.

For less than $1000 you should be able to purchase 32 different NFL team jerseys. That way you are always prepared!

(you can wear your choice of jerseys around your apartment since I'm guessing your obnoxious personality prohibits socializing in public)

WSS

You know what's funny? When I see people like you at the games with your Johnny jersey on. I just shake my head. Now I get labeled a 15 year old by my phrases. The old age Label.... classy

yeah when i fly to cleveland on my private jet to go to a stadium i've never been to wearing a jersey of a guy i dislike.....yeah, that makes sense.

It makes me sad the Rooster Dicks of the world will be showing up for the games when we are winning.

First year of the revamped organization, we go 7-9, hire a young OC and they shit on us. Rooster Dick must have a miserable homelife, which make's sense if you are hung like a rooster.

Zombo

It makes me sad the Rooster Dicks of the world will be showing up for the games when we are winning.

First year of the revamped organization, we go 7-9, hire a young OC and they shit on us. Rooster Dick must have a miserable homelife, which make's sense if you are hung like a rooster.

Zombo

I expect him to continue to show up at Steeler games.

WSS

I understand the frustration but get the emotions out of the way and try to be reasonable. We have a new owner, new GM, and new HC. You can't hang the past 14 years on them. DeFilippo interviewed for the OC last year but the Browns went with the more experienced Shanahan. Pettine and DeFilippo have worked together before and should work well together and by all appearances is the OC Pettine wanted. Shanahan wanted out of Cleveland and I am glad they let him go. Why have someone here who doesn't want to be here? It makes sense to let him go.

Archived