THE BROWNS BOARD

Bands that you can't stand

Without a doubt, Steve, and Quincy got the Producer credit for Bad, but MJ took a much greater role and it was their last collaboration after a long run together.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now who is issuing the hate. Some great bands you are dissing there, this one in particular:

Moontan is one of my all time favorites. Awesome stuff.

Golden Earring & Deep Purple played the night after Frank Sinatra opened the Richfield Coliseum. My ears are still ringing from that one.

• 4 weeks later...

It means what it means. Every popular song does not need to be complicated and that lack of complication does not mean the performers are not talented.

WSS

well put....i know you said you did not like pink floyd...but that does not mean gilmore and waters are not talented because they are 2 fucking talented musicians..just not your cup of tea, thats all...i understand...i feel that way about some bands also....i was never a bowie fan but fuck, he changed the world and he was an incredible entertainer...i have to admit, i did buy the ziggy stardust album though...but was never interested in seeing him in concert...

Yes, you do. I own Thriller. Michael Jackson. Or, at least my wife does, can't recall if she bought it or I did. Have had it since it came out, what? almost 30 years ago?

But Britney and Katy? No, we don't have those (though my daughter may)..and you know her.

i owned thriller also...hey, it is a great album...too bad mj became a kook...he had such a legacy at one time...one of the greatest performers of all time...

Easily.

cmon man....ozzie....whats wrong with ozzie.....heheheeee....i thought they were ok....got sick of hearing iron man though...someone mentioned fairies wear boots...that was on the same album as iron man...".fairies wear boots and you gotta believe "i think it went....

Alice Cooper for my money.

saw alice cooper like around 10-15 times...never get sick of his show...he does look a little funny with all that makeup on now that he is old...but he still performs well...."I LOVE THE DEAD". I actually saw them the first time when love it to death came out and they did ballad of dwight fry all the way thru, along with the song second coming that blended into ballad of dwight fry....now they just do part of the song without second coming...that show was at a high school auditorium that seated about 500-600 people....yeah, it was awesome...

saw alice cooper like around 10-15 times...never get sick of his show...he does look a little funny with all that makeup on now that he is old...but he still performs well...."I LOVE THE DEAD". I actually saw them the first time when love it to death came out and they did ballad of dwight fry all the way thru, along with the song second coming that blended into ballad of dwight fry....now they just do part of the song without second coming...that show was at a high school auditorium that seated about 500-600 people....yeah, it was awesome...

I love every thing about Alice Cooper!.....talk about a guy who doesnt take himself too seriously and knows how to have some fun......last saw him at Classic Park in Eastlake(just a few years ago) and it was a great show....

He has a great band too....ever evolving, but really solid players.....

Page is freaking amazing. There are so many catchy riffs and licks that he plays, and when you combine it with his technical prowess, I don't think anyone aside from Jimi comes close. Hendrix would probably be my #1 if he didn't die early - there's so much he left on the table. Anyways, I don't care who you are or what you listen to, I guarantee that there is a Led Zeppelin song that you like. While I love The Who, I don't think I could say the same thing about them

page is freaking amazing...i think one thing alot of folks overlook is that he is not only great on electric guitar, but man he is also awesome with the acoustic guitar...i love acoustic guitar...i remember when led zep 3 came out...i hated that album..mostly because 1 and 2 were so heavy rock/metal oriented. It took me a few times listening to it, but now led zep 3 is in my top 5 albums of all time ...and i love the album cover....

page is freaking amazing...i think one thing alot of folks overlook is that he is not only great on electric guitar, but man he is also awesome with the acoustic guitar...i love acoustic guitar...i remember when led zep 3 came out...i hated that album..mostly because 1 and 2 were so heavy rock/metal oriented. It took me a few times listening to it, but now led zep 3 is in my top 5 albums of all time ...and i love the album cover....

Page was amazing to me because of his tunings. Like in "Going to California" it's D tuned. Many artist have tuned down but in the 70's it was capos tuning up when Page tuned down.

My favorite Zepplin tune is "Dazed and Confused" because the ending in F. It builds then stops its completely awesome and blows my mind to this day.

I love every thing about Alice Cooper!.....talk about a guy who doesnt take himself too seriously and knows how to have some fun......last saw him at Classic Park in Eastlake(just a few years ago) and it was a great show....

He has a great band too....ever evolving, but really solid players.....

Always did attract some of the best...

Saw Alice hung in the Public Aud and guillotined in the Rubber Bowl.

There's plenty of stuff that appeals to me. Plenty of stuff I don't like to listen to it all. Some that I absolutely love and some I can't stand.

I'm not necessarily right and they aren't necessarily wrong, just whatever strikes my fancy. For a lot of different reasons.

One side thought I've often had is that the person who claims 'well I like all kinds of music' probably really doesn't love any of it. Maybe?

My number one request of all time is brown eyed girl. I don't particularly find it foul but I'm puzzled that so many people find this to be the one song above any other to bring joy and meaning to their lives.

WSS

Maybe because 68% of American women have Brown eyes.

Someone should write a song called "right-handed woman" it should appeal to the masses too.

Z

• 2 weeks later...

Bands that I can't stand: Anything that came from the eighties.

I put the Sirius radio station on the 80s channel and I can't last one song.

I'm not talking acts from the 60' and 70's that had huge success in the 80s (Springsteen, MJ, Rolling Stones, Bowie).

I am talking actual 80's bands, acts that were born and made their bread in the 80's: (Madonna, INXS, Hair Bands, Flock of Seagulls, Bananarama, Culture Club, Thompson Twins, on and on and on) I hate all of them. OK, not all of them, I'm sure someone could name one that I like. But the sounds from the 80s sucks.

Pop was over synthesized, Rock went glam and produced dumb anthems produced by dickwads covered in hairspray.

U2 ... OK, they have some good stuff. And Prince, but he's really from the 70's. And I'm not really crazy about either of them either.

Zombo

Bands that I can't stand: Anything that came from the eighties.

I put the Sirius radio station on the 80s channel and I can't last one song.

I'm not talking acts from the 60' and 70's that had huge success in the 80s (Springsteen, MJ, Rolling Stones, Bowie).

I am talking actual 80's bands, acts that were born and made their bread in the 80's: (Madonna, INXS, Hair Bands, Flock of Seagulls, Bananarama, Culture Club, Thompson Twins, on and on and on) I hate all of them. OK, not all of them, I'm sure someone could name one that I like. But the sounds from the 80s sucks.

Pop was over synthesized, Rock went glam and produced dumb anthems produced by dickwads covered in hairspray.

U2 ... OK, they have some good stuff. And Prince, but he's really from the 70's. And I'm not really crazy about either of them either.

Zombo

I actually like a lot of that stuff. (and Prince really is from the 80s....he may have put out one obscure record in the 70s...but all his know stuff was 80s)

I own Culture Club greatest hits and love almost every song on it.

WSS

Jeezus.

I loved the 80's. It was the greatest decade of my life. I was 15-26 years old, so those were some prime booze-hounding, skirt-chasing days. I even had a full head of hair. And the Browns were good!

But the music sucked. I am jealous of my older brothers and sister who had a 70s sound track to go along with their partying years ... not Tears for Fears and Wang Chung.

Zombo

Jeezus.

I loved the 80's. It was the greatest decade of my life. I was 15-26 years old, so those were some prime booze-hounding, skirt-chasing days. I even had a full head of hair. And the Browns were good!

But the music sucked. I am jealous of my older brothers and sister who had a 70s sound track to go along with their partying years ... not Tears for Fears and Wang Chung.

Zombo

While I agree that "My era's" music was better...60s/70s.....I still liked a lot of the 80s...including TFF and Wang Chung.

Now....you get into 90s music....that is where I lost attention to much of the music except a bit here or there.

A lot of crap in the seventies boys.

I love, and hate, a pretty wide variety of stuff. I get shit from people for not loving what they love but there's probably more music on both sides I'm familiar with and have feelings one way or the other about.

WSS

I mean the 70s was the disco era.

And you had shit like "Honey"....a lot of syrupy crappy stuff. Roberta Flack, Maureen McGovern, "Seasons in the Sun" Minnie Riperton, Captain and Tenille. Convoy.

Boogie Oogie Oogie.

The Pina Colada song.

Hell, that's probably the shit that Zombo liked!

large.jpg

Ya there was gay shit in the the 70's too.

There is gay shit in every decade.

But 70's classic rock is awesome.

Zombo

OK, but here is my case about the 1990s. Look at the top selling artists.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/abyss89/who_ruled_the_90s__the_100_biggest_artists_of_the_decade_in_the_usa/

Hell 1970s holdover Aerosmith is the only real band in like the Top 20 unless you count Boyz II Men or TLC.

Hootie and the Blowfish, REM, U2 are down in the 40s.

OK, but here is my case about the 1990s. Look at the top selling artists.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/abyss89/who_ruled_the_90s__the_100_biggest_artists_of_the_decade_in_the_usa/

Hell 1970s holdover Aerosmith is the only real band in like the Top 20 unless you count Boyz II Men or TLC.

Hootie and the Blowfish, REM, U2 are down in the 40s.

Ya, you got a point there, pretty lame list overall.

I guess I just stopped paying attention in the 90's because I was already listening to classic rock on the radio and in my home.

In the 80's everybody my age heard the same music and was forcefed the same videos. but in the 90's you could kinda find your genre and go with it. And then the internet blew up. So easy to just find what you like now, and tune out the other stuff.

Zombo

Ya, you got a point there, pretty lame list overall.

I guess I just stopped paying attention in the 90's because I was already listening to classic rock on the radio and in my home.

In the 80's everybody my age heard the same music and was forcefed the same videos. but in the 90's you could kinda find your genre and go with it. And then the internet blew up. So easy to just find what you like now, and tune out the other stuff.

Zombo

The thing is....the 90s must have been a totally chick dominated era. Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Shania Twain.

You can hardly find a dude on this list.

Archived