THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Josh McCown to 3 year contract

Mark O

and i thought manziel mania and their fans would have at least shut up after last year's god-awful display and waited to show their faces again until he could at least look like a NFL starter.

mccown has nothing to do with manziel IMO.

the kid is on his own and if he can't perform he won't be on our sidelines after this upcoming year.

then the jfmanboys can go to another team's fan site and hit redo.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and i thought manziel mania and their fans would have at least shut up after last year's god-awful display and waited to show their faces again until he could at least look like a NFL starter.

then the jfmanboys can go to another team's fan site and hit redo.

I've been through JFFfanboys rehab. and come out on the other end a Brownsfanboy. Yer stuck with me. :P :P

Focus also has us as the #2 pass blocking OL. I don't understand how the two sites can have such vastly different rankings.

Zombo, the belief from Johnny's camp is that Hoyer was in fact leaking things to the beat writers. I'm not saying I agree or not, don't really think it matters personally. But Liucci (author of what I quoted) is good friends with Johnny, as I said, and I'm pretty confident that what he said is a good reflection of how Johnny views the situation.

And Johnny accepting a "Buck stops here" stance does not constitute confirmation that he doesn't believe there were other factors. Part of that was obviously spin. I do think he's growing up a bit.

1. I think PFF may be referring to our proven potential and not our full 2014 resume as Outsiders is. But that aside, I'm not sure you warrant use of "us" quite yet.

2. What else would the "Johnny camp", led by Capt. Rehab himself, be expected to say? A copy of his step 8 list should clarify things.

3. You closed with the most confounding double negative I have ever seen. Well done...

I've been through JFFfanboys rehab. and come out on the other end a Brownsfanboy. Yer stuck with me. :P :P

Here's hoping your "recovery" is tested sometime in the future.

Zombo, the belief from Johnny's camp is that Hoyer was in fact leaking things to the beat writers.

Well, how fucking pathetic and sad is that? Johnny's "camp" sounds like a bunch of shitheads

Why would he, or his gay camp, even be worried about "leaks". Shit getting out to the media about his work habits or whatever don't matter when it comes to his job, what matters is his perception in-house.

I'm mean, Pettine turned the keys over to him with the Browns still alive in the playoff hunt, so I don't think he was concerned with any info that "leaked".

I'm not saying I agree or not, don't really think it matters personally. But Liucci (author of what I quoted) is good friends with Johnny, as I said, and I'm pretty confident that what he said is a good reflection of how Johnny views the situation.

Well, when Johnny got a chance to play, it was 10 times worse than anything that was leaked ... his performance showed he did not know the plays and had not been properly preparing all season. which he admitted. Johnny admitted a lot of things. Then he admitted himself to rehab. Hopefully, when he comes out he admits that his "fans" and "camp" are a bunch of fags and he is moving on from them too.

He needs new friends. He needs to cut ties with all of his TAM party boys who worship him. If he makes it he needs to be fully committed and not give a shit about such things as who is tattling on him.

Quarterbacks are different. That's just the way it is. You can't be that guy you were in college anymore, you have to a 100 percent dedicated professional. Hopefully some of that rubbed off from Hoyer ... when he wasn't busy leaking gossip.

Zombo

How is a QB who won like 5 games in his life mentor ANYBODY? I may not go to a single this year and the nice coat that The Owner gave me last year I should send back, This FO is trash.

Jesus, this stuff isn't hard to understand. Obviously the guy isn't Peyton Manning but there's a lot of truth in "those who can't do, teach". George Whitfield is a highly regarded QB trainer and he didn't even play an NFL down. Chris Weinke went 2-18 in the NFL and he's a QB coach for the Rams (who specifically was targeted by Sam Bradford). There's plenty of guys who may not torch it out on the field but are great assets to develop. Is that really so hard to understand for you guys? McCown didn't come here to lead the Browns to the Super Bowl.

Jesus, this stuff isn't hard to understand. Obviously the guy isn't Peyton Manning but there's a lot of truth in "those who can't do, teach". George Whitfield is a highly regarded QB trainer and he didn't even play an NFL down. Chris Weinke went 2-18 in the NFL and he's a QB coach for the Rams (who specifically was targeted by Sam Bradford). There's plenty of guys who may not torch it out on the field but are great assets to develop. Is that really so hard to understand for you guys? McCown didn't come here to lead the Browns to the Super Bowl.

That's all well and good if he were hired to be a coach..... Too bad for us he's more than likely going to be under center. Come week 8 we'll all revel in his QB room presence.

That's all well and good if he were hired to be a coach..... Too bad for us he's more than likely going to be under center. Come week 8 we'll all revel in his QB room presence.

If McCown is under center week 8 then that means no more Johnny Football fags around here so at least theres that.

If McCown is under center week 8 then that means no more Johnny Football fags around here so at least theres that.

Silver lining Mark, I like it.

You don't make it in the league for 12 years if you don't bring value to your position. What I'm saying here is McCown was brought in to develop Manziel or whoever it is over three years. He knows the offense and the OC. I get what you're saying as the Browns never keep a QB for 16 games, but you can't let the past shape the future. I don't want the guy starting any more than you do but he wasn't brought here to start.

1. I think PFF may be referring to our proven potential and not our full 2014 resume as Outsiders is. But that aside, I'm not sure you warrant use of "us" quite yet.

2. What else would the "Johnny camp", led by Capt. Rehab himself, be expected to say? A copy of his step 8 list should clarify things.

3. You closed with the most confounding double negative I have ever seen. Well done...

Here's hoping your "recovery" is tested sometime in the future.

Been a Browns fan my entire life. Family is from Ohio. Lake Erie College grads.

It's not that hard. Read again if needed.

Don't shoot the messenger here, I just wanted to pass along what was effectively a statement from Johnny himself. I'm not defending him. I'm also not going to participate in an offseason-long dump on him, but that's you guys' prerogative.

Maybe a change to your avatar is needed.

Never have seen you booted from The Tavern...

It's not that hard. Read again if needed.

Don't shoot the messenger here, I just wanted to pass along what was effectively a statement from Johnny himself. I'm not defending him. I'm also not going to participate in an offseason-long dump on him, but that's you guys' prerogative.

Then I stand corrected... welcome aboard. But why the TAMU avatar?

I thought you went to Lake Erie College?

I loved LEC! Stayed on campus one summer in the men's "dorm". It may have housed 20 if packed. If there was a better student ratio outside of a convent, I would have liked to have known of it at the time.

I loved LEC! Stayed on campus one summer in the men's "dorm". It may have housed 20 if packed. If there was a better student ratio outside of a convent, I would have liked to have known of it at the time.

Ha!.....my older brothers used to drive out to LEC for the same reasons.......said it was a virtual buffet.....

Now, I live about a mile down the road, but think things have changed....a lot.....

They even have a football team now....

LOL... In my time the ladies were plentiful and LEC had one of the premier equestrian programs in the country. Could explain why so many enrolled there had great "seats".

At a party my Senior year I met one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in person. She was an equestrian major... I hung on her every word.

LOL... In my time the ladies were plentiful and LEC had one of the premier equestrian programs in the country. Could explain why so many enrolled there had great "seats".

At a party my Senior year I met one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in person. She was an equestrian major... I hung on her every word.

Yeah, but was she a good rider? :P

Archived