THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns sign Josh McCown to 3 year contract

Mark O

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching McCown. He was quite serviceable in Chicago when he had time to throw. Of course it helps having Alshon, Marshall and Forte. But he most made good decisions and at times had some excellent ball placement. If he can step up and at least be what Hoyer was pre-Mack injury, I'm certainly not going to push the panic button.

McCown is terrible, but apparently our only "fruitful" option. McCown's stats and winning percentage from last year are garbage and on top of this he is 35 years old. Josh Gordon isn't playing again this year. Jordan Cameron wants big money or wants out or both. Johnny Manziel is in rehab. I will always be a loyal fan, but I am not excited for this upcoming season unless we make some big moves in free agency and make logical choices in the draft, but as we all know historically, that doesn't happen for Cleveland.

Its a simple signing of a veteran since obviously the Browns and Hoyer can't come to terms. Nothing more, nothing less.

thank you jesus!

what is not to know about this? hoyer wants nothing to do with the manziel mess. if we would have cut manziel things might be different. the biggest gaff so far with the FO and staff was the QB 'competition' last year. everyone knows that never ends well for one player and if changes are made during the season, egos get bruised and the contention is there unless that player gets paid and all of sudden he's fine with everything.

loved hoyer, wish him well BUT he did act like a frickin brat when all is said and done. i don't know what the prob was with the hoyer/manziel relationship but whatever it was sometimes you just suck it up, be a man and do what is expected of you and try being nice about it while doing it. if you don't like it, there's the door. i guess he chose door #1.

McCown is terrible, but apparently our only "fruitful" option. McCown's stats and winning percentage from last year are garbage and on top of this he is 35 years old. Josh Gordon isn't playing again this year. Jordan Cameron wants big money or wants out or both. Johnny Manziel is in rehab. I will always be a loyal fan, but I am not excited for this upcoming season unless we make some big moves in free agency and make logical choices in the draft, but as we all know historically, that doesn't happen for Cleveland.

he was also on a crap team last year.

let's just see what he can do for the browns. let him play a couple of games before we burn him at the stake for christ's sake.

Tampa's online not only had an incredibly bad run blocking rating, but one of the lowest snap to pressure scores of all offensive lines.

In this offense, we will still lead the NFL in rushing attempts and McCown will be asked to make smart decisions with the ball. He has shown he's capable of that with the right surrounding cast.

Wow.

This sucks.

I thought it was a joke thread (been out of town and it didn't come through on my Browns app).

But no. It's fucking serious.

Manziel or bust is the situation we're in now. Disgusting.

I don't think that's the case at all. It may be, but there is still the chance that the reports about Farmer and Mariota are true.

The signing of McCown doesn't preclude us from drafting a QB this year. In fact, it kind of lends itself to the fact that we are, in fact, looking to groom a QB. Whether that QB is Manziel, Shaw or someone not currently on the roster is something we won't know until the draft.

I don't think that's the case at all. It may be, but there is still the chance that the reports about Farmer and Mariota are true.

The signing of McCown doesn't preclude us from drafting a QB this year. In fact, it kind of lends itself to the fact that we are, in fact, looking to groom a QB. Whether that QB is Manziel, Shaw or someone not currently on the roster is something we won't know until the draft.

I fully expect something to come from way way out in left field before this is over.

WSS

McCown will be fine. He wasn't signed to be Peyton Manning for the Browns.

Apparently, he was signed to be as good? as Hoyer on the field, but far, far more

a mentor to the other young qb's in camp.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/28/mccown-want-to-help-manziel-grow-as-a-person-and-player/

Adam Schefter and a few others just tweeted the details of McCown's deal. . .

@AdamSchefter: Josh McCown deal with Browns:

3 years/$14M with upsides to $20M. $6.25M is Fully Guaranteed. Year 1 is $5.25M Fully Guaranteed.

Go ram that hole in your wall again, "Zombo" ... you haven't since noon.

("She's" yer bitch alright! ... like you still brag to your 30+ yr old kids)

Die thinkin' yer a champ, old man. Yet you never faced nothin' like me.

Well, that was easy.

See ya, Troll.

Zombo

Mccown is no good but what are the Browns other options?

They didn't commit a ton of money and the cap hit is below your typical starting QB. They will probably take a project in the 2nd or 3rd round and we can hope they guess right and in 2016 or 2017 they have their guy.

The tough thing will be watching Mccown as the starter next season and knowing that Manziel was a wasted first round pick.

yeah, life sucks.

It is what it is. If drafting the next Peyton Manning was easy every team would have a great QB. Just gotta hope that they are able to find that guy. It is next to impossible to find a good free agent QB because if they were any good they wouldn't hit the market. Maybe Hundley or Grayson will be our franchise QB of the future.

gumby.... I don't watch Cabrera Cerbera play "Baseball"

after post 29 comes post 30...and 31...and 32...and

...and still no S'ingTFU for you, sir. Get your Gumby outta yer Ass and quit sitting on him.

OK then, Head back down to your Mother's Basement and have a nice day now.. I Checked on that gumby and that's not what I am sitting on, but it does Shoot... And you obviously do not know who Miguel Cabrera is. Wow what a sports fan you are..

as others have suggested, this rodeo is far from being over.

yippie yi yo kiaye!!! I might be movin' to Montana soon, just to raise me up a crop of dental floss. (Frank Zappa)

Well it did work for the Colts and they got Andrew Luck. And now the Bucs will get Winston. So there is a method to their madness. Starting Josh McCown is just what the doctor ordered. So here's hoping Cardale Jones stays healthy and Go Buckeyes!

I like the signing. Think it's a great move by Farmer. Takes all the pressure off and now the work of finding the real QB can begin. I can't explain what happened to Hoyer after 7-4 but he played like crap and I wouldn't sign him for what he's asking (money and being a starter). I think Hoyer employed a poorly thought-out strategy with the Browns and now he's gone. For his sake, I hope he signs a

lucrative contract elsewhere but it think we will see McCowan flourish in Cleveland and Hoyer will struggle with his new team. I still anticipate a QB signing before the draft. I hope it's a trade for Bradford.

Archived