THE BROWNS BOARD

20 Ideas The US Needs To Steal From The Rest Of The World

gftChris

And as I said at the time, I struggled to grasp what you were saying, before clarifying :)

The original post may have had too much "college speak". Even after I clarified though, Legacys response included a quoted phrase I never said or attempted to say.

It's easy to talk all of this shit when you're referencing something I never said.

That's the point I'm trying to get at now

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, blue screen seems to be pretty accurate. Woody's paragraph was more

"muddled speech". Woody has trouble, it seems, making legit points, so he reverts to

personal antagonisms and muddle quips, instead of engaging in thoughtful, legimate

discussions.

Although, he seems to be trying to do that thoughtful discussion thing, but the original paragraph

needed work, since it didn't support his intented message. "Communication" is a two part process.

One, a message is sent, and TWO, the message is understood - for the communicative process to

be completed.

Ha. Okay last time:

"STEM majors easier to learn business than business majors learning *MATH*"

This was the original statement. It's verifiable 2-3 pgs back.

I pointed out that it's ridiculous statement because business majors' main focus is *MATH*

Had your original statement been:

"STEM majors easier to learn business than business majors learning *STEM*"

Then that's a logical, non-ridiculous statement to make. I'd have no argument with it (and I agree with it).

STEM absolutely is a more rigorous area(s) of study when you include the Science, Technology & Engineering fields. And other than a few exceptions they would generally perform better in a less demanding major like business & finance.

I really can't be any more clear.

There you go again. Here was my original statement:

"It is much easier to teach an engineer/STEM major business then teach a business major math/quantitative skills/etc"

Maybe I should have just said quantitative? Or higher level math?

Again, I'm not saying they can't. That's dumb. I'm not saying there aren't business majors out there that are math wizzes. I'm just saying, on average, one would be easier than the other.

Idk how much clearer I could make it at this point.

Lol. No just biology.

And that's the joke. A physics major would probably say the same thing about engineering.

But, everything is kind of science. And science is math...

And I studied math ;)

Then you have the foundation to do anything.

I think I was like a class away from a minor. Highest/most difficult class was Honors Theoretical Differential Equations. Very Chinese Prof. It sucked.

I don't remember which I struggled most with, but PDEs are fairly straight forwards, and used in pretty much every 'sciency' science, like physics, chemistry and the rest.

That being said, one of the hardest classes to get a grip on was the intro to abstraction course - just a whole different world of mathematics compared to what I'd learnt in high school. Massively abstract, very weird.

I don't remember which I struggled most with, but PDEs are fairly straight forwards, and used in pretty much every 'sciency' science, like physics, chemistry and the rest.

That being said, one of the hardest classes to get a grip on was the intro to abstraction course - just a whole different world of mathematics compared to what I'd learnt in high school. Massively abstract, very weird.

It was the "Honors Theoretical" part + "Chinese Prof" that made it suck. He was nearly impossible to understand. I still got a B+ or A-, idr, but it was tricky.

The diffy q's used in actual engineering applications after that point were simple

Linear Algebra/ Matrix Algebra was technically a high level course, but it wasn't as bad. Got a little theoretical /abstract at the end, but we didn't go too deep into it

Oh my. We know you didn't say "can't". Stop arguing what no one else is arguing.

Okay. *breathes* If you're isolating Math from stem (which you did) it's a silly statement. business & finance do math & quantatative skills. That's what they do.

Therefore, it's no more easy to teach business majors math than it is stem majors business.

Let's try this:

It is much easier to teach an engineer/STEM major *history* then teach a history major *Military history*.

May your eyes uncross and your headache subside quickly.

NO PENALTIES FOR DRUG POSSESSION

The War on drugs is a failure. The qualifier is that there are some substances that should be kept away from the general populace.

Crack, meth, and a few others need enforcement. I would put this at the local level.

I know this thread was dead, and I apologize for reviving this clusterfuck, but I thought this was funny

Everyone gets hit up a lot on LinkedIn about various job opportunities. I got one today for some kind of management consulting. They're in the UK (expanding to the US) and said 40% of they're employees are from Oxford and Cambridge, with the rest coming from "elite engineering schools worldwide".

So right after we has this discussion, more anecdotal evidence came up. And the fact they're in the UK just made it even funnier lol

Archived