THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Defense

why? i'm all for responsible gun ownership within reason...ie assault weapons. I want accountability and oversight for gun ownership though.Kansas is a prime example of what happens when irresponsible conservatives usurp the gun ownership narrative. In Kansas now they feel that even an 8 hour course is 8 hours too many for a CCW. In the dooshbags own words, "why must someone sit through 8 hours of lecturing from the govt just so they may absolve themselves of responsibility?". And they're right why must anyone get any sort of training for anything? It's amazing that factories make people still make people sit through some formal training to run a tow motor. Anyone who's worked in a factory knows that you can load up any old asshole with thousands of lbs of expensive product and just have them make a go of it. Why make Dr's even study to be Dr's? Rules just get in the way of a good time man!

They are trying to stop the training here in Ohio too

They want ANY law abiding citizen to be allowed to carry concealed or openly

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/04/07/concealed-carry-permits.html

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're a registered looney toons, lol.

I think someone completely following a party line and ONLY voting that way is a little looney

They are trying to stop the training here in Ohio too

They want ANY law abiding citizen to be allowed to carry concealed or openly

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/04/07/concealed-carry-permits.html

base, crass human beings. How does training, especially such superfluous training it's a fucking 8 hour course, infringe on our 2nd amendment? The only thing I can up with is that they want guns to come out of candy dispensers. Even though I want to own firearms I can't be associated with these kind of low lifes. I really wish another gun ownership advocacy organization would spring forth.

base, crass human beings. How does training, especially such superfluous training it's a fucking 8 hour course, infringe on our 2nd amendment? The only thing I can up with is that they want guns to come out of candy dispensers. Even though I want to own firearms I can't be associated with these kind of low lifes. I really wish another gun ownership advocacy organization would spring forth.

I took the 8 hour class. And the range training

I didn't see it as anything but helpful. And I have been around guns since hunting with my Dad when I was a kid

The worst part of the CCW process was having to wait months to get the appointment with the sherriff's office to actually get the permit.

I had to go 2 counties over just to get an appointment.

. Allowing people to just carry with no training is insane.

Yes it is insane, clinically insane. And all it does is give ammo to the far left that says, with more and more validity every year, that the NRA and the far right are irresponsible people who advocate irresponsible gun rights and want us to live in the wild west again. How long before the NRA says that the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun in a school is for all the children in school to be armed? Sounds crazy huh?

It is 8 hours that someone has to pay for in order to legally defend themselves. That is the gripe. You are making a basic right something you must pay for. The state gov could offer it for "free" to the law abiding public and have it be fair. However, sheriff depts would bitch and moan about lost revenue.

It is 8 hours that someone has to pay for in order to legally defend themselves. That is the gripe. You are making a basic right something you must pay for. The state gov could offer it for "free" to the law abiding public and have it be fair. However, sheriff depts would bitch and moan about lost revenue.

You have to pay twice. You have to pay for the class and then you have to pay the sherriff's office a fee to get the permit.

It our right to drive a car but you have to pay for that too right? Oh and you have to get certified that you know how to drive before they let someone's idiot 16 yr old ass out on the road. It's not perfect, drivers Ed doesn't "guarantee" someone won't be an asshole on the road...but would you want to be sharing the road with 250m or so "self taught" drivers? In case your wondering what shit tons of idiot self taught drivers looks like....google traffic jams in Indonesia or India. There is no "left" or "right" side of the road, there's wherever people see an opening and feel like driving. It's utter chaos.

It our right to drive a car but you have to pay for that too right? Oh and you have to get certified that you know how to drive before they let someone's idiot 16 yr old ass out on the road. It's not perfect, drivers Ed doesn't "guarantee" someone won't be an asshole on the road...but would you want to be sharing the road with 250m or so "self taught" drivers? In case your wondering what shit tons of idiot self taught drivers looks like....google traffic jams in Indonesia or India. There is no "left" or "right" side of the road, there's wherever people see an opening and feel like driving. It's utter chaos.

Driving a car is not a right.

Actually it's not a right to drive a car.

Edit- you were already informed of that.

point conceded, it isn't in the constitution they weren't around back then. But if they were, it would be in there. Isnt' an implicit "right" at this point? I mean as long as you get a liscense no one can tell you that you can't drive a car.

I don't think so. There's no amendment to protect your right to ride a horse or have a carriage.

I don't think so. There's no amendment to protect your right to ride a horse or have a carriage.

I was just going to point that out.

So if the evil liberal outlawed car driving tomorrow cause it would eliminate all drunk driving deaths, there's nothing anywhere in our laws that would prevent that? I find that hard to believe. Somewhere it's been had to put in.

Sure there is. It would get put up for a vote and then it would lose.

Driving is a constitutionally backed right? "The ability to drive slow in the passing lane shall not be infringed"-The Ohio Constitution

Liberals don't want laws restricting who can buy cars, etc, because

THEY LIKE cars.

But guns, they generally don't like those, so it's part of their culture war crap.

I'm really fine with our process. I took the training, only cost 50 bucks, from a Spec Op

weapons expert, turned in my form, came in for the interview a few weeks later,

and went and picked it up a few weeks after that. Which reminds me, to ask him if he

ever developed an advanced course....

I'm happy with the background checks, and my CCW license. I think open carry is apt to cause

a lot of offense to those who fear guns, etc. I can't imagine concealed carry without some

training. With freedom comes responsibility, and you have to know your responsibilities.

Gun ownership is more than about protecting yourself isn't it? There's hunting and target shooting competitions. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro gun even though I don't own one...but considering the thousands of deaths and injuries resulting from the mishandling of weapons, I don't see how its unreasonable to be required to take a short course.

True, we have the right to bear arms to protect ourselves, and as well the military protect us by bearing arms. You don't think they have to go through weapons handling courses?

Well, we have our RIGHT to bear arms, but it never said we have a right to

do so with no training for concealed carry.

Btw, if you own your own land, you don't need hunting licenses.

But I am fine if you have to get training to get one.

Gun ownership is more than about protecting yourself isn't it? There's hunting and target shooting competitions. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro gun even though I don't own one...but considering the thousands of deaths and injuries resulting from the mishandling of weapons, I don't see how its unreasonable to be required to take a short course.

True, we have the right to bear arms to protect ourselves, and as well the military protect us by bearing arms. You don't think they have to go through weapons handling courses?

They are being paid to defend others as well as themselves so thus the needed training. I already said that if the states offered the training for "free" (tax payer covered) then it would be fine. But pricing out older people on fixed budgets for the use of what should be a basic right is not kosher with me.

Bear in mind, I make extra money doing the CCW classes. I fully supported constitutional carry in WV (our governor vetoed after pressure from sheriff depts moping about lost revenue). People would still need the permit to carry out of state.

When was the last time the military protected us by repelling people from US soil? Especially in the lower 48? If the military is to protect us, why aren't they on the southern border?

Well, we have our RIGHT to bear arms, but it never said we have a right to

do so with no training for concealed carry.

Btw, if you own your own land, you don't need hunting licenses.

But I am fine if you have to get training to get one.

FINALLY a reasonable position out of you. 100% right on.

I'd be all for a ballot initiative that said a person in Ohio can carry wherever, whenever just like the criminals do.

but I want people to get "near" police/military type training for that. I want the people walking around armed to prove that they don't turn into stevie wonder with their shot grouping once the adrenaline of a real combat situation takes hold.

I'd be all for a ballot initiative that said a person in Ohio can carry wherever, whenever just like the criminals do.

OK but I still want strict training so the citizens are more adept with the weapons than the criminals (holding their pistols sideways like they saw on a gangsta rap video) are.

WSS

Archived