THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Defense

you still have to wonder about a disabled persons ability to open fire in a crowd. I'm not saying they can't do it, but somehow you have to figure out if they're at least in the ballpark. That was my only point about them. If they're so disabled that they can't wheel their own chair, than chances are they can't handle a gun right? In their own home is a different story, i'm STRICTLY talking about CCW Cleve

I get your point. If somebody has disabilties and render their hands unable to control

a weapon, well, that's simple.

My ccw instructor's Wife has a disability, has to use a scooter jobbie. But her hand eye coordination

is no problem at all. She can control her gun as well as most anybody else. If someone is disabled and buys a gun,

for their home, I say let em buy it. The ccw training pretty much makes it obvious if someone can't qualify in the

shooting practice at 21 feet. I could send him an email and ask that question.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a few guys in my small class that qualified with a .22.

I mean, really? You are going to conceal carry a fancy long barrel .22 ?

I qualified with my little 9 mm. One nearly perfect bullseye, several very close, and one

towards the edge of the plate when I started shooting as soon as I got past the recoil

and got back to the plate without taking a few seconds to really aim, for the fun of it.

I think when my Wife and I shot a friend's .45, it was more like a cannon. Cool, but just

too much. I'd like to get her a gun, smaller than our 9mm, but a 380 might kick almost as much

as the 9mm? Don't know. Haven't shopped around, will get to that one of these days.

My ccw instructor sells the Kel-tecs, but I haven't researched em.

Kel-tecs are kinda 'meh'. Cysko made a good suggestion. Glock has also come out with a single stack 9mm and 380 that are getting good reviews.

Cal, do you have any ranges where they let you rent guns for an indoor/outdoor range? Letting her try a few things and figuring out what suits her best would likely save you money in the long run.

The gun range I go to doesn't. There's never anybody else there....

it's out back past the 10 acre field close to the woods......

I'll check with some friends - they are members of a gun range. No rush - but we're interested and she used

to work with a boyfriend at his uncle's gun shop years before she met me, which I only found out

after "teaching" her to shoot my .22 mag rifle after she feigned not knowing about guns before we got

married... "now, how do I sight through this scope thing?" and after my teaching, she grinned and took out

all six cans at 20 yds I had set up. She got me on that one...... so when she shot skeet years ago on the back

of the cruise ship, I figured she'd nail every one of the clay pigeons, and she did. I could have made money from

some old guys nearby who who chuckling that "that little lady may not hit a single one".

Anyways, I'll check out the M&P jobbies

Defending yourself from attack outside the home is rarely in a crowd. Unless you're being attacked by a flash mob and then, by all means' fire indiscriminately into the crowd.

A person in a wheelchair is highly unlikely to be attacked out in the wilderness or down some back alley. It's more than likely going to happen on the street. I mean that's a simple enough conclusion isn't it? You conservatives always point to store robberies where gosh if someone in there only had a gun. Enclosed space with usually multiple people around. I don't want someone playing hero who's rounds are gonna spray. Not in a store, not out in the street. ANd rounds do spray even from cops who are constantly shooting. So for CCW's carriers to have even less requirements than cops is ridiculous. Face it we live in shared spaces now. These interactions are not happening anymore in isolated area's out in the boonies. It's urban settings and there's people around. If you can't fire the gun with your heart pounding than you need to keep it at home. Period end of discussion. There's absolutely ZERO liberal anti gun sentiment to that notion either.

Ypu said open fire in a crowd. A crowd is a lot different than people vaguely around

I consider a couple people at or near the counter in a convenience story as qualifying to be a "crowd" when a gun battle erupts. You don't have to be in the middle of a Rio tranny parade to accidentally hit people you're not meaning to.

I consider a couple people at or near the counter in a convenience story as qualifying to be a "crowd" when a gun battle erupts. You don't have to be in the middle of a Rio tranny parade to accidentally hit people you're not meaning to.

So now you're worried about bystanders?

WSS

So now you're worried about bystanders?

WSS

uh, aren't you? What's this whole discussion about people needing to prove they're not assholes with a gun been about then? If we're not worried about bystanders than let's all walk around with SAW's and just go full auto when we see something suspicious across the street. Should be fine.

uh, aren't you? What's this whole discussion about people needing to prove they're not assholes with a gun been about then? If we're not worried about bystanders than let's all walk around with SAW's and just go full auto when we see something suspicious across the street. Should be fine.

Actually when the crazy guy was firing off a weapon in a populated neighborhood at random you were mad at the policeman for stopping him.

WSS

Actually when the crazy guy was firing off a weapon in a populated neighborhood at random you were mad at the policeman for stopping him.

WSS

I was mad at how they stopped him. And he wasn't in the process of robbing a store was he? He had not pointed that weapon at anyone but in the sky. Not saying they needed the kiddy gloves out but running at the guy in a cruiser at 50mph is in no rational world the right call unless he was actively firing at officers or other people. The cops themselves were utterly bewildred at what that cop did so enough of this. If the other cops at the scene were like holy fuck what did you just do? You know there was a major breach of protocol. And that's really the end of the story. And these were cops not someone in a wheelchair in a convenience story. So kind of an invalid point on your part. But if we wanna go with your analysis then, it's ok for me to crash my car at 50mph through a convenience store if I ever see it in the process of a robbery? What could possibly go wrong right?

I was mad at how they stopped him. And he wasn't in the process of robbing a store was he? He had not pointed that weapon at anyone but in the sky. Not saying they needed the kiddy gloves out but running at the guy in a cruiser at 50mph is in no rational world the right call unless he was actively firing at officers or other people. The cops themselves were utterly bewildred at what that cop did so enough of this. If the other cops at the scene were like holy fuck what did you just do? You know there was a major breach of protocol. And that's really the end of the story. And these were cops not someone in a wheelchair in a convenience story. So kind of an invalid point on your part. But if we wanna go with your analysis then, it's ok for me to crash my car at 50mph through a convenience store if I ever see it in the process of a robbery? What could possibly go wrong right?

Yes because one person on a sidewalk with no bystanders is the same as a convenience store.

You keep saying the way the cops apprehended this guy was wrong, but you never gave an example of how the cops should have proceeded.

The police were giving the suspect orders from the safety of their vehicles to put the gun down. He refused.

Plan B?...hey lets leave our cars and be openly exposed to this lunatic...maybe then he'll drop the gun. Right.

The hyperbole handbook by; Clevelandfan4life

A crowd Is more than one person.

If an article says a car was doing xx mph, add at least 15mph to the story when you tell it.

A pistol = a machine gun.

Add stuff to the story, even if it didn't happen, and never admit it didn't happen if you get called on it.

complain about both political parties just enough so they don't think your a liberal.

The hyperbole handbook by; Clevelandfan4life

A crowd Is more than one person.

If an article says a car was doing xx mph, add at least 15mph to the story when you tell it.

A pistol = a machine gun.

Add stuff to the story, even if it didn't happen, and never admit it didn't happen if you get called on it.

complain about both political parties just enough so they don't think your a liberal.

what the fuck are you babbling about?

So you think Dianne Feinstein really said this? The original website that posted this was a satirical onion like website, but drooling slobs like you see it and run with it. I'd never heard of this quote before so I just ran it through a google search and up comes the snopes debunk.

You really are a slob. Clean yourself up. Posting stuff like this and also referencing Stormfront nazi fascist articles about feminism just shows what a lazy slovenly chimp you are. You literally verify nothing you post. Nothing. Google is awesome my friend but you also need to do just a few extra seconds of footwork there detective, before you link something seriously suspect.

How long have you been running around these here internets?

Hey Clev, you good with this?

2q3q5bo.jpg

Another ugly democrat bitch.

Archived