THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Defense

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK but I still want strict training so the citizens are more adept with the weapons than the criminals (holding their pistols sideways like they saw on a gangsta rap video) are.

WSS

Are you saying holding your gun sideways is not good technique?

I would prefer criminals shot like that because it affects accuracy horribly.

But you look cool.

but I want people to get "near" police/military type training for that. I want the people walking around armed to prove that they don't turn into stevie wonder with their shot grouping once the adrenaline of a real combat situation takes hold.

We'd be better off if the training received was "nearer" to military training than police training. Police officers rarely shoot more than 100rds a month. That's on the high side too.

We'd be better off if the training received was "nearer" to military training than police training. Police officers rarely shoot more than 100rds a month. That's on the high side too.

I know an Akron police officer and he's always shooting...now that maybe just him but it didn't seem like it. I'll have to ask him next time I see him what his requirements are on the range a month. I know he probably shoots hundreds of rounds at a time. Again that may just be him but he does it at the Akron range. Akron also has an outdoor range near the falls close to golf course and whenever I play there you can hear that range going "off"....so 100rnds just sounds awfully low. But I could be wrong i'll ask.

most home defense shooting will be with a handgun. I would imagine that on average Law enforcement shoots handguns more often than military types.

In any case yeah i'd be fine with military training.

NRA or Law Enforcement training would be better suited to people defending their homes than military training. That's not a knock on military training but their training is for a different purpose.

Police training might not be totally related to home defense but closer to home defense.

NRA or Law Enforcement training would be better suited to people defending their homes than military training. That's not a knock on military training but their training is for a different purpose.

Police training might not be totally related to home defense but closer to home defense.

for home defense, yeah you probably don't need military training...for CCW though, that's a different story.

In any case yeah i'd be fine with military training.

Do you actually know how long that is?

Who has that kind of time, unless your retired. I agree with the training portion but most people don't practice and fall back on bad habits. So it's nothing more than a piece of paper in the end.

Do you actually know how long that is?

Who has that kind of time, unless your retired. I agree with the training portion but most people don't practice and fall back on bad habits. So it's nothing more than a piece of paper in the end.

not saying it has to be "quite" as long as standard military training because that also encompasses assault rifle training. But hey if you want a CCW you have to put the time in to prove to society you're not an asshat under live fire. No training can prove that 100% but you have to have something.

not saying it has to be "quite" as long as standard military training because that also encompasses assault rifle training. But hey if you want a CCW you have to put the time in to prove to society you're not an asshat under live fire. No training can prove that 100% but you have to have something.

You going to convince states to pay for that or are you going to put the burden on the citizen to pay for rights?

"quite"

How about just putting a number on it.

You going to convince states to pay for that or are you going to put the burden on the citizen to pay for rights?

you want to carry a weapon outside of your home than that's what it's gonna take. Now the states can pay for the qualifying test, but the citizen will likely have to figure out a way to pay for their training. Maybe they won't need training to pass the test, maybe they're that good that they can prove they can shoot tight groups with adrenaline going and being out of breath.....maybe someone can make a business providing that training, I dunno. If you've been in the military chances are you're already qualified to pass that test.

you want to carry a weapon outside of your home than that's what it's gonna take. Now the states can pay for the qualifying test, but the citizen will likely have to figure out a way to pay for their training. Maybe they won't need training to pass the test, maybe they're that good that they can prove they can shoot tight groups with adrenaline going and being out of breath.....maybe someone can make a business providing that training, I dunno. If you've been in the military chances are you're already qualified to pass that test.

huh so someone in a wheelchair or some other disability will now have to show some physical conditioning in order to pass this shooting test?

How could I I've never been in the military. There are people vastly more capable of assigning actual figures to a test which in actuality is a complete exercise in hypotheticals right now isn't it?

why do you have to be in the military to say what you feel? Your the one that is wanting to see this kind of legislation just put a number out there.

most home defense shooting will be with a handgun. I would imagine that on average Law enforcement shoots handguns more often than military types.

I was speaking to frequency of shooting period. And officers qualify on the m9 platform before rifles. Enlisted qualify with both as the m9 (handgun) serves as a backup weapon.

Also, hasn't a big stink been made about the the "militarization of the police"? Officers carry a sidearm but guess what they have in the trunk? Those reinforcements in ferguson weren't carrying revolvers.

Finally every home defense course/ guru will speak to the weapon of choice being the shotgun. Obviously ccw would focus on training with a handgun.

huh so someone in a wheelchair or some other disability will now have to show some physical conditioning in order to pass this shooting test?

if they want to carry a around outside that's just the breaks, people in wheelchairs can still wheel their chairs down a track and then pull up and shoot right? And if they can't wheel a chair down the track...than chances are you don't want them even handling a gun around you huh?

if they want to carry a around outside that's just the breaks, people in wheelchairs can still wheel their chairs down a track and then pull up and shoot right? And if they can't wheel a chair down the track...than chances are you don't want them even handling a gun around you huh?

So basically you want the most physically defenseless to be victims for sure.

well then lets give guns to the clinically Retarded, fuck it. If you ride the short bus, there's absolutely no question you should be armed to the balls with armor piercing weaponry because you're the most defenseless. <eye roll>

But if you really think about it, blind people are the most defenseless. I'm totally comfortable with a blind person opening fire in my vicinity, as should anyone be. There's no reason that should turn out badly, none whatsoever.

But if you really think about it, blind people are the most defenseless. I'm totally comfortable with a blind person opening fire in my vicinity, as should anyone be. There's no reason that should turn out badly, none whatsoever.

You seem to be clinically Retarded.

No, if he or she is physically able to handle and shoot a gun, then he or she should be able to go through safety training and learn how to shoot the damn thing. I don't know how all this "physical military" stuff got started.

Probably me. I only mentioned the military because if they get basic shooting and safety training when they first learn to shoot, why not civilians?...I don't mean that civilians should undergo the additional physical training the military does.

You seem to be clinically Retarded.

and you make no fucking sense. We're talking about making sure people who are out and about walking around packing know what they're doing. But if that's just too much for your taste than like I said, fuck it...give Stevie Wonder a shotty for when he hears something bad going down. He can point and shoot in the general direction he heard something, should be fine.

and you make no fucking sense. We're talking about making sure people who are out and about walking around packing know what they're doing. But if that's just too much for your taste than like I said, fuck it...give Stevie Wonder a shotty for when he hears something bad going down. He can point and shoot in the general direction he heard something, should be fine.

Rap music.

Archived