THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Defense

But if you really think about it, blind people are the most defenseless. I'm totally comfortable with a blind person opening fire in my vicinity, as should anyone be. There's no reason that should turn out badly, none whatsoever.

yeah what's the big deal, it's ok to let a felon walk the neighborhood firing a rifle into the air until the police gave him enough back rubs to submit. Anyway around 80%.of legally blind people can still see.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, if he or she is physically able to handle and shoot a gun, then he or she should be able to go through safety training and learn how to shoot the damn thing. I don't know how all this "physical military" stuff got started.

Probably me. I only mentioned the military because if they get basic shooting and safety training when they first learn to shoot, why not civilians?...I don't mean that civilians should undergo the additional physical training the military does.

It started with clever saying he was cool with military training

and I responded asking him if he knows how longs that actually is.

then he was to big of a pussy to define "quite". Then phisical fitness and blah blah. Don't care.

yeah what's the big deal, it's ok to let a felon walk the neighborhood firing a rifle into the air until the police gave him enough back rubs to submit. Anyway around 80%.of legally blind people can still see.

Well then you can be downrange from daredevil when he drops the hammer. Not me.

It started with clever saying he was cool with military training

and I responded asking him if he knows how longs that actually is.

then he was to big of a pussy to define "quite". Then phisical fitness and blah blah. Don't care.

I CAN"T POSSIBLY KNOW HOW THAT WOULD BE I WASN"T IN THE MILITARY!! Can you fucking understand those words you muppet? Can you fucking read? Military firearms training encompasses many many different weapons systems. My point about military training is that whatever they're firing they train to do so with their hearts rate up. That's all I'm saying. People with CCW's won't be walking around with SAW's slung over their shoulders so we're just talking about handguns. I have zero clue how long that training would take with "just handguns" to get people closer to military spec than police. I just don't know. What are you not comprehending? Where is your malfunction?

I CAN"T POSSIBLY KNOW HOW THAT WOULD BE I WASN"T IN THE MILITARY!! Can you fucking understand those words you muppet? Can you fucking read? Military firearms training encompasses many many different weapons systems. My point about military training is that whatever they're firing they train to do so with their hearts rate up. That's all I'm saying. People with CCW's won't be walking around with SAW's slung over their shoulders so we're just talking about handguns. I have zero clue how long that training would take with "just handguns" to get people closer to military spec than police. I just don't know. What are you not comprehending? Where is your malfunction?

No they don't ypu dingleberry. I never once was trained to fire under duress. We shot on a range just civilians do. Unless you mean you want ccw holders to have specialized infantry training. They don't need it. Defending yourself from brainless thugs is not the same as going to war.

This couldn't be further from accurate.

Uh nope, I've known two Seals in my lifetime and they said the exact same thing about their training. Once you get past a certain point in your military training, whether you're army/marines whatever, you start doing most of your shooting after some kind of exercise. The Marines I was in class with a few years ago who had blatant PTSD also said the same thing. It's not like every time they pick up a gun they've just run a few miles, but while active that's how they did most of their shooting. Obviously not everyone keeps up that kind of training, but I know one of the Seals still does. I'm not expecting people to be exactly like Seals...but the concept of being able to keep your rounds at least somewhat in the ballpark when the adrenaline dumps, you know like a real combat situation, is something that shouldn't have to be debated. Everyone with a lick of common sense should understand why people walking around with a CCW shouldn't turn into Ray Charles if they have to draw where there's gonna be people around.

No they don't ypu dingleberry. I never once was trained to fire under duress. We shot on a range just civilians do. Unless you mean you want ccw holders to have specialized infantry training. They don't need it. Defending yourself from brainless thugs is not the same as going to war.

then you weren't active. Did the boys enjoy your cooking?

Firing while exhausted is not firing with your adrenaline jacked. Every single shooting technique teaches you to control and regulate your breathing and heart rate. That's why snipers are precise.

"I've known two SEALs....." So does every range ninja.

I'll keep referring back to my training (and my 30/30 on the m9 range) rather than "I've known 2 SEALs" but thanks anyways.

Firing while exhausted is not firing with your adrenaline jacked. Every single shooting technique teaches you to control and regulate your breathing and heart rate. That's why snipers are precise.

No you can"t "completely" mimic the adrenaline dump of getting live rounds shot at you, never said you could. What else comes close though? And that's precisely why they do it. One of the dude's I know is a BUD's instructor in Nevada, so he's not active anymore. He said he still shoots that way. I'll take his word for it.

WELL HERE'S A TIP FOR YOU, DONT TRY AND MAKE POINTS OR TALK ABOUT SHIT YOU KNOW JACK SHIT ABOUT... GOT IT? Your long winded football posts suck your thought process on guns politics and whatever else sucks cock also.

If your to dumb to answer any sort of followup questions just say so instead of being a dip shit and arguing with everyone. Damn your one dumb full of shit cocksucker!

So you're full of shit, you're 100% patently wrong, and all you can do is try to insult people who know more about it than you do? You attempting to insult me is like a corn filled turd attempting to insult a sunrise.

And...you're full of shit and talking out of your ass, mall ninja.

So....where's the part when you weren't cleve? My bad, I missed it. Somehow just speedread right over it,

like a piece of gravel on a long dirtroad..... :)

nope they do something in Nevada at some point. He was there for a couple years.

Translation:

I have a friend who probably served in the navy and now does crossfit. He grew a beard and paid $2800 for a DPMS rifle during the post Newton craziness. Because of the beard, crossfit and turd of a rifle, he tells everyone he was a SEAL and a BUDs instructor.

All of the other Retards in Nevada are too stupid to know any better.

Translation:

I have a friend who probably served in the navy and now does crossfit. He grew a beard and paid $2800 for a DPMS rifle during the post Newton craziness. Because of the beard, crossfit and turd of a rifle, he tells everyone he was a SEAL and a BUDs instructor.

All of the other Retards in Nevada are too stupid to know any better.

Nope, he was verified, sorry. This wasn't some dude that went around telling people he was team 6. He was guarding the Afghan president for a minute and that too was verified when we all saw him on the news. I have zero idea what a DPMS rifle means or what the $2800 is for. Or what it has to do with Newton.

And the Marines that were in my business classes a few years back corroborated the same accounts of fire arms training. I really haven't talked to a single former or current "active" military member who's been in a war zone tell me any different. And this discussion came up multiple times when we were talking about guns and gun control. They all said the same thing we'd like to see people armed but take more of our kind of training. It's perfectly reasonable. There's really no reason to even debate this.

Except that the idea that the disabled should be viewed with

a skeptical eye about having a gun was dumb.

They are targeted far more easily. Now, if their disability renders them unable

to safety handle a gun, that's a different deal.

Except that the idea that the disabled should be viewed with

a skeptical eye about having a gun was dumb.

They are targeted far more easily. Now, if their disability renders them unable

to safety handle a gun, that's a different deal.

you still have to wonder about a disabled persons ability to open fire in a crowd. I'm not saying they can't do it, but somehow you have to figure out if they're at least in the ballpark. That was my only point about them. If they're so disabled that they can't wheel their own chair, than chances are they can't handle a gun right? In their own home is a different story, i'm STRICTLY talking about CCW

you still have to wonder about a disabled persons ability to open fire in a crowd. I'm not saying they can't do it, but somehow you have to figure out if they're at least in the ballpark. That was my only point about them. If they're so disabled that they can't wheel their own chair, than chances are they can't handle a gun right? In their own home is a different story, i'm STRICTLY talking about CCW

Defending yourself from attack outside the home is rarely in a crowd. Unless you're being attacked by a flash mob and then, by all means' fire indiscriminately into the crowd.

Archived