THE BROWNS BOARD

Black Lives Matter Rally goes as expected

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was put in a choke hold which I can understand them using since he was resisting.

Whats gesturing to you might have been threatening to the officer.

Do you really think he was trying to be intimidating? And even so, is the only way to proceed to kill him? Let's dial that back a notch, I'm guessing (hoping) the cop didn't mean to kill him. Is the only way to proceed a physical way? Imagine the frustration of the guy, who is being arrested for basically breaking up a fight. Not an angel, sure, but in this instance he's done nothing wrong. He's trying to protest his innocence with the police, and is trying to remain calm. When the guy blind-chokes him from behind, he doesn't even try to fight it off, holding his hands out to show surrender.

Is this the best course of action for the police to take?

The intent was not to kill him. You keep pretending it was.

WSS

No but it was gross negligence. And the cop tried to hide his pry arm behind Garners back, something I know because I've taken BJJ. The choke is not supposed to be done that way. So why was he trying to hide the fact he was pulling on the lever arm? Cause he's a huge cocksucker that literally deserves to be beaten near an inch of his life. That choke "should" be available to cops when they need it, not when they're 7 on 1. Any one of you drunk potato queens would suffer severely if 6 cops were sitting on you and on was prying his forearm across your adams apple. I'm guessing none of you have ever trained in any kind of grappling otherwise you would have caught on to what the guy tried to do. It's a brutal choke that can take out even the fittest man in moments once it's buried deep. Which is why you see MMA guys tap out quick from a rear naked if they didn't get their chins down in time.

Clev, we're on the same page, but the insults are getting tiring. I know there's a lot of bad stuff going on around here with people viewing the events the way it's been fed to them by the media and whatever else, but take a moment to find your inner calm. Resorting to insults - as I said to Stuart - is petty and immature, and gives the impression you can't win an argument by using facts.

Clev, we're on the same page, but the insults are getting tiring. I know there's a lot of bad stuff going on around here with people viewing the events the way it's been fed to them by the media and whatever else, but take a moment to find your inner calm. Resorting to insults - as I said to Stuart - is petty and immature, and gives the impression you can't win an argument by using facts.

You're right.

No but it was gross negligence. And the cop tried to hide his pry arm behind Garners back, something I know because I've taken BJJ. The choke is not supposed to be done that way. So why was he trying to hide the fact he was pulling on the lever arm? Cause he's a huge cocksucker that literally deserves to be beaten near an inch of his life. That choke "should" be available to cops when they need it, not when they're 7 on 1. Any one of you drunk potato queens would suffer severely if 6 cops were sitting on you and on was prying his forearm across your adams apple. I'm guessing none of you have ever trained in any kind of grappling otherwise you would have caught on to what the guy tried to do. It's a brutal choke that can take out even the fittest man in moments once it's buried deep. Which is why you see MMA guys tap out quick from a rear naked if they didn't get their chins down in time.

You need to ask your ward nurse for more computer time, or is it time for meds yet?

Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny,” writes Newsmax’s Jim Meyers, taking his information from the WSJ report.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1659026/eric-garner-criminal-past-emerges-30-arrests-in-34-years-including-assault/#02xJsroXrg1d5E3T.99

garner your defending was a career criminal lol

Garner, 43, had history of more than 30 arrests dating back to 1980, on charges including assault and grand larceny,” writes Newsmax’s Jim Meyers, taking his information from the WSJ report.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1659026/eric-garner-criminal-past-emerges-30-arrests-in-34-years-including-assault/#02xJsroXrg1d5E3T.99

garner your defending was a career criminal lol

For the last two decades his arrest, if I recall correctly, were"all" for the cigarettes. Again his arrest record does not matter. What matters is what happened that day. The cops were NOT CALLED to the scene for anything Garner did. In fact he was the good guy that day. And HE WAS NOT seen selling cigarettes that day either. And what happened on the video, and the after video which none of you seem to care to watch....speaks for itself.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/dec/04/i-cant-breathe-eric-garner-chokehold-death-video

The video is quite clear. Seems he broke up a fight; the police decided to focus on him rather than the people fighting; he protests, saying he did nothing wrong; more discourse to that effect; choke hold; "I can't breathe"; dead.

He didn't try to run away, he didn't hit out at anyone, he's just standing trying to ask why they were arresting him, and apparently not getting an answer.

I'm sure he should have complied and gone 'downtown' for questioning, but does not immediately complying warrant deadly force?

Try again. The police did respond to Garner as to as why they were arresting him, but it wasn't audible...you could hear Garner respond to their charges by saying "he wasn't sellin anything".

Secondly, Garner did not die from the chokehold as advertised. His windpipe and neck bones were not crushed nor did they show any trauma.

Garner had asthma and heart disease. The "chokehold" was used to take him down.

The "I cant breathe" from Garner came after the so called chokehold was removed....even a dumbfuck like Cleve knows it is impossible to speak while you're being choked, she gags on cock every day.

Techinically these cops did nothing wrong, but I can't dismiss my belief that these cops went a bit overboard in their "quest for law and order".. a man selling smokes? C'mon man. Leave the fat ass be, he aint hurting anyone.

He was not only handcuffed and put in leg irons, but left without a seat belt during his trip to the station.

Unbelted detainees have been paralyzed and even killed by rough rides in police vans." It even has a name: "nickel rides," referring to cheap amusement park thrills.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/baltimore-officers-didn-t-strap-in-man-who-died-of-broken-spine-police-union-lawyer-1.2342623

Seems like it's a known thing that can cause big problems, yet they didn't take the trivially simple step of strapping him in.

Based on the behavior we've seen in the last few days, can't imagine the tax coffers a are exactly overflowing with "pothole repair" money. Sucks.

Stop acting like shitheads.

even a dumbfuck like Cleve knows it is impossible to speak while you're being choked,

You obviously have never been choked. You see in MMA fights guys tapping and verbally submitting as the choke is taking hold. YOu have a certain amount of breath in your lungs. But yes once that's expended you can't talk anymore. But if you'd ever been in a choke you'd know that. YOu can feel your breathe leaving you. Panic set in on him when he realized he wasn't taking in oxygen. THat's where his statement "I can't breathe" came from. And then, as we know...he stopped breathing. So what exactly is your point? Please stop talking about things you know nothing of and haven't bothered researching. You're starting to sound more ignorant than the black thugs you always talk about.

You obviously have never been choked. You see in MMA fights guys tapping and verbally submitting as the choke is taking hold. YOu have a certain amount of breath in your lungs. But yes once that's expended you can't talk anymore. But if you'd ever been in a choke you'd know that. YOu can feel your breathe leaving you. Panic set in on him when he realized he wasn't taking in oxygen. THat's where his statement "I can't breathe" came from. And then, as we know...he stopped breathing. So what exactly is your point? Please stop talking about things you know nothing of and haven't bothered researching. You're starting to sound more ignorant than the black thugs you always talk about.

Um..you can't speak if you're being choked ya dufus.

The dude had asthma. Excercise can induce asthma, so can abrupt physical exertion. Athsma constricts air passages.

I know this because I had a brother with it.

Now run along junior.

Um..you can't speak if you're being choked ya dufus.

Yes, yes you can. Again stop talking about what you don't know. The whole mass of people was not static, that choke was not consistent throughout the whole incident so he was able to get some air in. Obviously when the cop cranked down with his pry arm Garner wasn't talking.

No...you can't "verbally tap" to a properly applied choke. Better yet, why would you have to? The person choking you has their hands/arms preoccupied.

Yes, yes you can. Again stop talking about what you don't know. The whole mass of people was not static, that choke was not consistent throughout the whole incident so he was able to get some air in. Obviously when the cop cranked down with his pry arm Garner wasn't talking.

Well duh. The choke not being consitent means the cop obviously let up... which means at that moment he wasn't being choked which allowed him to speak.

Perhaps you aren't getting it because when I say choke I mean it how it is defined...to compress or obstruct the air passages.

Im sure you've seen murder mystery scenes on TV when one person is being choked to death...he or she isn't doing much talking are they?

Archived