THE BROWNS BOARD

TP has been realesed by the Chiefs

ColumbusKing

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart, cerebral guy with 60% comp percentage and 80 QBR who can come in off the bench and not lose a game, and maybe win a couple if pressed into starting.

Hes an ideal #3 and can serve as a #2. Classic dropback passer coached up by David Cutcliffe at Duke.

Pryor is a flipping idiot. He's an athlete, not an NFL Qb. What good is he as a third guy?

Z

Agreed. Thad ain't all that bad.

I have said this on here before, and every time it comes up OSU fans miss the point.

I agree that those NCAA rules were dumb as shit. Pryor and his bros should have been able to sell their own things. The NCAA is a horrible run organization. No matter how much you disagree with the rules though, they still exist. The issue came about when Tressel KNEW his players were ineligible, but did nothing about. Then later, he lied to the NCAA. THAT is where you should be lucky you got off how you did.

Yes, those rules were BS, but after the actions of Pryor and co., I'd say you got off ok. It could have been much worse, and it allowed OSU to bounce back almost immediately (also Meyer being a fantastic coach).

Pryor is 6'4, 235.. more of a Funchess-type than an actual TE.

Unlike Funchess, he would be able to get open with his speed.

I'd bring him in for training camp as a TE

Oh no... you took a shot at Funchess... oh no....

So just curious, you think these kids should have a practically unlimited source of income through selling signed stuff? Let me go find Devin White, tell him to post something on EBay, and I'll bid 100K and tell him I'll do the same favor once he signs with A&M. Yeah, this should work.

People criticize just to criticize, without realizing all the implications if they got their way.

So just curious, you think these kids should have a practically unlimited source of income through selling signed stuff? Let me go find Devin White, tell him to post something on EBay, and I'll bid 100K and tell him I'll do the same favor once he signs with A&M. Yeah, this should work.

People criticize just to criticize, without realizing all the implications if they got their way.

You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

I have said this on here before, and every time it comes up OSU fans miss the point.

I agree that those NCAA rules were dumb as shit. Pryor and his bros should have been able to sell their own things. The NCAA is a horrible run organization. No matter how much you disagree with the rules though, they still exist. The issue came about when Tressel KNEW his players were ineligible, but did nothing about. Then later, he lied to the NCAA. THAT is where you should be lucky you got off how you did.

Yes, those rules were BS, but after the actions of Pryor and co., I'd say you got off ok. It could have been much worse, and it allowed OSU to bounce back almost immediately (also Meyer being a fantastic coach).

So....you are in favor of Tom Brady being suspended for much of next year because he committed a rules violation?

You already had a star play earn income selling his autograph, and then he got slapped on the wrist.

Have them sold in controlled environments. Monitor for obviously specific fraud like that.

I realize the SEC and others pays their players, but I see nothing wrong with them earn some money off of their own likeness. Bagmen are only a source of income at a few schools.

this and making weed legal would solve all the probs in the NCAA and NFL.

Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

So....you are in favor of Tom Brady being suspended for much of next year because he committed a rules violation?

If it is proven without a doubt that he directly called for the balls to be filled to a less than allowed PSI sure.

And that's even ignoring the fact the majority of the QBs in the NFL probably want their footballs on the fringes of that PSI range or just out. Hell, Aaron Rodgers said he likes the ball over inflated

Ahh, because monitoring unspecific arbitrary definitions of "fraud" is easier than just catching them outright, which we all know the NCAA fails to do. Key is to strengthen the NCAA, not relax its rules.

The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

The NCAA is a spineless POS. It caters to the SEC, ignores blatant rule breaking, and is very inconsistent in handing down punishment. The Power Five conferences need to enact their own legislating body.

How about you allow the athletes to sell items, but cap that amount. Have the school control where and when they can sell the items, and have the school track the total amount?

A "strong" NCAA would mean a very different recent history for OSU, A&M and the SEC as a whole.

No it wouldn't. But whatever makes you feel better. You're always the victim in life, huh?

And I know you think I'm contradicting myself being an SEC fan and saying "strengthen the NCAA." I'm not. We'll be fine.

Also, you rattle off your little list of grievances with the NCAA in your first paragraph, and rail on about how they're spineless, yet your solution is for their laws to be relaxed. Makes sense.

I just realized I spelled *released* wrong, I'm not sure if it is that important to change or not, but I couldn't find out how

Don't be too hard on yourself. Pryor has only been cut 3 times. You just haven't had enough practice yet.

Archived