THE BROWNS BOARD

Taking Christ's name in vain, Biden blasts biblical marriage 'bigots'

I was suggesting that we are further from nuclear destruction than we were during the cold war. You replied with the usual knee-jerk anti-liberal rhetoric, suggesting that the statement was somehow naive and did not represent reality. In turn Woody suggested that many of your hot-button topics did not in fact represent reality themselves, and so it was maybe a little hypocritical of you to suggest someone else was being unrealistic.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when you are done gloating over the dog treat you tossed Woody, you might want to ask yourself how long it took for every civilization to start to use the bow and arrow, or the bronze sword, or the musket, or the Gatling gun, or the B 1 bomber, or the guided missile. Now ask yourself how much safer the world will be when every third world shithole has a nuclear bomb and the means to deliver it. Safer or less safe? Your call.

WSS

Oh yeah, I'm not allowed to agree with other people on here. I forgot about that.

An entire group of posters can be lock step on every issue...

... But I can't agree with anyone else if it means disagreeing with that group.

My bad guys. My bad

Well when you are done gloating over the dog treat you tossed Woody, you might want to ask yourself how long it took for every civilization to start to use the bow and arrow, or the bronze sword, or the musket, or the Gatling gun, or the B 1 bomber, or the guided missile. Now ask yourself how much safer the world will be when every third world shithole has a nuclear bomb and the means to deliver it. Safer or less safe? Your call.

WSS

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Will mutual assured destruction work with Muslims with a fanatical hatred of Israel? Once Iran gets nuclear weapons they will want to follow through with the threats they have already made about wiping Israel off the map.

And who knows what the lunatic in North Korea will do with nuclear weapons?

To be clear, i'm not saying it's impossible there's a nuclear strike somewhere, or some terrorists get hold of a warhead and launch it somewhere white, I'm just saying we're further from that than we were in the cold war. That's my opinion, I'm open to sensible discourse on the subject.

For example, while ISIS may have the funds to purchase a warhead, I'm not certain they would have a trading partner as easily as people think. Even within the traditionally-not-so-tolerant muslim states like pakistan, they're seen as savages that will indiscriminately destroy anything not seen to be holy enough, so selling them a nuke could backfire in a huge way.

I would have expected a more intelligent response from you. This sounds like a woody response.

Yeah, I was being flippant. It happens from time to time. Intelligent conversation on here doesn't tend to happen so much anyway, people just stick to whatever their narrative tells them, and it's getting a little tedious.

I'll have to start up a business creating doomsday bunkers and special seeds.

Or maybe just homes with Rapture Doors in the ceiling?

Maybe both.

You can keep your 'special seeds' to yourself thank you very much ;)

All of this started from the "we're in the end times!" statement. It seems like the only real argument has become the presence of nuclear weapons in the middle east.

To say we're in the "end times" though is still pretty crazy.

I'll have to start up a business creating doomsday bunkers and special seeds.

Or maybe just homes with Rapture Doors in the ceiling?

Maybe both.

how about "man made global warming is going to kill us all!"

Oops, sorry, looks like that one's been done...

:D

WSS

how about "man made global warming is going to kill us all!"

Oops, sorry, looks like that one's been done...

:D

WSS

Yes. Those are the same. Good job.

Now we wait for your treat from Cal, correct? That is how this works?

Yeah, I was being flippant. It happens from time to time. Intelligent conversation on here doesn't tend to happen so much anyway, people just stick to whatever their narrative tells them, and it's getting a little tedious.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-well-buy-nuclear-weapon-from-pakistan-within-12-months-and-do-something-truly-epic-31245287.html

That's funny because I was reading just a month or so ago (in the economist) about how ISIS has reached a plateau, and was struggling to sustain itself, with the falling oil prices (because of themselves), conflicts about whether they should sell or destroy valuable artefacts, conflicts on how the group should be run from within the higher ranks, conflict between local fighters and 'shipped in' fighters from elsewhere who get paid more than the locals. It was being portrayed as basically a sped up version of a traditional empire like the romans which spread out and eventually collapsed under its own weight.

Granted, this was before the latest gain, and I suspect we're in this for the long haul, but I'll believe a (relatively) independent entity like the economist over IS' own propaganda machine.

Yes. Those are the same. Good job.

Now we wait for your treat from Cal, correct? That is how this works?

Actually I would have taken the term "good job" as a dog treat from you! Then it occurred to me you didn't really understand what you're saying so it's not as much fun.

WSS

In the age of hi tech miniturization, a suitcase bomb is supposed to

be in existence today.

And who heard if isis etc in 1985?

Chris, your claim is unsubstantiated, just seems nonsense because you didn't like Reagan

because he was very conservative.

I mean, that is what alcohol is for, right?

I thought alcohol was for, trying to forget dubya was president. Or that bubba's wife might be next.

Archived