THE BROWNS BOARD

Taking Christ's name in vain, Biden blasts biblical marriage 'bigots'

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the gay marriage topic - I feel the prevailing theme amongst the anti crowd is that marriage for the gays isnt a 'civil right'.

which of course, is rather mind boggling.

Also, I took a glance at all the posters who start threads and are the primary drivers of conversation here (I'll admit I very rarely check this side of the forum) and it seems like it's essentially a circle jerk of the same 4 people.

they long progressed past simply jerking around a circle, they're full out blowing each other to completion in the mouth at this point .It doesn't look like they've gotten to the anal with deep meaningful eye contact yet, but it's coming soon.

Well, seeing as you said circle jerk, you must have some inside knowledge......

in all seriousness how did you know what a pivot man was? I had to look it up to and i'm usually the one who knows all the internet meme's with their urban dictionary meanings. I thought I knew all the dirty appalling stuff.

what i'm saying is I think you might be a fgt dude.

Hey... hey there, guy. There's nothing wrong with the sexual preference of any Browns fan. Dick sucking or non dick sucking. Like I said, I won't judge him for it. I just find it ironic is all.

Why are you so proud of that list? The majority of those "issues" have either been around since recorded history or out of the control of any one person.

Proud of the list? You are a mind reader? Wrong...that list is what it is.....the list clearly shows things that have only happened in the last 100 years

Maybe a few of them, but you have no real reference to state them as fact beyond your own life experience. What do you know of dead people's beliefs that aren't written into scripture?

In fact, the author has himself contributed to his homemade list of no nos in almost every way he could, depending on how you interpret scripture. He's educated, travels, preaches worldwide, uses the satellites, etc.

Wow...He is a bad man. I didn't read though where he said the technology was bad just that it is how the prophecies will come true

I don't believe anything I said implied those are bad things, the author did. Don't redirect things.

And then there's the only thing I need to know.........the author is a member of a rapture cult according to many. What is he going to say? Doom and gloom is his livelihood.

There are millions of Christians who believe in the rapture...that is one large cult!

Sure, OK. Anyways its the people within that community making the accusations, not me. People like yourself.

Being that you're asking nonbelievers to read this list, I take it you believe they are the major players driving everyone toward the end? That would be arrogant. Or is it your just warning people to join while they still can, like you've stumbled across something they haven't been aware of already? That would be equally arrogant.

I thought this was a message board to express opinions. You don't have any problem expressing yours.

I guess the difference in our opinions is that I'm not accusing you of the slow death of civilization.

I think by receiving any form of resistance to your faith you feel offended and victimized, so you are obligated to project your insecurities and faith on those that oppose you. I may be guilty of contributing more to that list than you, who knows, but your right there with me 'Ol Yea of Pure Faith'.

Mind reading again...you and people like Obama are great at making straw man and knocking them down.

Please tell me where I went wrong.

"As he said to me, 'See, I assign to you cow's dung instead of human dung, on which you may prepare your bread'" Ezekiel 4:15

If you want to point out isolated scriptures let's put them into context. Sound fair?

Sure, go for it.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

4:9-17 The bread which was Ezekiel's support, was to be made of coarse grain and pulse mixed together, seldom used except in times of urgent scarcity, and of this he was only to take a small quantity. Thus was figured the extremity to which the Jews were to be reduced during the siege and captivity. Ezekiel does not plead, Lord, from my youth I have been brought up delicately, and never used to any thing like this; but that he had been brought up conscientiously, and never had eaten any thing forbidden by the law. It will be comfortable when we are brought to suffer hardships, if our hearts can witness that we have always been careful to keep even from the appearance of evil. See what woful work sin makes, and acknowledge the righteousness of God herein. Their plenty having been abused to luxury and excess, they were justly punished by famine. When men serve not God with cheerfulness in the abundance of all things, God will make them serve their enemies in the want of all things.

Would this guy think you belong in 'his' heaven?

His heaven?...I will give you a clue...everybody needs at least one...there are three heavens in the bible. Paul said he was caught up to the third heaven.

See, you misiterpreted why I pulled that scripture. Your context only made my point clearer that any given society has always had great evils, not just the last hundred years. In the civilized world, I think we've progressed past the point of forcing people to cook over their own shit, which could be interpreted that we are more morally sound now then most civilizations from those times. That is just one example, I could pull thousands.

Why are you so proud of that list? The majority of those "issues" have either been around since recorded history or out of the control of any one person.

Proud of the list? You are a mind reader? Wrong...that list is what it is.....the list clearly shows things that have only happened in the last 100 years

Maybe a few of them, but you have no real reference to state them as fact beyond your own life experience. What do you know of dead people's beliefs that aren't written into scripture?

*The fact is there are many things on that list that technology today (the last 100 years has made possible)

In fact, the author has himself contributed to his homemade list of no nos in almost every way he could, depending on how you interpret scripture. He's educated, travels, preaches worldwide, uses the satellites, etc.

Wow...He is a bad man. I didn't read though where he said the technology was bad just that it is how the prophecies will come true

I don't believe anything I said implied those are bad things, the author did. Don't redirect things.

He didn't imply they were bad things, do you think he wanted to get rid of satellites or televisions? He said those things made the prophecies possible today.

And then there's the only thing I need to know.........the author is a member of a rapture cult according to many. What is he going to say? Doom and gloom is his livelihood.

There are millions of Christians who believe in the rapture...that is one large cult!

Sure, OK. Anyways its the people within that community making the accusations, not me. People like yourself.

What accusation are you talking about?

Being that you're asking nonbelievers to read this list, I take it you believe they are the major players driving everyone toward the end? That would be arrogant. Or is it your just warning people to join while they still can, like you've stumbled across something they haven't been aware of already? That would be equally arrogant.

I thought this was a message board to express opinions. You don't have any problem expressing yours.

I guess the difference in our opinions is that I'm not accusing you of the slow death of civilization.

Should I have put some kind of warning the list was to be read by believers only? I said I believe we are living in the end times and I believe we are. The list showed that just because people have said that for a long time it really is only recent history that many of these prophesies are now realities.

I think by receiving any form of resistance to your faith you feel offended and victimized, so you are obligated to project your insecurities and faith on those that oppose you. I may be guilty of contributing more to that list than you, who knows, but your right there with me 'Ol Yea of Pure Faith'.

Mind reading again...you and people like Obama are great at making straw man and knocking them down.

Let me count the ways: I am not offended, never was offended, never claimed to be a victim, I stood up for the faith and integrity of the bible which you state is projecting my insecurities on those who oppose me which is just laughable, never claimed to be pure of faith just a defender of the faith

"As he said to me, 'See, I assign to you cow's dung instead of human dung, on which you may prepare your bread'" Ezekiel 4:15

If you want to point out isolated scriptures let's put them into context. Sound fair?

Sure, go for it.

4:9-17 The bread which was Ezekiel's support, was to be made of coarse grain and pulse mixed together, seldom used except in times of urgent scarcity, and of this he was only to take a small quantity. Thus was figured the extremity to which the Jews were to be reduced during the siege and captivity. Ezekiel does not plead, Lord, from my youth I have been brought up delicately, and never used to any thing like this; but that he had been brought up conscientiously, and never had eaten any thing forbidden by the law. It will be comfortable when we are brought to suffer hardships, if our hearts can witness that we have always been careful to keep even from the appearance of evil. See what woful work sin makes, and acknowledge the righteousness of God herein. Their plenty having been abused to luxury and excess, they were justly punished by famine. When men serve not God with cheerfulness in the abundance of all things, God will make them serve their enemies in the want of all things.

His heaven?...I will give you a clue...everybody needs at least one...there are three heavens in the bible. Paul said he was caught up to the third heaven.

See, you misiterpreted why I pulled that scripture. Your context only made my point clearer that any given society has always had great evils, not just the last hundred years. In the civilized world, I think we've progressed past the point of forcing people to cook over their own shit, which could be interpreted that we are more morally sound now then most civilizations from those times. That is just one example, I could pull thousands.

If I misinterpreted it might be because I don't read minds and know other peoples motives like you have the ability to do. You are correct society has always had great evils but in the last 100 years technology has made some bible prophecies a reality which were not a reality 100 years ago and that is the point, not that society has always had great evils.

*The fact is there are many things on that list that technology today (the last 100 years has made possible)

He didn't imply they were bad things, do you think he wanted to get rid of satellites or televisions? He said those things made the prophecies possible today.

What accusation are you talking about?

Should I have put some kind of warning the list was to be read by believers only? I said I believe we are living in the end times and I believe we are. The list showed that just because people have said that for a long time it really is only recent history that many of these prophesies are now realities.

Let me count the ways: I am not offended, never was offended, never claimed to be a victim, I stood up for the faith and integrity of the bible which you state is projecting my insecurities on those who oppose me which is just laughable, never claimed to be pure of faith just a defender of the faith

Sure, go for it.

If I misinterpreted it might be because I don't read minds and know other peoples motives like you have the ability to do. You are correct society has always had great evils but in the last 100 years technology has made some bible prophecies a reality which were not a reality 100 years ago and that is the point, not that society has always had great evils.

Ok lets do it this way, these are a list of 'issues' that (as I see) can only be associated with the now and only the now:

9) Increased use of drugs. (not for quantity of consumption, but simply based on choices)

24) Weapons of mass destruction.

27) Computer technology.

28) Television.

29) Satellite Technology.

30) Virtual reality.

and most of the stuff about the nation of Israel. (Europe has been loosely united and divided many times over, however, I suppose that could be debated)

Most of the rest you have absolutely no reference for.

If you want to loosely base the corresponding scripture next to 27,28,29,30 go for it. I don't know how you or anyone can, but these are such broad statements.

For example:

Television: And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which mystically is called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified. Those from the peoples and tribes and tongues and nations will look at their dead bodies for three and a half days,....

Obviously, this takes an absurd leap to associate the two together. I've read how the author did it, which you could do with a dr. suess book. Red fish, Blue fish, One fish, Two fish, imagine what you could do with that. Or you could look at it as someone wasn't a fan of Sodom and Egypt, right? You are making these connections because you want to, not because there is a direct interpretation of it. Or, if you have a moment, you can tell me what other prophecies have come true from the invent of TV, internet, satellite, or virtual reality. That would be adorable. You couldn't do any worse than the author.

24) is really the only thing to give pause to, but still not directly a prophecy. The rest is just designed to put money in the plate before you 'go'. Its crap religious journalism at its finest.

'And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.'

You really think that is a prophecy of virtual reality? Wow, thats a hard sell.

24) is really the only thing to give pause to, but still not directly a prophecy. The rest is just designed to put money in the plate before you 'go'. Its crap religious journalism at its finest.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I don't care if you accept it or not but you don't know a thing about this ministry and you make a clueless statement about it just being designed to get money. I said we are living in the last days and then I heard the argument "that has been said for many years" and I showed where many of these prophecies have only come to pass in the last 100 years. The biggest of all the prophecies to come true in the last 100 years is the return of Israel as a nation. This was a nation that disappeared for about 1900 years and returned again as a nation. I can't think of any other nation's history like this in human history. As all the nations turn against Israel in these last days we are seeing prophecy being fulfilled in front of our eyes. Believe it or not.

Well the bible did predict that Israel would come back, i'll give you that. I can't think of any other nation like that either. I completely get how someone of faith can hang on to that, but thats not the same kind of interpretation the other 40+ 'prophecies' on that list are being made with.

What this 'Dr.' has done is take scripture like the earlier one about 'yada yada ye will see dead bodies for 3 1/2 days' and then say 'How could that be possible? TV thats how. Prophecy fulfilled.' Thats sloppy logic and requires gullibility for even consideration. You should probably stop reading his garbage, you'd probably do better making a list on your own. Seriously.

Well the bible did predict that Israel would come back, i'll give you that. I can't think of any other nation like that either. I completely get how someone of faith can hang on to that, but thats not the same kind of interpretation the other 40+ 'prophecies' on that list are being made with.

What this 'Dr.' has done is take scripture like the earlier one about 'yada yada ye will see dead bodies for 3 1/2 days' and then say 'How could that be possible? TV thats how. Prophecy fulfilled.' Thats sloppy logic and requires gullibility for even consideration. You should probably stop reading his garbage, you'd probably do better making a list on your own. Seriously.

The point he was trying to make was that only 100 years ago people had no idea how people around the world could witness an event like that at the same time and later we had technology to make it come to pass. I read a lot of books from ministers in the 1800's and early 1900's. They never said they were living in the end times because they knew there was too much prophecy yet to be fulfilled the biggest one being the return of the Jewish people to Israel. Were there some people claiming the end was near 100 years ago sure but I would maintain these people did not know clear bible teaching. And we still have some of these same type people today predicting exact dates of the end times which Jesus Himself said only the Father knew. We were only told we could look at signs and know the end times were near.

"There were people predicting end times 100 years ago, but that was ridiculous. Obviously they were crazy....

.... Everyone knows the end times are now. Duh"

Lol

Do you even read before you post? Why did I say the end times could not happen 100 years ago? What has changed today? Here is one of them:

Bible Prophecy

Another remarkable

mathematical Bible prophecy

The Return of Israel ... May 14, 1948

http://www.theprophecies.com/Math-Prophecy-Israel.html

Sigh

And in the end, you are still taking an old story book as truth. You've already admitted to basically throwing out common sense and basic reasoning by refusing to believe any hard evidence that contradicts the bible...

I'll look at your links when I'm home. I'll try not to poke too many holes in them.

But like I said, if you already choosing to believe something with no evidence to back it up, any kind of argument is pointless

believe any hard evidence that I THINK contradicts the bible...

fixed it.

Like all fish are cold blooded. "it's science".

I come at this with a biblical perspective but even taking that away I don't understand why anyone cannot see we are living in the end times. We have a lunatic in North Korea we have allowed to have nuclear weapons. We have unstable countries like Pakistan with nuclear weapons. Iran is bent on getting nuclear weapons and Obama is making sure that will happen. Iran is threatening to wipe off Israel off the map and Israel is saying Iran can be wiped off the map to. Putin is making threats of using nuclear weapons. The list of countries with nuclear weapons keeps growing and you can be sure Saudi Arabia will have nukes if Iran has them.

So there you go with all the gasoline you would ever need and just needing a spark. We did not make it out of the last century without 2 world wars so what are the odds of not having one this century? Will mutual assured destruction work with countries like Iran? And the destruction done in a world war involving nuclear weapons would inflict the kind of damage spoke of in that old book called the bible.

" Do not give that which is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before the swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn around and tear you in pieces" Jesus (Matthew 7:6)

Jesus came to Israel to save them - we "gentiles" are grafted into the faith by belief and we can be REJECTED by the same means....

you will end up with what you chose.

I come at this with a biblical perspective but even taking that away I don't understand why anyone cannot see we are living in the end times.

I suspect it's because if you take religion out of things, there's no concept of an 'end times'

I suspect it's because if you take religion out of things, there's no concept of an 'end times'

Future of a nuclear war perhaps? Look at many of the things happening today and project into the future. Are things going to get better or only worse? You can do that without even looking at bible prophecies.

Read what OBF posted, then read what Chris posted.

Then read what I posted. Here:

OBF paraphrase: "The Bible talks about the end times"

Chris paraphrase: "There are no end times except for religion"

and Chris paraphrase: We are further from the "end times" than we were 30 yrs ago"

Then I said to Chris, (paraphrase)

"Pretending that we are not headed for devasting crises/end times.... at all in our country is terribly naive"

Then look at the change of subject you posted, Woody. You changed the subject. Noooooobody is talking about ebola anything.

Archived