THE BROWNS BOARD

Anderson Vs. Quinn

Zombo

Who will win out?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Open Competition for starting Quarterback?

• Derek Anderson
    • Brady Quinn

Coach Eric Mangini has declared an open competition between 2007 Pro Bowler Derek Anderson and 2007 1st Round pick Brady Quinn to secure the job of 2009 Cleveland Browns starter. Who do you think will win this contest?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zombo...you usually write up good posts, but honestly was this necessary?

we all know the result will be Quinn: a lot Anderson: 1 (being lumbergh)

Does the board REALLY need to waste space with this?

i think that this is a great post. it will be fun to have people voice their opinion anonymously. some people on this site may not want to say who they like but would vote on this thread. this is a message board blowe, not cnn. putting up whatever threads we want is part of the fun. if you want to attack someone for a dumb thread look at that jackass who posted that thread that said the steelers were being forced to forfeit their superbowl rings last week.

zombo...you usually write up good posts, but honestly was this necessary?

we all know the result will be Quinn: a lot Anderson: 1 (being lumbergh)

Does the board REALLY need to waste space with this?

I am embracing the competition.

Usually, I think QB competitions are gay. The old saying is, if you have two QBs, you don't have any QBs.

But I'm so tired of the whining from both sides, that I want this thing settled fair and square on the field.

I think that out of the competition will emerge our leader who will take this team to the Promised Land.

I also think that while the media and the fans will be all atitter about the QB clash ... the team will quietly strengthen. We have all new position coaches, many new veteran faces, and some strong draft choices coming in ... I love what Mangini has done so far and I think we will be surprisingly strong.

So let's get this thing over. Let them throw the pigskin until one emerges the leader. Then cut bait with the other and move on.

Battle Royale for the right to lead the Browns into the future...

Arm vs. Charm

West Coast Aloof vs. Local Leader

Boat Shoes vs. Crotch Grabber

Lumberg vs. Shep

Manwaggoners vs. Quinn Fags

Choose a side and let them start slingin' and swingin'

Zombo

I said Anderson for 2 reasons.

First, the fact he is opening it up means he isn't totally sold on Quinn.

Second, i think there is a good chance Quinn will be shipped.

There are things Anderson does flat out better than Quinn -- he has the bigger arm. But this offense is basically the one Quinn played in under Weis when he put up 69 TDs and 14 INTs, a sophisticated modern pro style... not the nearly extinct "vertical offense" Anderson got away with for 8 games.

Quinn is more intelligent, a more voracious playbook guy, a better reader of defenses, and the better, more mobile athlete. I can't imagine he doesn't win the derby if it actually happens.

Quinn has a better huddle presence also. Concerning the announcement of the open competition between Quinn and Anderson by Mangini.................................What you you expect him to say?

I'm kind of with Zombo on this. If Quinn can't beat out Anderson in an offense he knows so well, he deserves to sit. Here or elsewhere.

Lum has no real place in this discussion. He has no real point of view. He's just a groupie.

Shep, my money is on your boy.

But I don't want it handed to him.

If my suspicions about him are correct, he will take this on like no one has seen before and blow Anderson's doors off with his preparedness and his will.

I think Quinn is our natural-born leader.

But he must slay Big Foot first.

Zombo

--One thing is for sure, the winner will be a better QB because of it.

If Quinn can't beat out Anderson in an offense he knows so well, he deserves to sit.

shep are you turning over a new leaf?

because you sure as hell weren't saying that last year.

Quinn got curb stomped in training camp and you still wanted to give it to him.

and just like previous natural-born leader Charlie Frye, Quinn will dump it off to the outlet receiver until he gets his ass shipped to another city.

Lumbergh, I think you are valuable poster.

You give the board some bite.

And I want to find out if what you say about Anderson is true. And if what you say about Quinn is true, also.

Let's find out once and for all...

Zombo

--If one of them gets injured I'm going to be pissed ... I want a clear cut winner (and a clear cut loser).

and just like previous natural-born leader Charlie Frye, Quinn will dump it off to the outlet receiver until he gets his ass shipped to another city.

You sure are being hostile considering Mangini is at least posturing that Anderson has a chance to start this year.

I think Anderson wins the competition hands down. He has a full season of NFL starting experience, and is a pro-bowler. Quinn has extremely limited experience and is over rated IMO. I think Anderson will settle down and be a great Quarterback. He needs protection and receivers who can CATCH the ball. Whoever wins, I want the Browns to win. So may the best Quarterback win.

BQ is a competitor, he'll prepare and do better because its on the line, where anderson folds when things get tough. the fact that they are competing will only widen the gap due to the way these two players are wired.

it won't be much of a competition. if quinn was part of the 07 competition he woulda been the starter, as he outperformed frye and DA pretty badly.

Lumbergh, I think you are valuable poster.

You give the board some bite.

And I want to find out if what you say about Anderson is true. And if what you say about Quinn is true, also.

Let's find out once and for all...

Zombo

--If one of them gets injured I'm going to be pissed ... I want a clear cut winner (and a clear cut loser).

I might feel this way if it wasn't for his pure hatred of Quinn and/ or ND. It runs so deep that it colors everything he says or it blinds him and makes him less credible....Actually, it makes him a clown. It's too bad.

BQ is a competitor, he'll prepare and do better because its on the line, where anderson folds when things get tough. the fact that they are competing will only widen the gap due to the way these two players are wired.

I think when Mangini gets to see DA attempt to throw a short pass everyday that'll be enough to end the battle.

You have to have a littlle finesse in this league. Especially with the way defenses like to blitz now. If you are one dimensional as DA is, it simply isn't going to work.

Quinn can't throw the ball as far, but who cares?

Quinn can get the ball downfield well enough, he has the touch to throw short and he's more mobile. DA can only do one of those.

if in fact on film ,mangini feels both qbs are close to equal,, enough to let ther be a qb comp. with a team that was divided on this last year ,,then phil must still be calling the shots behind the scenes,,, OR,,

i think mangini is trying to be a good salesman along with being a head coach,,put aside the posters on a few of the browns boards, how could lerner put da back on the field as the browns starter ,,70,000+ fans at the stadium will go ballistic the minute da throws one of his famous dumb ints..its no secert the vast majority of the fan base ,you know the people that buy tickets and make the nfl their money want quinn..

at best they keep da as the back-up ,,apparently the browns previous and present coaching staffs are the only ones that have this special good da film ,,being that da has been shopped and nobody is offering up much at all or he would be gone by now,,

look at cutler a real pro-bowl qb ,rumored 10 teams trying to land him ,,then our pro-bowl qb da,,can we even get a second for him?,NOT... if it was't for phils 5 mill. screw up da would have been long gone...

Long time fan.

Short time poster on here.

I understand having a favorite. But what I don't understand is how everyone presumes how much they know about Anderson and Quinn. Statements like "Anderson is going to fold" and "Quinn is going to get shipped out", so and so this so and so that... Just shut up.

Quinn was a good QB at ND. Not the greatest IMO. The whole two games that we did see of Quinn, he looked good in the pocket, his mechanics looked good. But that's really all we got to see of the guy.

DA is a good QB as well. Despite, '08, the guy can play, he can throw.

I just don't understand how people can presume to know all these "inside" details. For all we know, Mangini is leading us all on. Quinn very well could be the starter for all we know, or it could be DA. Then what will happen on here is the "I told you so" bullcrap, when in reality, no one was right and everything was done through closed doors, and was masked with the "QB Competition". Of course, what is said to the Media will be what "Should" be said. But we have no idea what truly goes on behind closed doors other than what the organization wants us to here.

My whole point is that so many talk in absolutes on this board as if they work in Berea themselves.

What I want is a Friggin Winning Team. If that consists of DA, than so be it.. If it is BQ, than so be it. I will put my trust in the Mankok team and see what happens.

Archived