THE BROWNS BOARD

Unofficial official preseason WR thread...

Mudfly

Agree... signs of chemistry surfacing here and there...

I think Orchard mentioned the lava-lavas in his recent interview when he was asked what he thought about Danny.

Orchard's answer started with "He's crazy"... he amplified so all would know that he meant "in a good way."

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tia, if your headed to Columbus Friday, Bring your Football Gear. Were looking for a few good men to even get to Friday.

Wish I could bud. I have a charity 4 man scramble early Saturday morning on top of working late on Friday.

Now that I think of it, I could just take off work and try my hand at a little RB one more time. Would it be worth getting good my ass kicked by Dansby? Yep

So we only carried 4 last year right? 5 when Gordon came back? (By the way who got cut to make that room? Tate?)

Gabriel, Hawkins, Benjamin, and Austin last year right? Now we've got

Gabriel

Hawkins

Bowe

Those three are the locks right? Tia obviously thinks Hartline is a lock too. So two of

Pryor

Mayle

Benjamin

are getting the shaft, unless we can carry an extra. I haven't seen anyone suggest Mayle may be cut. Is that a possibility? Obviously he would probably make it to the PS.

Tia, just don't hurt anyone. imo Mayle no worst than a hide on injury list or PS. Every media out there is so concerned about our WR position the last couple years, but this year it maybe the hardest position to cut down on. Now the word is we hide Pryor on the TE list or play TE?? ( he can't be a great blocker too can he Bo Jackson)

So we only carried 4 last year right? 5 when Gordon came back? (By the way who got cut to make that room? Tate?)

We actually started with and carried 5 for most of the season(Gabriel, Hawkins, Austin, Moore, Benji)....then added #6 when we signed Byrd(who we quickly switched out for Rodney Smith).....and then finished with 7, after adding Gordon.....(I think we sent Gipson to IR to create that spot)....

We actually started with and carried 5 for most of the season(Gabriel, Hawkins, Austin, Moore, Benji)....then added #6 when we signed Byrd(who we quickly switched out for Rodney Smith).....and then finished with 7, after adding Gordon.....(I think we sent Gipson to IR to create that spot)....

We carried six. Smith was added fairly early on. I put that in a thread somewhere, maybe it was this one?

Tia, just don't hurt anyone. imo Mayle no worst than a hide on injury list or PS. Every media out there is so concerned about our WR position the last couple years, but this year it maybe the hardest position to cut down on. Now the word is we hide Pryor on the TE list or play TE?? ( he can't be a great blocker too can he Bo Jackson)

Only person that would get fucked up on that field would be me and these knees.

Pryor could always be more of an inline receiver, but aligning him off shoulder of a tackle in the traditional sense is just a big no-no. He might be worse than Julius Thomas as a blocker.

Quote from Pett on Hartline:

On if Hartline is establishing more of a connection with McCown:

"He is but that's who Brian is, that's who he's been. As I mentioned before, when I was in New York it was always –all this guy does is get open and catch the ball other than that he's not very good (laughter). He continues to prove that here. Ultimate professional, comes out and works every day. I think he has great body control. His catch radius is tremendous and he's a veteran, he just knows how to get open, he understand it."

Archived