THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Pre-season Game 3 @ Tampa Bay

Tour2ma

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mcown was bad...HA! dick breath.

at least he suited up you flippin fruits! how'd the golden boy winston do?????exactly

so keep your big-jowled donal trump fucking faces shut cuz you don't know shit...hiccup.

see you tomorrow for BB League Number 2 @ Death Fantasy Ride!!!!!

HAHHAHHAHHHAHAHHHA!!!!!!

my little beotches...

Tampa Bay is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um this was the same team that beat the Bengals by 14. It's preseason- don't mean Jack.

Hey McCown- learn to duck- he took some nasty shots. Speaking of shots, since we haven't heard from Zombo- he probably had a few too many also. :)

It is PREFREAKIN SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the Browns defense kicked ass. The special teams kicked ass for a TD,

The offense did some kicking ass.

McCown made a few mistakes - threw a bit late a few times, one time it led to

Duke getting nailed. It's FREAKIN PRESEASON.

The rb coach may have told West he runs sideways like a girl scout, because after a certain point,

he was slamming through holes.

There were two TB cheapshot helmet-to-helmet plays - ignored by the refs. And the refs totally blew a few calls

badly - but the one that took a TD away was inexcusable.

And Thad Lewis was impressive. I underestimated him.

It may be preseason, but the first 3/4 of the 3rd game are always the dress rehearsal for the season to come. I was impressed with our lines both sides of the ball. Looked like gang tackling and gang blocking all the way around. And Crowell made his statement to be the GUY at RB. McCown will not make it through the season taking hits like that. JM better keep getting better because we're gonna need him. And Lenz needs to be one of the 53. And I am no longer worried about the back end regardless of whether Gilbert ever shows up. They played lights out.

And I don't care if it as not a great team we were playing. Point is we were doing what we want to do and dictated the outcome from the beginning.

Didn't have a chance to watch, did Shelton improve?

Shelton did not stand out like he did in weeks 1 and 2 but I that goes for good and bad not standing out. Not bad for a rookie if you don't see those rookie mistakes.

Can't say for certain but I think he was getting doubled almost all game long.

Morning! Just finished watching my 0500 recording of the game...

Overwhelming impression is that I saw our schemes win this game. Especially true on D where it was nice to see free blitzers being created, but true of all facets of the game.

Other impressions... D-side first:

• Krugs looks quick... don't remember the burst off the line he is showing this year.
  • D. Bryant owned Marpet... Ali needs to block with his head up.
  • There are 9 DBs on this roster that I'd prefer to keep over Gilbert.

O-side:

• Our two remaining QBs were playing with the abandon of 4th and 5th backups... not meant as a compliment.
  • It was obvious which WRs Josh is comfortable with... Hart, Gabe and Benji.... there's 3... Bowe not being one is understandable, but Hawk?
  • Benji looks reborn.
  • Crow starts and ??? Can Duke stay healthy?
  • Same starting five O-line as last year... I believe I had that one.
  • Bibbs has to be on this team.

be ready for a boring dink and dunk passing game this season. BORRRRRRING.

The defense might be the most exciting aspect of our games this year.

You need a new hobby if scoring 31 points bothered you that much. If we opened up the playbook, you'd be the sour puss in here changing your tampon to "Big deal - it's only preseason vrs TB."

We used to have a guy like you in our fraternity house. Any time any one of us had a bad day, we'd go visit this one guy (Andy) in the basement to hear how much worse his day was. It always seemed to leave us feeling like our day wasn't so bad after all.

Shelton did not stand out like he did in weeks 1 and 2 but I that goes for good and bad not standing out. Not bad for a rookie if you don't see those rookie mistakes.

Can't say for certain but I think he was getting doubled almost all game long.

It looks to me like he won't be the pass rushing force he was at Washington (maybe he will if we really limit his snaps), but we drafted him to stop the run. Pass rushing was just gravy so if he can't do it at this level we probably still would have drafted him. Anyone else see the same?

Preseason is as meaningful as wiping your ass before you shit.

From a wins and losses standpoint, I agree Royce. I don't think any of us are watching the games to take inventory of wins and rightfully so.

However, guys are trying to win roster spots, starting jobs, or situational roles so these games provide our coaching staff with good stuff to evaluate. Guys still have to block or win at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. Guys have to tackle or cover people. They have to get open and catch the ball. This stuff does count; and it's nice that certain schemes aren't smoke and mirroring any red flags from certain guys. Sometimes the vanilla or putting a player in adverse situations can tell a staff a lot about what certain individuals are made of.

While our proven starters don't have as much to prove per say, there's a lot of guys that do have to prove themselves on a roster that looks way tougher to make in 2015. Even our rookie OC, could use the practice not only calling the plays but getting them in there quick enough to keep us orderly and efficient out there. It's fun to watch what Danny Shelton and other promising guys are projecting in the near future.

TB had 3 days to prepare. We had 10 days to prep, not that means anything in preseason but we finally start to see our formula to win some games with a tough schedule. Win games up front on offense and defensive lines, don't turn the ball over and create turnovers. Run the ball and run the Clock. Josh Mc Cown is showing this team he is one tough Bitch and has got his teammates on his side on both sides of the ball, but his pocket breaking down skills still is hard to watch and very troublesome. No wonder we dink and dunk and when that gets shut down we maybe screwed such as Hoyer was?

You need a new hobby if scoring 31 points bothered you that much. If we opened up the playbook, you'd be the sour puss in here changing your tampon to "Big deal - it's only preseason vrs TB."

We used to have a guy like you in our fraternity house. Any time any one of us had a bad day, we'd go visit this one guy (Andy) in the basement to hear how much worse his day was. It always seemed to leave us feeling like our day wasn't so bad after all.

I am still really bummed about the 31 points. Well, technically the offense ONLY scored 24 ya know. This blows........ :D

I think our OL being the vets (or just elite players in Bitonio's case) they are know exactly when they can loaf and when not. They know that in the dress rehearsal game they have to do it right. OL is the most brutal position on the field besides maybe RB (and those guys still rotate) and most OL (especially ours) have very calm demeanors. I simply don't think they feel like putting in all the effort required to beat Buffalo's DL for absolutely zero benefit. There's just no justification for them.

And I don't mean that as a knock. Just saying don't worry about a group of vets on the OL seemingly "struggling" (I'm referring to the Buffalo game). They know what they're doing.

It looks to me like he won't be the pass rushing force he was at Washington (maybe he will if we really limit his snaps), but we drafted him to stop the run. Pass rushing was just gravy so if he can't do it at this level we probably still would have drafted him. Anyone else see the same?

Shelton last night was only used as a run stopper last night. He was over penetrating RB's the 1st 2 games but last night he was holding up block and chopping down RB's in the hole. This guy is going to be something when he can Rush QB and still look for ball carrier at same speed.

Shelton is amazing. He helped make a tackle of a rb...at the sideline. That's scary intensity, folks.

He was great last night - I don't see any criticism of him at all. You just wait til regular season - what he

does will get even more appreciation.

Saw Shelton trotting to the sideline on a few passing down and distance situations. Saw big Phil doubled on one pass rush. Would expect the same, if Shelton is in there. Just opens rush lanes for others...

Those two are going to wear out the middle of a few O-lines this season.

TB had 3 days to prepare. We had 10 days to prep, not that means anything in preseason but we finally start to see our formula to win some games with a tough schedule. Win games up front on offense and defensive lines, don't turn the ball over and create turnovers. Run the ball and run the Clock. Josh Mc Cown is showing this team he is one tough Bitch and has got his teammates on his side on both sides of the ball, but his pocket breaking down skills still is hard to watch and very troublesome. No wonder we dink and dunk and when that gets shut down we maybe screwed such as Hoyer was?

The prep time difference is a bit sobering, but I doubt we started prepping before Monday to create a "normal" week for the staff. It's their dress rehearsal as well...

Not too concerned about Josh's pocket presence. His general sense of security seemed very tied to his WR compliment for a given play. No better evidence than his "targets" of Bowe.

I just finished watching the 1st half. There were some good things, some really good things and some bad things. I leave the 1st half thinking McCown took too many hits, and couple of them hard. If he wants to start all 16 games, that needs to stop.

That being said and all things considered, we looked good in all 3 phases.

1. For what McCown is, he fits this team well. Smart, mobile, confident. He knows what his role is, and he can do it.

2. Where is the below-average part of this team (besides qb)? Maybe receiver, but I think they are solid, esp. if Bowe can reach his potential. My point is the Browns are strong at all levels on defense. Way above average on o-line. Good at rb and te. McCown should feel no pressure to do too much, which he felt all last season with TB. If he plays the game manager role well, no game is UN-winnable.

3. Not only is the defense stout, but they look like they're gonna get lots of turnovers. They had their hands on several balls last night - Jameis easily could've had 3-4 picks.

4. Loved seeing Johnny with McCown on the sideline. You can just see the friendship they have and the easiness of their relationship. It's so much better than last season. I'm really hoping that it leads to a special season.

I know it's pre-season, but I'm excited about this team.

wait, are people in this thread actually expressing disappointment that mccown doesn't look very good? JESUS CHRIST. This is who mccown is. He is terrible. He has proven that for over a decade. He proved that for tampa a ton more last year. You guys actually need to see josh mccown stink it up in a meaningless preseason game to know how bad he is?

We know going into the season that we are going to be terrible at qb. That's done. set. all figured out. No point in talking about it anymore.

Archived