THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning throws clerk in jail

calfoxwc

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

egad, he even cherry picks his Buddhist principles.

Most religions have good things and bad things about them no? Wouldn't most of us like to see confirmed Pedo's put in a burlap sack and thrown off a mountain? But do we want to be Mooslims? No of course not. Buddhists, imo, got a lot of things right about the human physical condition. Doesn't mean I'm going to worship Buddha, which is something Buddha wouldn't even have wanted. I think Christians got a lot of things right too but a lot wrong as well. Look at Native Americans, they were dead nuts right about mans relationship to the land and what slowly happens over generations when man mistreats that relationship...i'm living in those times, I can see it myself. But i'm not going to declare myself a converted native American and bang on drums so loud my ears hurt for 2 weeks.

So what exactly was your point Cal?

egad, he even cherry picks his Buddhist principles.

Similar to how many Christians cherry pick their values. It's ok to stock up on AR-15's and ammo while glossing over the teachings of Jesus about nonviolence, but let's not let homosexuals marry. Why, those fags are perverts! They bible tells me so!

Similar to how many Christians cherry pick their values. It's ok to stock up on AR-15's and ammo while glossing over the teachings of Jesus about nonviolence, but let's not let homosexuals marry. Why, those fags are perverts! They bible tells me so!

Unfortunately that's true. One of the big reasons I can't commit to Christianity. I am much too vain and not nearly generous enough or loving toward my fellow man. I do respect those who can come close to that.

WSS

coming from the man who claims "gays cannot marry because of science", I'd say it's a bit ambitious of you to make the claim about anyone lacking education.

So you're purporting that "AR-15's and piles of ammo" are only used for murder?

Well unless you are a shitty shot and only wound something, I think that guns were designed for the exact purpose of killing. But I can see how someone would need to stock up on SS109/M855 steel core, armor piercing green tips for hunting all those pesky squirrels. Might as well buy an ARFA kit while I'm at it to convert to full-auto. That way, if the first shot doesn't kill Bambi, I can empty the clip fast enough to put him out of his misery. Ethical hunting, and all that.

Contrary to what the cool kids at the arcade are telling you, Jesus isn't the fun police.

Well, good thing the Mennonites have you to clear that up for them, Cal.

So at the very worst, Jesus was a hypocrite who preached to "love your enemies" and "to turn the other cheek" while whispering to "sell my cloak and buy a sword" from the side of his mouth. Prince of Peace, indeed. Or at the very least, many sects of Christianity have many varying interpretations of the Bible. And yet we're supposed to use it as the authority behind our laws, and use interpretation of its teachings to judge how others live their lives, when its own self-proclaimed adherents can't even agree amongst themselves what the True message and interpretation is? No thank you. I prefer to remain in the world of logic and reason. You go ahead and keep your crackpot ideology based on Iron Age ramblings, but don't try to force that horseshit on me and tell me I have to live my life by it.

So you're purporting that "AR-15's and piles of ammo" are only used for murder?

Well unless you are a shitty shot and only wound something, I think that guns were designed for the exact purpose of killing. But I can see how someone would need to stock up on SS109/M855 steel core, armor piercing green tips for hunting all those pesky squirrels. Might as well buy an ARFA kit while I'm at it to convert to full-auto. That way, if the first shot doesn't kill Bambi, I can empty the clip fast enough to put him out of his misery. Ethical hunting, and all that.

Contrary to what the cool kids at the arcade are telling you, Jesus isn't the fun police.

Who mentioned hunting and Bambi?

Well, before you did?

Who mentioned hunting and Bambi?

Well, before you did?

Perhaps I missed the gist of your first reply. What were you suggesting by asking me if I was purporting that AR-15's and piles of ammo are only used for killing? Besides having very minor secondary purposes of filling gun racks/safes and being rather expensive paperweights, I thought guns were designed with the express purpose of enabling someone to kill something in mind. I figured from the wording of your first response, you were implying they had another purpose.

Target shooting. Sporting clays...

Keep trying though

I think you've missed my point. I have no problem with gun ownership at at all, it's a constitutional right, as Cal would say. I own guns. But you're not going to hear me saying that I'd be stashing away thousands of steel cores in Mil-spec cans solely for target shooting or buying tracers for, I don't know, night-time clay shooting practice perhaps? Whatever hare-brained excuse that sounds good I guess. But, fortunately, I don't tend to piss on someone's shoes and tell them it's rain. And I certainly wouldn't have the audacity to own guns while at the same time going around trumpeting about the supposed virtues of a supposed "peaceful" religion, and spouting out verses that I can use to justify how I judge someone.

5.56 is cheap and fun as hell to shoot. Paper, cans glass bottles, rotten fruit. Pretty much anything. It disappears real quick. I guess that's why I "stockpile" it. And again those "steel cores" aren't anymore dangerous than run of the mill "Bambi ammo". Again, surplus= cheap.

Read up on Jesus and "Lex Talionis" before you pretend to understand something you clearly don't.

Shooting paper and rotten fruit isn't violent. Therefore there is no conflict.

5.56 is cheap and fun as hell to shoot. Paper, cans glass bottles, rotten fruit. Pretty much anything. It disappears real quick. I guess that's why I "stockpile" it. And again those "steel cores" aren't anymore dangerous than run of the mill "Bambi ammo". Again, surplus= cheap.

Read up on Jesus and "Lex Talionis" before you pretend to understand something you clearly don't.

Shooting paper and rotten fruit isn't violent. Therefore there is no conflict.

I believe he isn't referring to people who shoot for sport. I'd venture a guess the religious nuts that stock pile weapons for 'self defense' yet in truth, want nothing more than to feel provocated enough to use those weapons to act on God's behalf.

Case in point, the 'OathKeepers' who have now shown up, armed, threatening to 'intervene' if Ms Davis is arrested again. I'd be willing to bet those boys vote a certain way and line the pews Sunday Morn'.

Archived