THE BROWNS BOARD

U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning throws clerk in jail

calfoxwc

You guys really are stupid. I mean that with my deepest sincerities. Equating a govt employee refusing service based on her religious beliefs with people who protest wall street shenanigans that depth charged our economy but the fat boys made off with billions while we took it in the ass and still haven't fully recovered....or a man during the 70's saying I'm not going to go kill some slopes in straw hats just cause they prefer a system of governance different than ours...I mean you guys are real authentic clowns.

You guys are plumbing depths of ignorance beginning to infringe on some of these middle east guys. Like I can see where they got started. People in the middle east started to slouch off into profound ignorance and within a generation or two....well, we see what's happening there. You guys are shameful, utterly disgraceful. "NO ONE" cares that woman doesn't like gays, if she wasn't in a position to completely shut down marriage liscenses in that county do you think ANYBODY WOULD FUCKING KNOW HER NAME? No...cause she'd just be some stupid whore nobody cares about. Be blissful in your profound state of abject mental depravity though I guess.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody here think that Vietnam war protesters who refused to go into the army or Rosa Parks who refused to sit in the back of the bus or any number of liberal protesters including the jerk offs from Occupy Wall Street whining about income inequality or any other purveyors of civil disobedience should be punished and thrown in jail? Didn't that used to be the hallmark of the liberal or progressive or whatever you want to call your movement? This is nothing but your own animosity towards people of a different faith than your own. It's hip to hate Christians.

WSS

So you were in Nam steve? <coffee>

No one is quite as stupid (or as ignorant of his own stupidity) as you Cleve.

The fact is when she was elected to office she was required to provide marriage licenses and the Kentucky Constitution at that time declared marriage was between a man and a woman. So she's not even refusing to do the job she was elected to do and is in jeopardy now ironically enough because politicians refused to overstep her authority and make the orders themselves. Ie the governor of the state of Kentucky. Coward? You tell me.

WSS

oh and to clear I do not hold this womans personal beliefs against her one Iota...but if you're a govt employee that's that. That's the only issue I have with her. And not allowing her staff to do so shows that she's a pure zealot with an agenda, not some poor victim who's caught between her job and her god. If that was the case she'd just have someone else do it.

Do you know anyone that was in Nam? I mean really know them, to the point where they opened up to you about what they saw or maybe even had to do themselves?

Yes. Some told stories so horrendous they were hard to believe. Some may have exaggerated and some said it was not a big deal. Different experiences for different people. Your point?

WSS

Clevedouche is just runaway emotionally venting - has no legit point, can't stay on track.

It's the same thing. It was the law to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act, and

liberals agreed with that emotionally.

But they HATE the clerk for refusing to enforce a law SHE doesn't agree with.

And, liberals agreed with draft evaders even though they were breaking the law.

Liberals always get to change their minds.

I don't understand how her religious practice is the one that's under fire.

After all, Ms. Davis is the one allowing HER believes as a beacon to deny service to others. How does that sound like she's being the one that's oppressed?

Also, this talk of job objectives changing therefore she is to be granted accommodation - fuck that. I've worked at a couple positions where jobs objectives were changed and responsibilities were added/taken away. So long as your employer notifies you in advance and you're (physically) capable of executing that position, I see no reason for accommodation. I'm sure if you're reading this you've experienced the same and did minimal bitching because hey, you have to earn a living. Defending her job accommodations is because there is little else to argue on. She serves under the rule of law - law's change, the nice thing about this country. She is sworn to uphold those laws. And no, I won't get drawn into a theoretical debate about 'what if the law was to kill 'xx' skin color, or senior citizens' because its a bullshit hypothetical when real arguments can't be constructed.

edit: Of course there are going to be laws that everyone will tend to be flexible on and disagree with.

Fact is, I have no problem with civil disobedience when things like equality that's such a black and white (no pun intended) issue are the narrative.

So I'll use a counter point since Steve brought up 'Nam and Rosa. Do you NOT agree with the actions of those individuals at the time?

Was what Ms. Parks did not something that you agree with? (In your opinion) Did/do minorities not deserve equal rights? (Within reason here, some of the examples you fuckers give are beyond the bounds of logic)

Quite clearly, with hindsight, the War in Vietnam was a failure. Clearly the Civil Rights movement was a positive necessity in this country. You're equating these things with gay marriage and failing to see that, after 50+ years, both Draft Dodgers and Civil Rights Supporters have a favorable look in this country.

I don't understand how her religious practice is the one that's under fire.

After all, Ms. Davis is the one allowing HER believes as a beacon to deny service to others. How does that sound like she's being the one that's oppressed?

Also, this talk of job objectives changing therefore she is to be granted accommodation - fuck that. I've worked at a couple positions where jobs objectives were changed and responsibilities were added/taken away. So long as your employer notifies you in advance and you're (physically) capable of executing that position, I see no reason for accommodation.

And yet, she's the victim...!

Did any of those changes in your job cause you to morally object?

Like, as a doctor, would you perform abortions on nearly born, healthy

children just because you were told you had to? You would "openly deny

service to the wench that decided she wants that healthy 9 mnth old child

to be murdered" ?

...compared to somebody who doesn't want

to broil hamburgers AND fries AND hash browns at McDonalds?

and, it's "beliefs". That is the noun.

"believes" is the verb.

"He believes his beliefs are valid"

Yes. Some told stories so horrendous they were hard to believe. Some may have exaggerated and some said it was not a big deal. Different experiences for different people. Your point?

WSS

The point is that only people in Nam can say "anything" about people who protested that shit. I had family in Nam and one of em was assigned to some mercenary group of Thai mother fuckers that the U.S used to "do things" to people that U.S service personnel couldn't be allowed to do...otherwise we'd look like major douchebags at the Hague. And not just to do to Vietcong soldiers, any village army intelligence "thought" might harbor a Vietcong or two.

And apparently these stories were filtering out even during the war. You're not really a full human being if you didn't protest that war. So smoother over a fat one when it comes to talking about Vietnam war protesters, that shit that went on in Vietnam was 100x more evil than, for example, the Planned Parenthood fiasco which I agree they likely need to be shut down. It's always ok to protest shit when it suits your idealogy, it's harder to remain firm on principle and just protest evil shit period huh? Oh but Cleve you just don't know how the world works....this is how empires are built!! Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet right? How many times have you typed that here steve? Tell you what, next tiem PP is brought up i'm gonna play the other side and say hey, the pharm companies need that shit to develop life sustaining technologies for the rest of us...right? So you gotta crack a few eggs...just gotta crack a few.

The point is that only people in Nam can say "anything" about people who protested that shit. I had family in Nam and one of em was assigned to some mercenary group of Thai mother fuckers that the U.S used to "do things" to people that U.S service personnel couldn't be allowed to do...otherwise we'd look like major douchebags at the Hague. And not just to do to Vietcong soldiers, any village army intelligence "thought" might harbor a Vietcong or two.

And apparently these stories were filtering out even during the war. You're not really a full human being if you didn't protest that war. So smoother over a fat one when it comes to talking about Vietnam war protesters, that shit that went on in Vietnam was 100x more evil than, for example, the Planned Parenthood fiasco which I agree they likely need to be shut down. It's always ok to protest shit when it suits your idealogy, it's harder to remain firm on principle and just protest evil shit period huh? Oh but Cleve you just don't know how the world works....this is how empires are built!! Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelet right? How many times have you typed that here steve? Tell you what, next tiem PP is brought up i'm gonna play the other side and say hey, the pharm companies need that shit to develop life sustaining technologies for the rest of us...right? So you gotta crack a few eggs...just gotta crack a few.

Go fuck yourself.

Hey, Cleveasshole, the point was about defying the law.

You idiot, you just proved what we are saying is true.

you emoters get to decide what laws you want to follow,

and which ones you don't want to follow.

You knee jerk and rationalize it, but hell to pay for anybody else

who refuses to follow a law ...WHEN YOU WANT THEM TO.

STFU.

Did any of those changes in your job cause you to morally object?

Like, as a doctor, would you perform abortions on nearly born, healthy

children just because you were told you had to? You would "openly deny

service to the wench that decided she wants that healthy 9 mnth old child

to be murdered" ?

...compared to somebody who doesn't want

to broil hamburgers AND fries AND hash browns at McDonalds?

and, it's "beliefs". That is the noun.

"believes" is the verb.

"He believes his beliefs are valid"

And hypothetical arguements I predicted would be made.

Edit. There is no foundation for her belief to deny. None. Other than the act of gay intercourse being the sin. Which she is not partaking in, therefore not sinning nor advocating the sin.

Hey, Cleveasshole, the point was about defying the law.

You idiot, you just proved what we are saying is true.

you emoters get to decide what laws you want to follow,

and which ones you don't want to follow.

You knee jerk and rationalize it, but hell to pay for anybody else

who refuses to follow a law ...WHEN YOU WANT THEM TO.

STFU.

wrong

Hey woody where are the (insert here ______ ) opal jokes now?

Well I tried to make sense of your rant but it was pretty rambling, disjointed and just a little bit crazy. I will guess your first line is the point and you are wrong. Anybody can protest anything if they want to. I'm just not a big fan of protest but still I'm sure Vietnam was just as fucked up as it could possibly be. That being said I can't imagine any armed conflict in the history of this planet, all 6000 years, that hasn't included all manner of unspeakable horrors.

So let me ask, you've never been there either right? So are you not allowed to have an opinion?

WSS

Well I tried to make sense of your rant but it was pretty rambling, disjointed and just a little bit crazy. I will guess your first line is the point and you are wrong. Anybody can protest anything if they want to. I'm just not a big fan of protest but still I'm sure Vietnam was just as fucked up as it could possibly be. That being said I can't imagine any armed conflict in the history of this planet, all 6000 years, that hasn't included all manner of unspeakable horrors.

So let me ask, you've never been there either right? So are you not allowed to have an opinion?

WSS

It's not that you're not allowed to have an opinion either way about the war, it's your statement that "shouldn't those protesters have been thrown in jail?"...equating that situation with this woman in KY. The reason i asked if you were in Nam was because i was curious if you really knew what went on there, and you know..the fact that it's war period....and then equating it with some reformed hooore in Ky, it was just rather confounding.

"IF" you had been in Nam I would have left it alone, because people that were there..in my book, can have any public opinion they want about it and i'll leave it alone. I get very irritated with people who weren't there or any war for that matter...who glorify it with such nonchalance. War is awesome till you're in it.

Archived