THE BROWNS BOARD

Liberty Counsel and Judges fight perverted redefinition of real, natural Marriage

calfoxwc

1) So then divorce should be illegal, right?

2) Parenting aside, married couples don't have to have kids. The issue right now isn't gay adoption/parents, just gay marriage. Why should gay marriage be illegal?

I don't think you're right on either topic, but breaking the two up will help keep this "debate" focused.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Divorce does not equal a perverted distortion of what true, natural marriage is as defined.

And yes, we all know married couples don't have to have kids. has nothing to do with what we are talking about as usual.

The idea is that most of them do, and nearly all of them can.

There is no gay couple that can. Go buy yourself a couple of strong magnets and come back

when you can stick to the subject.

Divorce does not equal a perverted distortion of what true, natural marriage is as defined.

And yes, we all know married couples don't have to have kids. has nothing to do with what we are talking about as usual.

There is no gay couple that can. Go buy yourself a couple of strong magnets and come back

Humans are not like magnets.

Human sexuality mostly is, but the difference is unnatural and perverted,

It is attraction by opposites. Obviously, there are exceptions with human beings,

but accentuates the perverse aspect of it.

It's sad - but a few people around here seem so much like magnetiphobes.

Human sexuality mostly is, but the difference is unnatural and perverted,

It is attraction by opposites. Obviously, there are exceptions with human beings,

but accentuates the perverse aspect of it.

It's sad - but a few people around here seem so much like magnetiphobes.

It actually isn't like a magnet at all. It is on a scale, not two polar ends only.

Your main argument against gay marriage seems to be gays raising kids. You also don't have veery much to prove it is worse to be raised by a gay couple. Even assuming it is, and your concern is the kid, there are two big points you need to address:

1) Divorce. A single parent household, under your reasoning earlier, will produce similar negative results. If this is enough for you to keep gay marriage illegal, you should be for making divorce illegal.

2) Not all married couples have kids. You keep assuming the two ideas are one in the same. Let's say gays are banned from adopting kids, can they get married then?

and yes, this is all a pointless exercise. It will be legal everywhere soon enough

People who supposedly (at least in your mind) make less-than-optimal parents should not be able to get married. I mean, I disagree, but let's roll with it for a moment, can you point me to the massive protests against the following people getting married:

Alcoholics

Drug users

Criminals

Both full time employed

Both unemployed

Blind/deaf/other disabled people

People who will most likely get divorced

Atheists

Anti-vaxxers

Black people

There's a whole host of groups of people you can look at that are sub-optimal parents, because the group of optimal-parents is so negligibly small.

People who supposedly (at least in your mind) make less-than-optimal parents should not be able to get married. I mean, I disagree, but let's roll with it for a moment, can you point me to the massive protests against the following people getting married:

Alcoholics

Drug users

Criminals

Both full time employed

Both unemployed

Blind/deaf/other disabled people

People who will most likely get divorced

Atheists

Anti-vaxxers

Black people

There's a whole host of groups of people you can look at that are sub-optimal parents, because the group of optimal-parents is so negligibly small.

Well like it or not the numbers do seem to support that idea.

But of course children be damned. People have rights and who cares if their desire fucks up a child's life.

WSS

Well like it or not the numbers do seem to support that idea.

But of course children be damned. People have rights and who cares if their desire fucks up a child's life.

WSS

I'm not convinced that they do, but the numbers definitely support other groups of people not being good parents, and that was the point I was making. Why aren't we protesting drug users getting married, if it's only about the quality of parent they will be?

I'm not convinced that they do, but the numbers definitely support other groups of people not being good parents, and that was the point I was making. Why aren't we protesting drug users getting married, if it's only about the quality of parent they will be?

We?

I think we are far too lax in our morality when it comes to rearing children. There should be some shame involved and some responsibility. But it appears to me at least that one of the main ideas of the left is to assuage feelings of guilt and morality in return for votes.

WSS

We?

I think we are far too lax in our morality when it comes to rearing children. There should be some shame involved and some responsibility. But it appears to me at least that one of the main ideas of the left is to assuage feelings of guilt and morality in return for votes.

WSS

I thought it was to instil white guilt to make giving free stuff to black people OK? Or am I getting mixed up?

As to the Dodge I don't think a homosexual couple is necessarily the worst environment for a child when compared to your list. So what?

Is there some point I've missed?

WSS

I specifically made the point that if we're claiming gay's shouldn't marry because they make bad parents, then why aren't we complaining about those other groups that we can easily show (with science or pseudoscience) make bad parents? And you completely didn't address the point.

I'm glad you agree with me though, there are far worse environments for a child than two loving gay people, so that's really not an argument against them marrying.

All of the kids I dealt with came from homes with straight parents. They also happened to be where kids were chained to appliances, raped, not fed, burned with cigarettes, etc. I would take a well adjusted gay couple over those shitbag parents all day.

Yeah but they gross me out...

I specifically made the point that if we're claiming gay's shouldn't marry because they make bad parents, then why aren't we complaining about those other groups that we can easily show (with science or pseudoscience) make bad parents? And you completely didn't address the point.

I'm glad you agree with me though, there are far worse environments for a child than two loving gay people, so that's really not an argument against them marrying.

I didn't address that point because I don't think it's valid especially compared with your list.

And I didn't, unless I've missed someone's comment, think it was the main thrust of the original post.

But if I were pressed I would say probably the ideal family unit is a caring mother and father.

WSS

Archived