THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

It was a very winnable game for the Browns who had too many missed opportunities. They should have won the game after the Mingo interception but a run for a loss and two sacks later we are punting. Also huge letdown with defense after we scored and took the lead 20-16 and it took the Broncos only one play to score a td and take back the lead. Frustrating because we could have and should have won the game today.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great game???? lmao.

It was a great game...put up 23 points on the number 1 defense in the NFL and had a chance. We can play with anyone. The team is in the right direction. Some of you are just too stupid to see it.

Great game. Fuck you whiners. I would have loved a win. But we played a good game. At least we don't get blown away like lamar Odom every week.

no we didn't. our ol got manhandled all day long..we gave up another 100 plus yd game to another running back...stupid coaching decisions...at least dansby came to play....we didn't even touch manning the whole day long...where the hell is krueger....and the biggest question...now that chonnie is still drinking and will probably soon be released, who is our future qb...whooooooo, ah say whooooooo.....trouble with the curve, i mean trouble with the browns....

well lets see. first time this year JM had no time with the starters. AND still looked good. second time we win. he can run! he can throw! he is getting better with the read! so why all the hate??????????????? please tell me.

Looked good? we scored 10 points. The next week with all his practice, only completed 8 passes. He's a midget who would never have survived against that pass rush.

Austin Davis?

Seriously...are you fuckers going to spend all week blaming McCown? Just let me know so I can plan to not visit all week long till next Sunday.

no but the bigger issue is, mccown is not going to win a superbowl for the browns, he probably won't even get them to the playoffs....he's 36 and will fade away shortly...we still have a drunk as a backup qb that will probably soon be release...so tell me, where is our future superbowl qb...ehh

It was a great game...put up 23 points on the number 1 defense in the NFL and had a chance. We can play with anyone. The team is in the right direction. Some of you are just too stupid to see it.

I agree with you Mark but it is still frustrating to see the team play hard and play well enough to win but time after time failing to capitalize on opportunities. Game should have been over after the Mingo interception but I give the team credit for playing hard and they are headed in the right direction.

I agree with you Mark but it is still frustrating to see the team play hard and play well enough to win but time after time failing to capitalize on opportunities. Game should have been over after the Mingo interception but I give the team credit for playing hard and they are headed in the right direction.

Completely agree...frustrating but I don't see the anger and fire everyone and all that bullshit.

headed in the right direction....are you kidding me...mccown is not our sb qb...he might get them to the playoffs if he can play 4 more yrs.....nah, that puts him at 40 yrs old...don't think so...and we still have a drunk as a backup...what a future....

headed in the right direction....are you kidding me...mccown is not our sb qb...he might get them to the playoffs if he can play 4 more yrs.....nah, that puts him at 40 yrs old...don't think so...and we still have a drunk as a backup...what a future....

There's more positions on the field than just the QB. This one we have right now is just fine for now. Build the team...find the QB.

If we could have capitalized on those interceptions. I think they left Manning upright also. I would have blitzed him all day. He can't move, his arm is RUBBER. We lost a heartbreaker again at home! Next week on the road. At least the fans stay home for this one.

LOL

Drafting Manziel was a bonehead move. Everyone on the planet knew what he was!

too stupid...too stupid...where are you at....maybe you don't understand the bigger picture here....who the hell is our sb qb...its not mccown...he's 36 and he ain't the one...and our backup thinks that drinking ends once he gets out of rehab....yeah stupid alright..... we have never headed in the right direction since 99 because we have no future qb that can get us where we need to be...

We need......

A QB

A rb

An o-line

A defense

An intelligent coach......

Playmakers. That's what we need.

We have too few in the team. Some players are great one game, average to bad the others.

Until we won't invest heavily in free agency we will always have teams built on shaky drafts.

Ownership must put a ton of money in competitive FA for the next three years.

If we go on like that in 2050 we will still be a losing franchise.

The Steelers played their third string QB today. He entered in the team like a hand in a glove and guess what? They won vs a very strong Arizona team. Why? Because they had playmakers on both sides of the fucking ball.

It's all about playmakers in this game.

You have them? You win.

You don't? You are the Cleveland Browns of today.

I'm sorry but I can take losses, I can swallow heartbreaking losses like the one of today, I cannot swallow mediocrity as a way of living.

There's more positions on the field than just the QB. This one we have right now is just fine for now. Build the team...find the QB.

great, fine for now...we have had fine for now qb's since 99...wait, nah not really, there were some really bad ones. but you need a qb...face it...otherwise we will still be bitchin 10 yrs from now about the same ol same ol...because that is what it has been....build the team, get the qb....mmmm hmmmm....same ol same ol

If we could have capitalized on those interceptions. I think they left Manning upright also. I would have blitzed him all day. He can't move, his arm is RUBBER. We lost a heartbreaker again at home! Next week on the road. At least the fans stay home for this one.

Blitzing is a great idea when you're secondary can hold up. We're down two Pro Bowl DB's.

You can mix up looks and blitz on occasion, sure. While Manning's arm might be gone, his mind is still a weapon. He was calling out good protections all game

and I recall several of our blitzes and stunts not getting an ounce of pressure.

yes it was...

at this point pettine reminds me of a gunslinger qb making bad throws...i would have kicked the xtra pt...i also never would have went for that first down he decided to do in the first qtr. i would have punted and tried to pin denver back deep....i remember last yr when we had a 6-0 lead on the jags and were in fg range with only seconds left in the half and he went for it and did not make..then the jags with less than 50 drove right down the field and scored...and then smacked the browns around in the second half...dumb call turned the game around...he's done some really stupid crap.. .however, who else can we hire...there is no one else...

Bad call on the 2-point try. Kicking the PAT at least shifts the 2-pt pressure to Denver.

Based upon what I saw line, our interior OL simply did not keep pressure out of McC's face. But we shall see...

Quick count by my watching of Mack. Gave up a sack, and several pressures.

I didn't know we got blown out this game? I thought we took undefeated Denver into overtime and lost because we did not capitalize when we got the opportunity. We are headed in the right direction. We are in these games in the fourth quarter and maybe that is the next hurdle this team needs to jump over such as finding ways to win these close games instead of finding ways to lose them.

A constant turnover of head coaches and GM's since 99 have hurt as much as anything to keep this team down.

Blitzing is a great idea when you're secondary can hold up. We're down two Pro Bowl DB's.

You can mix up looks and blitz on occasion, sure. While Manning's arm might be gone, his mind is still a weapon. He was calling out good protections all game

and I recall several of our blitzes and stunts not getting an ounce of pressure.

we never get an ounce of pressure...a game here and a game there, but overall our pass rush is about as good as our run d....putrid...

If we had just kicked the extra point instead of going for two, this would have never gone into OT.

No... best you can say is "maybe" it does not go to OT. If we kick the PAT, then Denver goes for two after their answering score.

for what it's worth we scored 23 pts on the best defense in the NFL. It was ugly, but points are points.

17... but who's counting.

I didn't know we got blown out this game? I thought we took undefeated Denver into overtime and lost because we did not capitalize when we got the opportunity. We are headed in the right direction. We are in these games in the fourth quarter and maybe that is the next hurdle this team needs to jump over such as finding ways to win these close games instead of finding ways to lose them.

A constant turnover of head coaches and GM's since 99 have hurt as much as anything to keep this team down.

With all respect to Denver's record they didn't look very good. A lot if mistakes, stupid penalties and complete ineptitude on offense.

Archived