THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs Broncos Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

The pick 6 was killer, especially with Denver offense struggling.

Pick by the defense in OT should have been the game clincher, but we took sacks and gave it back to Manning so he could win because we were feeling generous I guess.

Also the pick at the end of regulation, impossibly frustrating.

We had so many chances to win, we just didn't seem to want to.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing for me fellas-at the end of the day the NFL is all about winning. Denver might be a "bad" undefeated team but you know what? they have a goose egg in the loss column and we now see a 4. I'm so tired of hearing "we played a great game" and "we're playing competitive". I'm not calling anyone out in particular here, but seriously fuck that line of thinking. I've heard Browns fan say that for going on 10 years. High school and college are the levels to sit there and make that claim, not the NFL.

We had this game by the balls. Our damn near bust top 5 pick actually makes a great play and we need a few yards in the right direction to give our money kicker a chance to win the game. Instead we go back, give the ball back to noodle arm Manning and lose. Al Davis said it best, just win baby. I just truly and completely don't know what it's going to take to turn the damn corner and not lose like the Browns manage to year in and year out.

i hate to say it....and i agree with everything you said, but we need a good front ofc...starting with the owner and gm...just look back at all the failures...there are so many that i don't know where to begin...the most recents have been manziel...you know how bad this is...its bad because he is not going to pan out after the latest incident...so that leaves us with a 36 yr old who is not our franchise qb.. i can't believe he is still standing upright after that hit where he fumbled...he's been takin an awful beating all yr...so my guess is he will feel 46 yrs old after this season and call it quits very soon.. so now we still have no qb, .then you look at the latest free agents...hartline and bowe...good lord...do you know where i am going with this...my guess is you do....until we can figure out how to evaluate talent, we are not going to turn any corners...

i hate to say it....and i agree with everything you said, but we need a good front ofc...starting with the owner and gm...just look back at all the failures...there are so many that i don't know where to begin...the most recents have been manziel...you know how bad this is...its bad because he is not going to pan out after the latest incident...so that leaves us with a 36 yr old who is not our franchise qb.. i can't believe he is still standing upright after that hit where he fumbled...he's been takin an awful beating all yr...so my guess is he will feel 46 yrs old after this season and call it quits very soon.. so now we still have no qb, .then you look at the latest free agents...hartline and bowe...good lord...do you know where i am going with this...my guess is you do....until we can figure out how to evaluate talent, we are not going to turn any corners...

The worlds longest sentence call Guinness. Take your Ritalin, take a deep breath and see if you can form whole rational sentences. Were you poked in the head a lot while still in the womb?? Sorry about that I should have been more careful.

alot of so=called fans don't have the fortitude to stick by the team they love.

broken hearts are for assholes but if you let a game and some scrub fans turn your position.....you are not a soldier.

The worlds longest sentence call Guinness. Take your Ritalin, take a deep breath and see if you can form whole rational sentences. Were you poked in the head a lot while still in the womb?? Sorry about that I should have been more careful.

all right...took my ritalin...we can't draft well, we suck at free agency...that all points to the owner and gm...nuff said...we ain't turnin any corners until that is fixed. end of story...

broken hearts are for assholes but if you let a game and some scrub fans turn your position.....you are not a soldier.

Kellen Winslow was a "soldier" and where did that get us Mik? It's not just scrub fans either.

You know the surest way to tell the diehard fans have quit? And are disgusted with the product the Browns are putting on the field? I'm in Section 111- it's totally sold out to Browns season ticket holders. You'd need around 30 years of seniority, or a ton of money to buy into my section. So why was I surrounded by Broncos fans today? I'll tell you why- because around 20% of our long time fans would rather sell off their seats at a profit- probably to fans of the opposing team- and sit back and watch the game at home on the tube. Far less hassle, and a damnsite warmer than it was at the stadium today.

Screw that fans crap. That was for 30 years ago. At these prices for tickets, parking, beer, and hot dogs, I'm a consumer, and I find the product is deficient...

Exactly. Today- Parking $15, two tickets $190, four drinks $36, two hot dogs $12 = $253. If you went to a restaurant with the wife and dropped that kind of money on dinner- and got a lousy meal, you don't think you're within your rights to bitch to the manager you're not happy about it?

There's a difference between sticking by your team and handing out free passes for every dumb fuck thing they do.

That OT period today was a dismal clusterfuck. The defense couldn't even get up to the line or off the field in time. The play call after the INT was just about the worst call you can possibly make in that situation. HB toss sweep, to a back playing his first game behind our line, coming off a long injury break . . . what in the actual fuck . . . Was flip hitting the bong with Gordon at halftime?

These guys get paid millions to coach / play the least they can do is learn from their mistakes and stop fucking up routine things like getting to the line, or not losing 15

Yards when all you need to do is gain 5 for a legit shot at a game winning field goal.

We got flagged for illegal formation on a punt today . . . I mean damn

Exactly. Today- Parking $15, two tickets $190, four drinks $36, two hot dogs $12 = $253. If you went to a restaurant with the wife and dropped that kind of money on dinner- and got a lousy meal, you don't think you're within your rights to bitch to the manager you're not happy about it?

This is my point exactly here-it's not a matter of not being a fan of the Browns because we always will be. I'm just so tired year after year of hearing "that was a moral victory" and "they played hard out there". That BS isn't meant for the NFL and is just tiresome to see each and every week. We didn't just have a chance at this game, we HAD this game firmly. To blow the game is just incredible to me and still just makes me so disgusted thinking about it. Using Hoorta's example, we've been eating the same lousy meal for a decade and it gets tougher to swallow each season.

Screw that fans crap. That was for 30 years ago. At these prices for tickets, parking, beer, and hot dogs, I'm a consumer, and I find the product is deficient...

who fucking wants to go to a stadium and watch a game? not me.

2 miles away there are 10 50 inch hd tvs with every game you'd want to see on them, with very good looking big tittted bartenders 'tending' to my every need. that 'going to games, waiting in traffic, being drunk, yelling obsenities and starting fights got tired about 20 years ago. if the rest of yo haven't figured it out yet then you are the dumb ones.

Frustrating it was to watch the team beat themselves after Mingo's pick. You had to have known that Denver was going to send the entire farm our last drive in their territory. If there is one criticism I have for McCown, he's horrible under pressure. He hold's onto the ball to long and has no internal clock to tell him that he needs to move out of the pocket or move his feet to make something happen. Instead, he stands there and let's the pocket swallow him like Boba Fett in a Sarlacc pit. I can understand why some people feel that Manziel might help us in these situations. But alas, JFF just might be a patched up ship ready to sink again.

Denver gift wrapped that game for us and we blew it with some questionable play calls and an offensive line that is shit. If you know that Denver is going to blow you up, you call a play to counter it. Instead we call plays that gives Denver and open invitation to our QB.

If you're not frustrated after that, you've given up hope.

he's horrible? set the franchise record for passing last week.

what was horrible was the fact that flip couldn't draw up something that the broncos hadn't seen in that situation yesterday. who didn't know we'd run or pap those 3 downs going in reverse on both drives where we coulda won the game?

he's horrible? set the franchise record for passing last week.

what was horrible was the fact that flip couldn't draw up something that the broncos hadn't seen in that situation yesterday. who didn't know we'd run or pap those 3 downs going in reverse on both drives where we coulda won the game?

I said he's horrible under pressure. Context of the entire phrase matters. How many times has he been under pressure and he holds onto the ball way to long or makes a dumb decision. He even said post game that he has to get rid of the ball quicker. Breaking one team record is also no reason to celebrate the coming of McCown. Who was that Green Bay QB that had that one killer game a few years ago? Got signed for some decent money... that's right, I can't even think of his name now. When McCown has time he can be good. We have seen that, there is no argument there. But with our OLine playing like it is, Josh and FlipO have to accommodate that with the play calling and execution.

and the key word there in every game we've won OR lost is lack of execution. it takes time to play to a high level because of getting to know your teammates and getting to know their capabilities and trusting in knowing that they will be (in position) on every play. the browns aren't there yet. blowing up FOs and coaching staffs doesn't do anything positive in that direction. adding and upgrading talent plus getting keener with schemes and play calling does.

and to know their fans have their back might mean a little something too.

I said he's horrible under pressure. Context of the entire phrase matters. How many times has he been under pressure and he holds onto the ball way to long or makes a dumb decision. He even said post game that he has to get rid of the ball quicker. Breaking one team record is also no reason to celebrate the coming of McCown. Who was that Green Bay QB that had that one killer game a few years ago? Got signed for some decent money... that's right, I can't even think of his name now. When McCown has time he can be good. We have seen that, there is no argument there. But with our OLine playing like it is, Josh and FlipO have to accommodate that with the play calling and execution.

Hoyer set an NFL record for biggest road comeback ;)

Otherwise, McCown sucked a fat one yesterday and he's a big reason why we lost.

McCown's pick 6 was totally moronic. Before the ball was snapped that's where it was going, he thought it would work before looking.

Often times McCown sees a blitz that gets picked up pretty well, but he holds it into a sack. Even when he gets bumped and recovers, still holds it til he gets sacked. Took sacks in overtime which cost us one opportunity to win.

That interception at the end of regulation? Totally boneheaded. We had 3 timeouts and time. Yet another opportunity to win lost.

Whitner gave up 3 points to an easy tackle he missed - which sucked too. Many more fundamental mistakes on defense throughout.

I'm not happy about this one, it's not a matter of playing them tough. Denver sucked yesterday and blew every opportunity to put us away, especially on offense. We just happened to not take the W that Denver practically gift wrapped for us.

McCown's pick 6 was totally moronic. Before the ball was snapped that's where it was going, he thought it would work before looking.

Often times McCown sees a blitz that gets picked up pretty well, but he holds it into a sack. Even when he gets bumped and recovers, still holds it til he gets sacked. Took sacks in overtime which cost us one opportunity to win.

That interception at the end of regulation? Totally boneheaded. We had 3 timeouts and time. Yet another opportunity to win lost.

Whitner gave up 3 points to an easy tackle he missed - which sucked too. Many more fundamental mistakes on defense throughout.

I'm not happy about this one, it's not a matter of playing them tough. Denver sucked yesterday and blew every opportunity to put us away, especially on offense. We just happened to not take the W that Denver practically gift wrapped for us.

i guess the HOFers pick six was moronic as well? yes denver is LUCKY to be 6-0. so that means every other team they beat were just dumb and lousy.

Forgive me if I say this, but I find this discussion about McCown pointless.

Yesterday Pittsburgh put in the third string QB and won against Arizona. But the Steelers have a lot of playmakers on the field. Players that pull out the right thing at the right time in almost every game.

If we don't have playmakers in our team we won't go anywhere.

I said he's horrible under pressure. kidd

Most qb's are, when they don't have the wr's open,

and are frustrated.

We've seen Peyton Manning throw 3 or was it 4 ints in a playoff game before.

Did he suddenly become a stupid qb? No.

Aaron Rodgers' play is sucking - int's fumbles. He is missing his wr's being

healthy, for part of it.

and the key word there in every game we've won OR lost is lack of execution. it takes time to play to a high level because of getting to know your teammates and getting to know their capabilities and trusting in knowing that they will be (in position) on every play. the browns aren't there yet. blowing up FOs and coaching staffs doesn't do anything positive in that direction. adding and upgrading talent plus getting keener with schemes and play calling does.

and to know their fans have their back might mean a little something too.

Agreed... right now, I'm looking at Farmer and the play calling right now. So far I trust Pettine... I'm not sure on FlipO and Farmer is on my short list.

Aaron Rodgers' play is sucking - int's fumbles.

Huh??

Hes completing 70% and has 15 td's against 2 Ints. And has the 3rd highest rating in the league.

So if playin GREAT means he sucks. Then I agree. Otherwise, thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

i guess the HOFers pick six was moronic as well? yes denver is LUCKY to be 6-0. so that means every other team they beat were just dumb and lousy.

The HOFer is on the last season of his career. His arm is toasted and their OL and running game are doing him no favors.

I didn't say they were lucky to be 6-0, I said they sucked big time yesterday and we couldn't take advantage of it.

Huh??

Hes completing 70% and has 15 td's against 2 Ints. And has the 3rd highest rating in the league.

So if playin GREAT means he sucks. Then I agree. Otherwise, thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

I agree with Cal he's terrible. Why on earth would we want that sack of shit on the Browns? He's awful..like you said 15 TD's and 2 INT's <-----that's some ginger weedon shit right there.

Sure... goes with being the starting QB.

Owned this in his presser. Said the pre-snap look fooled him. Personally I wonder if he was expecting a sight adjustment from Benji, but unlike was the case with Hoyer, we'll never hear any such thing from Josh.

Sure there are times, but often? "Often" I have seen him deliver strikes just before getting hit. Have even seen a few times that he threw as he was being wrapped up... and completed the pass. Sometimes you have to consider what the alternative to taking the sack is.

So this one he should have held? I think the announcers had it right. Hit as he was throwing, he could not get enough on the throw to get it OB.

Pretty sure if we checked the past five weeks we'd find five other teams thinking the same thing. Denver is just winning ugly right now.

2 miles away there are 10 50 inch hd tvs with every game you'd want to see on them, with very good looking big tittted bartenders 'tending' to my every need. that 'going to games, waiting in traffic, being drunk, yelling obsenities and starting fights got tired about 20 years ago. if the rest of you haven't figured it out yet then you are the dumb ones.

I'll disagree Mik. The hardcore folks who pony up each year are the "fans" in the truest sense of the word. These are the folks shelling out anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000 every year to get fed a crummy Browns product, and overpriced concessions. And for 1\2 the season in Cleveland- in freezing weather. Some of us are driving hundreds of miles to get to the game on top of it. I've often said- if you're a long time Season Ticket holder- you're more married to your seats than you are to your wife. It's just getting really old, seeing teams go from the playoffs to the basement, and back to playoff caliber (Panthers, Bengals) while since 1999, the Browns have largely been the joke of the NFL.

That pick 6 happened right in front of me- If Benji ran the wrong route, I'll give McCown a pass- but that ball was under thrown by 10 yards.

That's the point- we had numerous opportunities to win that game- but we blew it. As they say, good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose. When we went in full reverse after Mingo's interception- that old feeling of impending doom crept over me.

I'll disagree Mik. The hardcore folks who pony up each year are the "fans" in the truest sense of the word. These are the folks shelling out anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000 every year to get fed a crummy Browns product, and overpriced concessions. And for 1\2 the season in Cleveland- in freezing weather. Some of us are driving hundreds of miles to get to the game on top of it. I've often said- if you're a long time Season Ticket holder- you're more married to your seats than you are to your wife. It's just getting really old, seeing teams go from the playoffs to the basement, and back to playoff caliber (Panthers, Bengals) while since 1999, the Browns have largely been the joke of the NFL.

That pick 6 happened right in front of me- If Benji ran the wrong route, I'll give McCown a pass- but that ball was under thrown by 10 yards.

That's the point- we had numerous opportunities to win that game- but we blew it. As they say, good teams find a way to win, bad teams find a way to lose. When we went in full reverse after Mingo's interception- that old feeling of impending doom crept over me.

thats alot of moola....5k...i could not afford that even if they had a good team, which they don't. I know it is not all rich folks spending that kind of cash. If your middle class, you need to rethink your spending habits. And looking at the long term for this team, at this point, it does not look good...Who is our qb, will we ever have a really good rb, will the defense ever have a consistant pass rush. This is what, yr 16 and we still suck. I'd be seriously thinking about putting that 5k per yr toward the ever increasing health care costs. I think that is just a little more important than football...

2 miles away there are 10 50 inch hd tvs with every game you'd want to see on them, with very good looking big tittted bartenders 'tending' to my every need. that 'going to games, waiting in traffic, being drunk, yelling obsenities and starting fights got tired about 20 years ago. if the rest of yo haven't figured it out yet then you are the dumb ones.

excellent...lets demolish all the stadiums then. Shit, we the taxpayers have to pay for them anyway. I agree.....

Spoken like a "true" fan

Not willing to put the time and effort in to cheer on your team . . . What a "soldier" you are

Archived