THE BROWNS BOARD

Another wrinkle in the cannabis legalization debate

jbluhm86

Being smashed imo is not very fun, but I've been drunk and had a blast. It enhances social situations similar to marijuana (for some) and some drinks just taste good. I'm not saying everyone should get hammered all the time but even my lamest of friends (and trust me I have some.. I'm also in engineering) have been drunk before.

Have you ever drank? Anything at all? This is more just a curiosity at this point.

I have fun without getting drunk. I don't see the positives outweighing the negatives. Fuck social "standards", "peer pressure", etc. I see no reason for it.

Sure, I drink now and then with friends. Not much though. Maybe when I'm a sophisticated adult, I come home from work, my kids and wife are running their mouths, I'll have a classy liquor to relax with. Who knows.

I just don't see the positives of getting drunk outweighing the negatives. That's it

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you larp? I'd be so not shocked if you did.

HA

That's funny. Trust me Woody I don't like getting drunk, but I probably have a beer every day or every other day. Something good from a local microbrew. (Cincinnati may have shit sports fans, but the Germans here make damn good beer)

HA

That's funny. Trust me Woody I don't like getting drunk, but I probably have a beer every day or every other day. Something good from a local microbrew. (Cincinnati may have shit sports fans, but the Germans here make damn good beer)

I'm not a huge fan of the German style Beer thanks to the purity laws from centuries ago but I do plan to take a trip to Cincinnati to try out the new Christian Moerlein microbrew.

WSS

I still say that if it's legalized, small profiteers will find property to grow it on...

that doesn't belong to them.

They won't have a felony hanging over their heads, and growing on other people's

property....farms, unbuilt-on lots... pastures... fence lines...

Almost all good pot is now grown inside. A small tiny room can produce thousands of $ per month and at a much faster rate(4x) then outside. Nobody grows pot in fields anymore except hillbillies.

2 burning weed like burning leaves, trash or oil put pollutants in the atmosphere. Miniscule from a marijuana cigarette? Most definitely but still exists.

Vaping and oils are the new thing and both are smokeless and harmless to anybody but the user. On a bus or in a bar. nobody would be bothered or even know it was happening. The wave of the future.

And Woody Ive never even heard of anyone who's not gotten drunk even once. I almost cant believe it.

Why do you think it would be legal to smoke weed on a public bus?

What scientific evidence do you have that says weed smoke will impact climate change?

What is stopping people from growing other product on people's property now?

Woody - I don't believe it would be legal, but I didn't say "public" bus. It could be a chartered bus.

I don't know. Drinking a beer at a football game, doesn't affect anybody else. Smoking a joint

at a football game - of course, everybody next to him is also having to smell it, and inhale it

if they don't hold their breath and run.

And, I was joking about the climate change, and also making a point about the issue. What scientific evidence

do you have, that having a fireplace, lightbulbs, a campfire, a tractor, a cow, a thermostat set at 72 degrees, an SUV/pickup truck,

http://environment.about.com/od/globalwarming/tp/globalwarmtips.htm

And, growing marijuana is a felony. You get caught, it's jail time. Legalize growing it for everyone, well, I thought

that would be obvious. Two teens can grow a bunch of money on a nearby farm. What elderly people walk their

farm to make sure no pot is grown on it? Mark my words - if it does pass in Ohio, you watch that become a problem.

Pot will show up in most any place. Because the growers don't have to worry about getting caught. They risk a felony

and certain jail time now, and grow it on property they don't own, like parks/gov land. You don't think they will

go berserk, and a lot of other pro-pot-money jerks won't join in the fiasco?

Of course they will. You watch. But, I don't think it will pass.

I'm not a huge fan of the German style Beer thanks to the purity laws from centuries ago but I do plan to take a trip to Cincinnati to try out the new Christian Moerlein microbrew.

WSS

Be sure to check out Rhinegeist while you're here. Great beer and a really cool building. Taft's Alehouse is also a great choice. Good beer even better food

Almost all good pot is now grown inside. A small tiny room can produce thousands of $ per month and at a much faster rate(4x) then outside. Nobody grows pot in fields anymore except hillbillies.

Vaping and oils are the new thing and both are smokeless and harmless to anybody but the user. On a bus or in a bar. nobody would be bothered or even know it was happening. The wave of the future.

And Woody Ive never even heard of anyone who's not gotten drunk even once. I almost cant believe it.

That sounds good to you, but it is a problem.

#1 - THINK about this can of worms. You are a landlord. You rent a house or apartment. and the tenant

grows marijuana in it. That's very bad. Your house will never be the same, and try to collect damages

for a damp, moldy basement.

http://landlordrescue.ca/landlords-marijuana/

#2 - anybody who has a well will have to wonder where their water went, in places where water is scarce.

It takes a lot of water to water all those plants - and the growers will steal it. They certainly aren't going to

buy water, or raise their city water bill.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/03/01/illegal-pot-grows-adding-to-californias-water-woes/

You really don't want to legalize pot. You have to figure out the can of worms behind the happy pot face.

http://www.forensic-applications.com/marijuana/growops.html

Also,

there will be more crime - it takes money to grow indoors. Don't vote to legalize pot

just because it sounds like a "hoot"....

http://www.cracked.com/article_19609_5-horrible-things-nobody-tells-you-about-legally-growing-pot.html

Just a note, growing weed in the basement doesn't take up a whole room and has no more effect on the property then houseplants.

Properly cultivated you should be able to get a pound of weed, good stuff, from one plant in a space of about 5 or 6 square feet. And I think the going rate for good stuff is near $300 an ounce. Correct me weed heads.

WSS

Actually, Steve - that can't be true. Thousands of houseplants?

Let me tell you - we grew about 680 tomato plants in our guest bedroom,

which we made into a temp greenhouse over the winter.

It gets freaking damp in there. We had to run a dehumidifier to protect the dressers.

That means we had to water more often. And, I doubt that pot growers never smoke it...

And our plants were small - think about how big those pot plants grow - they don't get transplanted,

I suppose...

It's a disaster. On dark days, we used full spectrum shop lights. Read the articles, man - it's a clusterfook

if issue 3 passes.

and, God help ya if you rent to pot growers, and you pay the utilities. The landlord will stop

paying those outrageous utilities fast - unless they have a contract. It's a freaking

can of worms.

Actually my friend I've seen it done. One big bag of potting soil sitting on a plastic sheet on the ground. A grow light mounted on a motorized pulley to allow it to cross the garage (or basement or whatever) ceiling at intervals imitating that of sunlight. A couple small fans to create a slight breeze to keep the plants sturdy and strong as they grow. One of those could yield up to a pound.

There are also hydroponic devices you can purchase that will easily fit inside a closet and grow a nice big marijuana plant.

Remember we aren't really talking the cartel, just enough that some guy can make a few extra bucks and still have as much pot as he can smoke. Well except for a couple guys I know...

;)

WSS

Actually my friend I've seen it done.

; )

WSS

Me too. Many times. Like you said 1 plant can yield about a pound in 3 months. A pound of top grade is $4000 or so. In smaller amounts it is much much more. You can grow 5 plants in a 5x5 closet without soil or moisture problems and using only one light. So that comes to $20k every 3 months which is $80K a year. From one tiny little space. The stores in Colorado are charging $50 or more for a single gram. Hash and oils are even more. It is very very lucrative and very easy to do. And very easy to hide.

But if you grow it in a field, it takes a whole season to grow and it isnt as good because conditions are not ideal like inside.

HA

And drinking now and then for that reason makes sense. It's just a "hobby" almost. Trying different styles and flavors.

Drinking piss beer to get drunk, make poor decisions and affect your health... Don't need it

Cal, your arguments against weed seem to boil down to two categories

1) Arguing against things no one said would be legal (smoking weed at a football game)

2) Arguing against issues that already exist regardless of weed being legal. Tenants can ruin apartments with mold regardless.

The benefits are very real though. Less stress on prisons, increased tax revenue, safer drugs, etc.

Cal, your arguments against weed seem to boil down to two categories

I think he might be jealous. He grows tomatoes right? 1 pound of tomatoes = $2.00 and takes a lot longer to grow.

All the billions of TAX dollars spent fighting pot wars and housing the criminals. I think most people would welcome it.

To grow pot legally if this passes, you will have to get a license from the State of Ohio, I'm sure there will be many rules and regulations pertaining to where and how much you are permitted to grow it.

Of course, but as easy as it is to grow at home combined with the fact that it's now legal to possess will make home production inevitable. I can make beer and whiskey but not anywhere near the amount or quality available in retail outlets.

WSS

To grow pot legally if this passes, you will have to get a license from the State of Ohio, I'm sure there will be many rules and regulations pertaining to where and how much you are permitted to grow it.

They are going to allow home growers upto 5 plants for personal use only. It still be illegal to sell any.

Of course, but as easy as it is to grow at home combined with the fact that it's now legal to possess will make home production inevitable. I can make beer and whiskey but not anywhere near the amount or quality available in retail outlets.

Exactly. A home grower can produce top top quality and ,more then any person could ever smoke alone. So it will be like having a free tap of the best beer on the planet for free forever

I don't really give a fuck what people on here think of me either way, lol. I don't larp, believe that or don't. Whatever.

oh I believe you, i'm just sayin...you need to polish your politico statements of denial. It's kind of like "heck no i'm not gay, but man this gay guy at my gym he's so buff and dreamy.. jus sayin". :lol:

Archived