THE BROWNS BOARD

Another wrinkle in the cannabis legalization debate

jbluhm86

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it doesn't seem all that bad. I have never participated in one but it seems that those renaissance festivals would be a little bit of fun.

WSS

well now "larping" is totally different than what you're thinking about. I know guys that participate in medieval reenactments but are actually doing real professional sword combat. There's a group of guys that play with blunted steel and, obviously, full steel armor. The guys that I know fight with wooden rattan weapons lined with aluminum sheeting to look real. There's still a mandatory ambulance on standby at every event. The medieval festivals surrounding those events I would be might be fun.

well now "larping" is totally different than what you're thinking about. I know guys that participate in medieval reenactments but are actually doing real professional sword combat. There's a group of guys that play with blunted steel and, obviously, full steel armor. The guys that I know fight with wooden rattan weapons lined with aluminum sheeting to look real. There's still a mandatory ambulance on standby at every event. The medieval festivals surrounding those events I would be might be fun.

Actually I was thinking about the guys walking around and trust you and putting on the musical performances in character.

Which proposal, 2 or 3?

And for plants should be more than enough so all the Communists can stop crying over big corporations making a profit.

WSS

Why is it "communist" to want this be handed over to the "true" free market? Isn't it crony capitalist to say only big pharmaceutical companies can come in and sell you weed? Which is exactly what a lot of those companies would pinch themselves over if they could achieve that. And that of course would ruin everything as big corporations tend to do.

Why is it "communist" to want this be handed over to the "true" free market?

You prefer the term anarchists?

If you can grow four plants that should, with the proper cultivation, give you many pounds of good quality weed that will keep you fucked up 24/7 the entire year.

Go ahead comrade come vote it down.

Then you can cry because it will now be regulated like morphine.

WSS

Which proposal, 2 or 3?

And for plants should be more than enough so all the Communists can stop crying over big corporations making a profit.

WSS

I think it's anti-communist to cry about it, personally.

Free market, opportunity for all, all that stuff.

Say I owned 10 acres of land and thought - hey I can start a business growing, legally and follow all the rules. Etc, etc. Can't do that with issue 3 because issue 3 is anti-free market.

I think it's anti-communist to cry about it, personally.

Free market, opportunity for all, all that stuff.

Say I owned 10 acres of land and thought - hey I can start a business growing, legally and follow all the rules. Etc, etc. Can't do that with issue 3 because issue 3 is anti-free market.

Again if it's true that every pothead can grow four plants which will yield pounds and pounds of weed what's the problem?

WSS

peeps is always about the free market till their not huh west side? Look I personally wouldnt' have much issue with this cause I don't forsee myself wanting to start a weed farm. That being said, there's plenty of people that would....but if the law starts out favoring the big boys, it will stay that way cause they will spend the money to ensure it does. How do you carry this kind of cognitive dissonance across the spectrum of your beliefs? This is exactly the kind of govt shit you and cal are "constantly" day after day after day going on and on and on about....oh and it's all Obama's fault can't forget to add that at the end.

Again if it's true that every pothead can grow four plants which will yield pounds and pounds of weed what's the problem?

WSS

Anybody with the means to start a business growing commercially should be allowed to, under whatever necessary regulations/licenses/inspections.

It's like saying "You can grow your own tomatos, but you can't sell them or make any money off of them - because only these 10 people are allowed to." The responsible ohio losers are going to fail. Ohioans want marijuana to be legalized, but they managed to screw it up so badly people would rather not legalize marijuana.

Look kids if it means that much to you to make sure corporations get punished vote it down.

But make no mistake, weed is different than a tomato patch. Weed is a drug probably as or more active than tha prescription painkillers. Maybe, like the proponents say, eventually they will issue licenses to a lot more people to produce and sell pot.

But if you are waiting for a bill that says anybody can grow and sell a reasonably potent drug I think you're dreaming.

WSS

Look kids if it means that much to you to make sure corporations get punished vote it down.

But make no mistake, weed is different than a tomato patch. Weed is a drug probably as or more active than tha prescription painkillers. Maybe, like the proponents say, eventually they will issue licenses to a lot more people to produce and sell pot.

But if you are waiting for a bill that says anybody can grow and sell a reasonably potent drug I think you're dreaming.

WSS

With a reasonable permit+license+training whatever is needed, people should be able to .

It's like that Daraprim that's price was raised 5000% - and it was a problem because there were no alternatives. Since the price was raised, another company came along and produced a generic version @ $1/pill - free market makes it more competitive while providing new opportunities.

I mean I'd like to see a 60 year old retiree be able to grow for profit on his 10 acre lot. Marijuana should not go the path of Big Pharma.

With a reasonable permit+license+training whatever is needed, people should be able to .

It's like that Daraprim that's price was raised 5000% - and it was a problem because there were no alternatives. Since the price was raised, another company came along and produced a generic version @ $1/pill - free market makes it more competitive while providing new opportunities.

I mean I'd like to see a 60 year old retiree be able to grow for profit on his 10 acre lot. Marijuana should not go the path of Big Pharma.

Unfortunately the proponents forced themselves into a corner on that issue. On one hand they insist that it's harmless fun anyone should be able to smoke whenever they want. On the other hand try to get it in the back door of medical marijuana they insist so wonder drug that will cure all your ills. And if it is a wonder drug no reason it shouldn't be supervised as strictly as a oxycontin.

As far as microbrew licensing I'm pretty familiar with that since we've been looking into opening one up. The microbrew law was recently the back door way into getting a liquor license in two areas that had previously forbidden them. You can buy in Akron d5 license probably for 10 grand.

The microbrew license is around 5000 but the kicker is there's an add on licence if you want to sell it which is another 5 grand. Sounds the same right? Nope. You have to pay for that microbrew license every year so that's a big chunk out of whatever profits you plan to make.

I'm guessing we will be a hell of a lot easier to produce and cost a whole lot more to buy.

I'd imagine if Cal was getting $70,000 a pound for tomatoes we'd all be sitting in his loge for every home Browns game.

;)

WSS

Not so much, I am friends who are pot smoking hippies who are not for this thing what so ever, I don't smoke myself and to be honest only have 4 times my life. But even these friends of mine are smart enough to read the whole thing in detail and know the bullshit it carries. We are all Republicans for the most part and all in our mid 30's and none of us sponge off the Government.

As far as microbrew licensing I'm pretty familiar with that since we've been looking into opening one up. WS

Oooh, does that mean we should grow some barley? or is it hops?

I'm not a huge fan of the German style Beer thanks to the purity laws from centuries ago but I do plan to take a trip to Cincinnati to try out the new Christian Moerlein microbrew.

WSS

Cincy is around my neck of the woods. Christian Moerlein is pretty good, and they have their own brewhaus restaurant down in the Banks. It's a shame that you're not big on German style beers, because Hofbrauhaus has a brewhaus/german cuisine franchise right across the river in Newport on the Levee, KY. I highly recommend it.

Cincy is around my neck of the woods. Christian Moerlein is pretty good, and they have their own brewhaus restaurant down in the Banks. It's a shame that you're not big on German style beers, because Hofbrauhaus has a brewhaus/german cuisine franchise right across the river in Newport on the Levee, KY. I highly recommend it.

We have a hofbrauhaus here in Cleveland now.

It's really good, but it's more about the environment. Their beer is good but not really one of the premier German brews. Though, my favorite there is probably the dunkelweizen mix.

Archived