THE BROWNS BOARD

How to fix this team...

lodilobo

The players have quit...the coaches are terrible. This is a complete joke. Here's how you fix it over the next few seasons: Fire Farmer at the bye, hire Kosar as the GM, then fire all the coaches except maybe the O.C. at season's end. Then...let Kosar find the new Coach...he still has good influence in the NFL. This is as simple a solution as there could be. Why wouldn't this be the move to make?...and why wouldn't Haslam do it? He's holding out for Peyton Manning? That's not happening. To Jimmy Haslam: no need to thank me. Email me here to get the address of where to send the consultation fee.

Here is an article about the Browns defense. Is it too complicated?

Browns defense too complicated for players?

Josh Edwards - Oct 23, 10:03 PM 1

The Cleveland Browns have the worst run defense in the NFL this season. When you hear the coaches and players talk during media availability, it sounds as if no one knows why the unit is struggling. A recent article from Kevin Jones at SportsIllustrated sheds some light on the situation.

Recently, a number of players have told me what they believe is the main impetus behind the continual running-back beatings: The Browns have issues with gap integrity—football speak for jamming the holes between the offensive linemen—at all.

Rather than being assigned specific gaps, Cleveland's defensive linemen play different techniques based on how their offensive counterparts are blocking them. The linebackers, then, are expected to guess what technique their teammates are using, scrape through the resulting mess and make the play. Opposing offenses have identified this flaw on film and are repeatedly, week-after-week, gashing the edge of Cleveland’s defense. It’s a completely chaotic approach to stopping the run, and players have said—off the record—they're spending way too much time thinking, and not nearly enough time reacting.

There are a few ways of looking at the quote above. If you take it at face value, you realize that the scheme may be too complicated for the players to execute. However, the Buffalo Bills had one of the league's best defense when head coach Mike Pettine was coaching the defense. Who is at fault? What is the issue?

If the players are struggling to gain the concept, then why must it be released to the media for anything to be corrected? Why can't there be a dialogue between the players and coaches to correct the matter in-house? It is an odd situation. In terms of the Browns, odd seems to be the norm over the years

http://www.si.com/thecauldron/2015/10/21/mike-pettine-cleveland-browns-defense-problems-afc-north

Author

Come on man. Kosar can't get sober enough for a short TV interview. I personally believe we need to dump Farmer. Then we need one good but WR and several hungry mean ass linebackers. It appears as though we need to replace our departed OL coach as well. We could use an elite QB, as could half the teams in the NFL.

Im not saying make him the head coach or anything like that. But I think the guy could be helpful in the office in some capacity. Is he a drunk? Hell I don't know what he is. I'm not following Bernie Kosar around all day. But the guy knows football and apparently nobody that the browns hire in any capacity is familiar with the game.

Im not saying make him the head coach or anything like that. But I think the guy could be helpful in the office in some capacity. Is he a drunk? Hell I don't know what he is. I'm not following Bernie Kosar around all day. But the guy knows football and apparently nobody that the browns hire in any capacity is familiar with the game.

This is my point...he knows football. These losers that we've had in here for the last 20 years only know how to collect a pay check. I just look at the situation in Denver, and think...Kosar is a hell of a lot smarter than Elway. Of course...Kosar is not head coach material, but he knows the game, what works and what doesn't. He probably knows how to pick talented players. How could this possibly be any worse than what we've had? There really is no connection to the old Browns who were respected and were a fair bet on any Sunday. Sure...it's fashionable with you younger guys to call Kosar a drunk, and make fun of him. He may be a drunk....I don't know. But, if you're 35 or younger, you really don't have a clue about what a winning football team in Cleveland is like. Good idea....let's keep hiring the Chris Palmers, Romeo Crennels, and Mike Pettines, keep them for a year or two, then fire them and let our geniuses in the front office, pick another handful of washed up losers. Great idea!

The players have quit...the coaches are terrible. This is a complete joke. Here's how you fix it over the next few seasons: Fire Farmer at the bye, hire Kosar as the GM, then fire all the coaches except maybe the O.C. at season's end. Then...let Kosar find the new Coach...he still has good influence in the NFL. This is as simple a solution as there could be. Why wouldn't this be the move to make?...and why wouldn't Haslam do it? He's holding out for Peyton Manning? That's not happening. To Jimmy Haslam: no need to thank me. Email me here to get the address of where to send the consultation fee.

i agree with the getting rid of the gm...but hiring bernie..i don't know about that. I heard he wasn't doing well.

I saw Kosar last night on channel 19, and he was excellent -

lucid, talkative, and didn't slur anything.

If you've ever heard from him, how many bones and times they were broken,

that he broke playing football....

I can see him needing pain killers...

There's one thing about Kosar - he said on the show, that it bothers him a lot, that the players

were laughing and stuff after the loss.

He said he hated losing, and he cared way too much to be joking around after losing a game.

The Browns need more guys like that.

Sat behind the Browns bench two seasons ago when they got embarrassed by the steelers and you would have thought they were about to win the super bowl.

Bottom line is they are getting their pay checks whether they win or lose by 100.

If I were haslam I would start pulling a Jerry and bring my happy ass out onto the field and start putting feet in the asses I pay millions to.

This is fucking hilarious.

Sat behind the Browns bench two seasons ago when they got embarrassed by the steelers and you would have thought they were about to win the super bowl.

Bottom line is they are getting their pay checks whether they win or lose by 100.

If I were haslam I would start pulling a Jerry and bring my happy ass out onto the field and start putting feet in the asses I pay millions to.

why should he. He's getting millions himself from the poor ass mopes who attend these games thinking something is going to change at any moment.

I had to stop at, "HIre Kosar as GM".

Sounds like you should be named lobotomy

Yeah...that's right....let's keep hiring the same dumbass morons we've been seeing here for the last 20 years. Chicken John....you should consider a lobotomy...but I think you actually need a brain to start with.

Ya know how we fix this team? Stop playing nice. Go after every single player who has dropped value because of off the field issues. Draft the Mathieu's, Burficts, DGBs, Bryants, and Collins. Sign the Hardys, Incognitos, and Smiths. This choir boy bullshit is not doing a team that has trouble drawing talent any good. These kinda guys would bring a nastiness and attitude this team is lacking. Besides, once these guys get in trouble and have their money threatened, they seem to get their head on straight for the most part. Go draft Shawn Oakman.

Ya know how we fix this team? Stop playing nice. Go after every single player who has dropped value because of off the field issues. Draft the Mathieu's, Burficts, DGBs, Bryants, and Collins. Sign the Hardys, Incognitos, and Smiths. This choir boy bullshit is not doing a team that has trouble drawing talent any good. These kinda guys would bring a nastiness and attitude this team is lacking. Besides, once these guys get in trouble and have their money threatened, they seem to get their head on straight for the most part. Go draft Shawn Oakman.

This would be a good start. And Shawn Oakman is a fag.

Yeah...that's right....let's keep hiring the same dumbass morons we've been seeing here for the last 20 years. Chicken John....you should consider a lobotomy...but I think you actually need a brain to start with.

I am sure that when each GM or HC was hired by the Browns that the heirarchy didn't say to themselves "this guy is a moron that won't be able to think straight....so let me hire him". I am sure they thought they were getting the best they could get.

It just hasn't worked out that way.

So....if you are able to distinguish between who the dumbass morons are and those who are not, I am sure they would welcome your advice.

Its kinda like identifying and categorizing patrons of this board, you know.

Archived