THE BROWNS BOARD

WEED

sisky fringo

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would not have HAD to buy anything. You could have grown your own. For those who mostly drink and would like to switch it up a few nights a month, this issue 3 would have been perfect. For those that are tired of giving away their hard earned cash for basic pain relief and stress relief, able to grow their own supply and not worry about the law, this bill would have been great.

In Ohio right now it's completely illegal. The State cannot do any research on it because Federal won't allow it. There is 0 infrastructure here for the precise growing/cultivation that needs to be done for medical reasons. Medical testing facilities are not going to be cheap. All the benefits that come from legalization are too numerous to list.

Legalization for recreation would be a huge step for Ohio. But what I'm far more concerned with and eager for is the Hemp Industrial Applications. Man, there are so many things that can be done with it. Hempcrete, bio-fuels, textiles, clothing, rope and many other things can start to be created and harvested besides the medicine.

That is the part of the bill that I had trouble with. I want any farmer that wants to grow this to be able to do so. Hemp has been instrumental in the forming of this country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakzRI8-hl4

Quit acting like everyone that wants Marijuana legalized is just because they want to get high. There are more important things in this life than getting high or making money. It's about freedom from oppression. Educate yourselves before you jump at stereotypes.

Oh bullshit. Bullshit. I call shenanigans. The number one through 20 reasons people want it legalized is to get high. Even it's supposed medical benefits are side effects of getting high. This horseshit hemp argument is crap. There's alternatives to hemp in every case.

http://www.hemp-guide.com/benefits-of-hemp.html

What are the benefits of hemp for you?

More importantly, what are the benefits of hemp for your children, grandchildren and generations to come? To put it simply, a thriving planet for the future.

Hemp provides a wide-range of outlets to make better use of the Earth's resources. The power the plant possesses is one of the best-kept secrets regarding extreme usefulness, versatility and ease. In a society where promoting the protection of the Earth's natural resources, many are unaware that such a natural gem with a distinctive, renewable sparkle exists.

Unfortunately, the absence in public response and ignorance is facilitated by a lack of knowledge that prevents the rest of the world from recognizing its shine. The benefits of hemp are so intense that it has led many to believe that the plant has the capacity to reverse the Greenhouse Effect; as well as aid in purifying the air, water, and soil.

Save Planet

Not only does the plant offer an assortment of physical, industrial and economical benefits, but hemp also provides advantages in nutrition, farming and even body care.

Save Trees: A worldwide switch to hemp plant paper could do wonders for the Earth. The planet smiles upon the hemp plant, which allows near-extinct species to no longer worry about losing their natural habitat. Additionally, hemp paper is much easier to make, costs less to generate and lasts much longer.

A hemp pulp paper process (much like the procedures used in 1916) can replace the current production means of manufactured corrugated boxes, computer paper, and paper bags. The fiber produced in hemp is also four times more than the fiber that comes from pine trees.

The destruction of trees may decrease when paper manufactures turn to hemp for their fibers. Hemp paper also provides the recycling capacity of up to seven rotations. Pine-pulp base papers are only good for three.

Deforestation

Benefits of hemp farming: As a natural fiber, hemp is known as one of the longest, strongest, and most durable of the bunch. It is also one of the safest natural resources to maintain, as cultivation methods require no ecologically damaging chemicals, herbicides, or pesticides. Farmers may find a wealth of opportunities by embracing hemp plants, which fits right in with the rotation of other crops, including corn.

Since hemp is easy to grow through a process that in fact strengthens surrounding soil, the plant is a clear friend of the planet. Many also believe the hemp plant could produce a biomass for fuel that would burn cleaner than other well-known ethanol selections.

-----

There ya go Cisco. There are plenty of uses for this wonderful plant however one must first OPEN THEIR EYES to see.

So, it's okay to grow it, as long as it is illegal to smoke it?

A lot like "oh, vote for issue three, think of the poor children who have diseases that need it...."

liars. We will never grow it under any circumstances.

But if legalized in any state, there will be serious problems to the environment,

a lot of trespassing, and tresspass growing.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/marijuana-weed-pot-farming-environmental-impacts

It's just another $$$ scheme, for liberal fools on the left, that want

immediate satisfaction = stoned.

Goofs like Chris, Pog, etc.... are just putting lipstick on a pig.

Who knows where the woodpecker would put his pot.....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/10/opinion/sabet-colorado-marijuana/index.html

Okay, that's fine you two. How about this- Alcohol is ILLEGAL, you are not allowed to drink it, use it as antiseptic or for any other thing. You are strictly forbidden, for no other reason than I say so. How do you feel about that drunkards?

So, it's okay to grow it, as long as it is illegal to smoke it?

A lot like "oh, vote for issue three, think of the poor children who have diseases that need it...."

liars. We will never grow it under any circumstances.

But if legalized in any state, there will be serious problems to the environment,

a lot of trespassing, and tresspass growing.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/marijuana-weed-pot-farming-environmental-impacts

I have already had to deal with illegal pot growers and meth makers on the property of some of my friends. I don't think legal or not legal is much of a concern if someone is willing to trespass on your property to grow it.

Again if alcohol had just been invented I think it would face stiff opposition from the FDA for legalization. Same with cigarettes. So what? Look dude plenty of people think it's up to you if you want to catch a buzz. I don't personally think you need to embarrass yourself pretending it's a wonder drug or that hemp is going to change the world. Just a matter personal freedom on my end.

WSS

I'm not embarrassing myself bro. It's the lemmings that are embarrassing themselves. Educate yourself, get your head out of the sand and into the clouds. But, most won't and it's because of pride, they can't admit they are wrong, they can't believe that their good ol' uncle Sam would lie to them, they blindly spew garbage and hatred without any knowledge or insight on the matter. Well, it's time to grow up. Quit acting like a stubborn two year old and learn something.

For those with an open mind that are still willing to debate with something other than stereotypical mindless drivel.

Btw, you are prohibited from having an opinion that matters to me if you fail to watch the video... whether or not you watch the other 2 parts is up to you.

Btw, you are prohibited from having an opinion that matters to me if you fail to watch the video... whether or not you watch the other 2 parts is up to you.

Oh okay. I'll watch it and it better not be more than 16 or 20 hours long.

(like guys that insist everybody read some fucking book on some miniscule political point)

WSS

Again if alcohol had just been invented I think it would face stiff opposition from the FDA for legalization. Same with cigarettes. So what? Look dude plenty of people think it's up to you if you want to catch a buzz. I don't personally think you need to embarrass yourself pretending it's a wonder drug or that hemp is going to change the world. Just a matter personal freedom on my end.

WSS

Not to mention societal cost. We won't truly know the cost of legalization until it's done but we do know what the "war on drugs" has cost us as well as the incarceration costs.

While we are at it, let's legalize prostitution as well. Again it doesn't get the positive publicity of marijuana but isn't everyone a bit a happier after getting laid.

Not to mention societal cost. We won't truly know the cost of legalization until it's done but we do know what the "war on drugs" has cost us as well as the incarceration costs.

While we are at it, let's legalize prostitution as well. Again it doesn't get the positive publicity of marijuana but isn't everyone a bit a happier after getting laid.

Yeah, well not all that many married men could actively support it. Just saying...

I think there are detriments to society from alcohol and probably will be with weed. They are just different problems.

That being said lack of exercise, texting while driving, sitting around all day playing video games, technology replacing the human worker, crazy assholes in the Middle East and here... Lots of bad shit to worry about.

WSS

I have already had to deal with illegal pot growers and meth makers on the property of some of my friends. I don't think legal or not legal is much of a concern if someone is willing to trespass on your property to grow it. Logic

Not surprised - but those illegal growers ... were dealing with the threat

of being imprisoned with criminal trespassing, and the felony of growing.

Wait til it's legal...and growing on someone elses property isn't a felony at all.

The problem will skyrocket, I think. More like opening pandora's box if it is

make legal.....

I have already had to deal with illegal pot growers and meth makers on the property of some of my friends. I don't think legal or not legal is much of a concern if someone is willing to trespass on your property to grow it. Logic

Not surprised - but those illegal growers ... were dealing with the threat

of being imprisoned with criminal trespassing, and the felony of growing.

Wait til it's legal...and growing on someone elses property isn't a felony at all.

The problem will skyrocket, I think. More like opening pandora's box if it is

make legal.....

So can someone come on to your property and grow Corn? Isn't that a felony? If you grow something on my property without my knowledge or permission, that ought to be a serious offense no matter what you grow. My land is my land. Say a farmer wanted to "rest" his land for a couple seasons, somethign they're realizing is more and more important. Say some asshole decided that they were gonna grow corn or soybean on the land that i wanted to rest that year. For one, that shit would immediately get tilled back in but two, i shoudl be able to press some pretty substantial charges. Ironically, planting hemp would actually be beneficial to that land you wanted to rest. I forget what they call a crop that renourishes soil but Hemp is one of em, you till that shit back into the soil and it brings back bad land within a couple years if what I read sometime back is correct. Viuli (sp?) shrub is another one, they make rubber out of that shit.

Not even close to having a good point, Cleve.

"trespassing" is a misdemeanor sp?...and growing pot is a felony of whatever degree...

so, it would be criminal trespassing.

http://www.columbuscriminaldefenseattorney.com/marijuana-cultivation/

It would be awesome if one or two ears of corn were worth

a pot plant.

A whole bushel of corn, per the Nov 5th issue of Farm and Dairy newspaper/mag...

is worth $3.68, depending on which grain buyer you sold to. A whole bushel of

soybeans is worth $8.60. That's low. That's a LOT of corn kernels and soybeans..

for a bushel.

One ten foot tall pot plant is worth... about $4000.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=200580

Consider: (from answers.com)

How many soybeans are there in a bushel?

At approximately 3,000 per pound, 1 bushel (60 lb) would be 180,000 soybeans. At approximately 2,500 per pound (a planting size), there would be 150,000 soybeans per bushel. (MORE)

Now, at best, with the soybean plant fully developed... one plant yields about a max 55? beans. There are 180,000

beans in a bushel that is worth $8.60.

Divide 180,000 by 55, and you get how many plants, albeit -roughly-.. to make a bushel. Then divide $8.60 by

how many plants, and you get the $ per plant. More correctly, you will get "cents" per plant.

and ONE pot plant, 10' tall, is worth about 4 grand? Now, for arguments' sake, let's figure those plants

are only grown 5' tall to be less conspicuous. That is still roughly $2000.

See the problem? If legal, it will open up a pandora's box of anybody who wants to make a lot of money.

For all those not allowed to grow it where their apt/house is...

anybody's property will do. And it won't even be a criminal tresspass conviction anymore.

Why would anybody have to sneak onto your land to grow anything when they could just grow it in their own yard? If someone really wanted to do it right they would do it in their house under controlled conditions without the threat of the law taking everything they own. People most likely use other people's land because the threat to their freedom and it's harder to trace it back to them.

Your great zeal against marijuana either stems from years of brainwashing by the government or maybe personal experience where what you were dealing with was not strictly marijuana, probably laced with something else...

Why would anybody have to sneak onto your land to grow anything when they could just grow it in their own yard? If someone really wanted to do it right they would do it in their house under controlled conditions without the threat of the law taking everything they own.

Baloney. You know how expensive the lights are to purchase, and run for hours every day? Their electric bill

would be huge. And, in their house, they may be renting, and not be able to grow it/allowed to grow it.

Maybe they don't grow it because of theft/danger to their family. Ever heard of cartel wars? They are fighting for

control of distribution. But their family would be safe if they just grow it somewhere else.

People most likely use other people's land because the threat to their freedom and it's harder to trace it back to them.

You just disagreed with your own point.

Your great zeal against marijuana either stems from years of brainwashing by the government or maybe personal experience where what you were dealing with was not strictly marijuana, probably laced with something else...

Baloney. My zeal against it is because we have enough problems already. Look at the problems in California.

If you are going to argue, at least read up and know what you are talking about. Right now, you are emotionally

knee jerking over wanting it to be legal, and sold by anybody who wants to.

When private growers and sellers start getting murdered by others to control distribution...you heard it here first.

Just like issue 3 - it's a greed and personal satisfaction thing with you and others...regardless of the

reality of the problems it would bring in serious degrees to our state.

Liberal selfish has already cost our country dearly - why make it worse?

Liberals never admit they are wrong, they just regret not being able to do more of what wrong

they are already doing.

Also I watched that video. Kind of lame if you ask me. Especially the hippie music soundtrack. Seems like those third world shit holes that grow it would be a paradise with all the money it should be raking in. But you can make clothes out of ragweed if you want to.

And I have seen hemp cloth which doesn't seem very nice to touch. Maybe with some refining? And I've eaten various types of hemp food from festivals with a hemp booth.

Fucking horrible but like I said possibly more refining would help.

But of course there's no reason for it to be illegal. Fair enough?

WSS

I guess I just fail to see why the monetary value of what someone would grow on your property matters. I don't care if it's a hemp plant, a singular stalk of corn....or a fucking daisy. It's my property, you can't just roll onto someone's property and plant whatever strikes your fancy.

and Cal, people are going to grow indoors. They hydroponic industry is light years ahead of you. Infact, people who grow for rec purpose's are going to go the the hydro route as it's easier. You don't actually have to know that much about what you're doing. They make indoor growing kits for marijuana, replete with all the various artificial fertilizers which give those differences in "highs" that rec users are so adamant about chasing after. Outdoor grown marijuana is actually not that easy to come by

Not even close to having a good point, Cleve.

"trespassing" is a misdemeanor sp?...and growing pot is a felony of whatever degree...

so, it would be criminal trespassing.

http://www.columbuscriminaldefenseattorney.com/marijuana-cultivation/

It would be awesome if one or two ears of corn were worth

a pot plant.

A whole bushel of corn, per the Nov 5th issue of Farm and Dairy newspaper/mag...

is worth $3.68, depending on which grain buyer you sold to. A whole bushel of

soybeans is worth $8.60. That's low. That's a LOT of corn kernels and soybeans..

for a bushel.

One ten foot tall pot plant is worth... about $4000.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=200580

Consider: (from answers.com)

How many soybeans are there in a bushel?

At approximately 3,000 per pound, 1 bushel (60 lb) would be 180,000 soybeans. At approximately 2,500 per pound (a planting size), there would be 150,000 soybeans per bushel. (MORE)

Now, at best, with the soybean plant fully developed... one plant yields about a max 55? beans. There are 180,000

beans in a bushel that is worth $8.60.

Divide 180,000 by 55, and you get how many plants, albeit -roughly-.. to make a bushel. Then divide $8.60 by

how many plants, and you get the $ per plant. More correctly, you will get "cents" per plant.

and ONE pot plant, 10' tall, is worth about 4 grand? Now, for arguments' sake, let's figure those plants

are only grown 5' tall to be less conspicuous. That is still roughly $2000.

See the problem? If legal, it will open up a pandora's box of anybody who wants to make a lot of money.

For all those not allowed to grow it where their apt/house is...

anybody's property will do. And it won't even be a criminal tresspass conviction anymore.

Just like issue 3 - it's a greed and personal satisfaction thing with you and others...regardless of the

reality of the problems it would bring in serious degrees to our state.

Really revving up the ignorant train today huh Cal? You wouldn't be talking about problems like...oh I dunno....Heroin right? A problem that Ohio is now ranked as one of the top in the country for. And it's kids in HS. They addicted to painkillers and now the Heroin pushers are offering basically the same thing but cheaper. And yet Marijuana is illegal in OH. So how did this heroin problem creep into our state?

A. issue 3 was ON THE BALLOT.

B. Pot IS THE SUBJECT, because POT is involved with ISSUE 3.

C. How the hell do you think you win, by changing the

subject to heroin? Do you think that heroin is on the ballot?

Or was on the ballot? You high or something?

Do.......................we.............................need..............................to.........................slow.................................down............for ........you...?

A. issue 3 was ON THE BALLOT.

B. Pot IS THE SUBJECT, because POT is involved with ISSUE 3.

C. How the hell do you think you win, by changing the

subject to heroin? Do you think that heroin is on the ballot?

Or was on the ballot? You high or something?

Do.......................we.............................need..............................to.........................slow.................................down............for ........you...?

You made the statement about all the problems weed would bring to our state, or has it already slipped your mind what you posted despite me referencing said post. There are no "extra" problems that legalizing marijuana would bring us.

If I did say that I didn't mean to say it. I hate that Bill. Weed and Hemp should be able to grow it just like sunflowers. Just like corn or wheat. I hate that it only allows those few to largely profit, but make no mistake- many others would also profit. I was just trying to say that there are some benefits worthy of a yes vote.

It was far from perfect, but once the dogs were called off, so to speak, then real discussions and ideas could have been discussed. As it stands now, they still treat the minority as stereotypes or criminals. The criminal aspect that is used for control and as a cheap scapegoat for the law to strip citizens of their God given rights, to grow or do as they would like without the government taking away their choice in life.

It's no different than discrimination. It is a creed to me, my belief in God, and I believe that he's made this plant for human-beings to use.

Look PG, we're going to get a more reasonable Colorado-Alaska style bill, probably next year. You want to grow on a commercial scale, you'll have to apply for a permit- just like tobacco growers have to now. Marijuana may be a "plant" but there's limits to that argument. Opium poppies are a plant & they have really pretty flowers- wish I had a garden full of 'em (LOL, I could cut out the pharmaceutical companies and make my own morphine for use the next time someone in the family breaks a leg), peyote cacti are plants- and though not technically "plants" so are psylocybin mushrooms. Ergo, if you want to posit it's OK to grow your plant of choice, why should I be prohibited from growing those? They've been around for thousands of years too. Hmmmm?

Yeah- those that use pot as a recreational high are few and far between who will admit, as with alcohol, there's societal costs involved. I think it's pretty safe to say the heavy stoners lose motivation to do much. Mixing pot and driving is a pretty bad idea- I think most state troopers would agree.

What I have issues with is the current heroin epidemic that's going on. I truly don't understand why anyone would want to try the stuff in the first place. You have to be living on another planet to not realize how addictive it is. I had it offered to me once way back when, and I not only walked- I ran in the other direction- like I gotta get the hell outta here right now.

Add in- the clandestine guys are passing off fentanyl (50X more potent) as heroin- it's the reason we're seeing addicts in the obits on a daily basis.

Archived