THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns shopping Thomas, Mack and Kruger!

letsgojackets

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mingo, Kruger and Mack?.......not surprised(and wouldnt mind).....overpaid and under performing right now....though Id wonder who will play OLB if we cut one of those loose....

Of course, Thomas surprises the hell out of me.....I bet they are not "shopping" him, but its more of a "anyones on the table if the price is right" kinda thing.....

why target OL as a need in the first, then offer 2 OL up for trade?.....doesnt really make sense.....but then again....

I can't see anyone trading for Mack. He will be unrestricted next year, so renting a center for half a year doesn't seem wise. Now if he was a top WR I could see someone wanting that for half a year

Of course Farmer would have to lose his allergy to top WR's for us to even have one

I can't see anyone trading for Mack. He will be unrestricted next year, so renting a center for half a year doesn't seem wise. Now if he was a top WR I could see someone wanting that for half a year

Of course Farmer would have to lose his allergy to top WR's for us to even have one

This seems to make the most sense to me as well. I can't see an OL being traded at mid season. I've never played it but everyone always talks about how much the line needs to gel and work together. Bringing someone new into the mix would seem to take some time. WR could learn the playbook fast and make an impact, same with some of the defense guys but I think OL is different.

He can agree to a trade though....and I think he might.....depends on where.....but anyone trading for a high dollar player mid season probably has playoff aspirations.....which would be attractive to Mack, I do believe....

Heck, he might even give them that extra year if its a team he really likes.....

He can agree to a trade though....and I think he might.....depends on where.....but anyone trading for a high dollar player mid season probably has playoff aspirations.....which would be attractive to Mack, I do believe....

Heck, he might even give them that extra year if its a team he really likes.....

Agree... trade could be contingent on Mack either waiving his opt-out or signing a new contract. A lot of wrangling without much time, but doable.

the browns are dumb!.. they prove it time and again.. they should be trading Manziel.. hes nothing but a distraction.

i'm glad they're shopping these guys in a way, cause we need a rebuild...but I cringe that it's made public. Good luck getting anything but half assed production out of these guys for the remainder of the season. I can see getting something for Mack and Thomas, although who do we put at LT? It's not like we're flush with talent, we're already having trouble protecting the QB except from the left. Add another gaping hole to our O line and who wants to be QB in Cleveland? nobody. And Kruger? Who on earth is gonna take that contract for such little production unless there's a desperate 4-3 team taht thinks they can convert him back to what he should be in short order. No 3-4 team is taking Kruger, his days of standing up in the NFL are over. And if he knows what's good for his career he'll never allow himself to be stood up as a 3-4 olb'er ever again.

big rebuild ahead though folks, the Shurmur/Chud era players are gonna get purged. It needs to be done, but y'all need to understand what it means.....no playoffs for years.

Yup... and has to be in full consultation with Haslam so it implies that he is prepared to stay the course with Farmer and Pet for at least... two more seasons?

well my point was that some people think we're right there with this groups of players, we just have to find the right coach. I think the smarter of us have realized that it ain't happenin, most of these guys on defense especially....need to go. I'd conserve some of the secondary only and start rebuilding the front 7. Draft BPA's and fit the defensive scheme to what fits them best

Archived