THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns shopping Thomas, Mack and Kruger!

letsgojackets

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If as the article says "Everyone" is on the block, then the danger is only one or two pieces go without bringing enough value to enhance our draft.

Who could other teams realistically want?

O: Thomas - Bito - Schwartz - Barn - Benji

D: Des Bryant - Gip

ST: Lee - Coons

Bito, Schwartz and Gip all strike me as being both young enough and good enough to be rebuilding blocks. And it'll be hard to get what Thomas is worth... plus he can play at a high level for another five years... long enough to shepherd us through a rebuild.

Leaves Barn and Benji... both in contract years... both good players, but somewhat one-dimensional and not necessarily game changers. Still could be nice pieces to fill needs of some teams "in the hunt"... but what teams?

Barn

Houston - playoff push in a weak division; reunite with Hoyer

Packers - not a strong pass catching TE on the roster.

Falcons - not a strong pass catching TE on the roster.

Saints - have old friend Watson, but Barn could be complementary addition.

Benji

Houston - Shorts has been hurting

Packers - missing their "burner" Nelson; after their SNF showing could be leading candidate

Panthers - getting a good season out of Ginn, but need help

Well its too bad our Coaching is not on par. We should be getting so much more from this group. And our Def Coordinator is just plain lousy. If we give up these guys, imagine how much worse our team will be. Lets look at the Pats, they always get more with less. Until we get a good coach, we will always play under par. I like pettine, but hate the fact that he keeps this Def Coordinator.

Broncos LT Ty Sambrailo heads to IR.

IIRC, Broncos have lost a two LT and a C this season. If they are looking at a playoff run, they might be the team calling about both Mack and Thomas.

I hope they don't.

If they trade to help Denver out I'm driving right up there and bitching up a storm.

There are teams that we should never ever deal with.

If they trade to help Denver out I'm driving right up there and bitching up a storm.

There are teams that we should never ever deal with.

If they are able to grab a 2015 first round pick, a 2016 first round pick, plus at least a 2015 second round pick, then take those picks and get a legitimate QB, a legitimate ILB, a legitimate DE and LT/C replacement...I'd welcome a trade with Denver with open arms.

EDIT:

For instance, say we trade them, finish 4-12, finish at #2, trade from #2 to #5 and pick up a 2015 second and third, take OT Ronnie Stanley at #5, then package a 2016 first, a 2015 second, a 2016 second and a 2015 third to move up for QB Jordan Lynch, then take DE Chris Jones in the second, I may take that.

Maybe.

Today 4PM. Haslem must sign off on all of them. Lets see if Farmer still has the keys to the Family in the House or Haslem might be changing the Locks. If Mack has not signed off on his no trade clause. Farmer, That Is Your Answer. I would say don't get stupid but 4PM today will answer some of those thoughts.. Go Browns!!

Sure- trade them for what? Another first round bust?

get what we can for Johnny from Dallas, offer Mack to Houston for Hoyer and a #2 pick...haven't seen Irving at center but if Hoyer knows the current offense, together he and McCown could do some good things i think. qb by committee is a cleveland reality for 15 yrs. i say we embrace it.

Well.....Alex Mack issued a statement last night saying he would NOT waive his trade clause.....

"I have a 'no-trade' clause in my contract. It was included for good reason. I'm not leaving my teammates, coaches and Browns fans while there is work this season to be finished," Mack wrote.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000572084/article/browns-alex-mack-will-not-waive-notrade-clause

I did note that his statement says "this season".....still might be setting the tone to stay in case his value has dropped.....

I did note that his statement says "this season".....still might be setting the tone to stay in case his value has dropped.....

His value has definitely dropped, still holding out hope he can get back to form though.

As far as the statement above you regarding Joe Thomas, no comment because that's moronic. JT would make a huge difference on a contender.

His value has definitely dropped, still holding out hope he can get back to form though.

As far as the statement above you regarding Joe Thomas, no comment because that's moronic. JT would make a huge difference on a contender.

Joe is awesome, easily one of the best ever. his size and ability in ANY era before now would make his legacy all-world, the "Jim Brown" of o-lineman. his greatness makes other guy's jobs harder, not just the obvious of the opponent's D, but also for his bookend and fellow line-mates...similar to how Darelle Revis's cb teammates become the focus of gameplans by default. i wouldn't be surprised if Schwartz hates the guy. just kidding.

if you could go back though, and JT, Megatron and All Day are all on the board...tough call.

all of the above, sure. if i knew Peterson's college injuries were not going to be issues??? hmmm

I don't see any of them going anywhere just a trick by the FO to send a message to the players that they are all replaceable and to step it the fuck up

I could almost see that.......but hopefully Joe was in on it.....because picking on the best player you've had in 40 years AND our highest rated player this year would be a complete dirt bag move.....

Joe is awesome, easily one of the best ever. his size and ability in ANY era before now would make his legacy all-world, the "Jim Brown" of o-lineman. his greatness makes other guy's jobs harder, not just the obvious of the opponent's D, but also for his bookend and fellow line-mates...similar to how Darelle Revis's cb teammates become the focus of gameplans by default. i wouldn't be surprised if Schwartz hates the guy. just kidding.

if you could go back though, and JT, Megatron and All Day are all on the board...tough call.

all of the above, sure. if i knew Peterson's college injuries were not going to be issues??? hmmm

JT isn't responsible for our crappy draft record otherwise, Ghoolie just doesn't understand that :P

A HOFer LT that has never missed a snap was a great pick in 2007, however the picks surrounding it not so much.

Pass on Rothlisberger, AP, AJ Green, Julio Jones...............then expect to win?

Idiotic.

But...they didn't pass on Weeden, Richardson and Josh Gordon who were supposed to be as good as all those guys:

And by the way....they didn't pass on AJ Green. They wanted Green and would have taken him except the Bengals took him ahead of them.

If the Bengals did not take Green, Browns would have....and would have never traded the pick to get Phil Taylor.

JT isn't responsible for our crappy draft record otherwise, Ghoolie just doesn't understand that :P

A HOFer LT that has never missed a snap was a great pick in 2007, however the picks surrounding it not so much.

Just think.....the Browns could have also passed on JT....in favor of either DE Gaines Adams who was taken with the very next pick or OT Levi Brown, taken after that.

Adams died of a heart attack after 3 years in the league. Levi Brown was basically a bust who is no longer playing in the league.

That #5 overall pick can't get a job.

So, yes, Ghoolie, things could have been worse than taking JT.

Joe Thomas was the dumbest, most idiotic draft pick of all time. WTF has this guy contributed?

Nothing much except being one of the best LT's in football for years now. He's one of the few picks we've gotten right since 99. James Harrison even said I would have knocked out 10 Cleveland QB's with just my dick swinging around the edge if it hadn't been for JT.

If they are able to grab a 2015 2016 first round pick, a 2016 2017 first round pick, plus at least a 2015 2016 second round pick, then take those picks and get a legitimate QB, a legitimate ILB, a legitimate DE and LT/C replacement...I'd welcome a trade with Denver with open arms.

By any chance, is this what you meant?

Is there any drug we can pump Dwayne Bowe with to make him better?

Make him better than what...he hasnt even played...

How about a drug to just get him in a game?....and then actually make a few attempts to throw him the ball?

I do understand he hasnt done anything to impress the coachs(obviously)....he might completely suck rocks too......but I also think players gotta play if you want to truly see what they can do.......

And unlike, say Gilbert or Manziel, at least Bowe has a history that proves he can play in this league.....

I truly do not understand how they think all these guys standing on the sidelines is doing good for the team.......

Make him better than what...he hasnt even played...

How about a drug to just get him in a game?....and then actually make a few attempts to throw him the ball?

I do understand he hasnt done anything to impress the coachs(obviously)....he might completely suck rocks too......but I also think players gotta play if you want to truly see what they can do.......

And unlike, say Gilbert or Manziel, at least Bowe has a history that proves he can play in this league.....

I truly do not understand how they think all these guys standing on the sidelines is doing good for the team.......

This was in the wrong thread I think :P

But I mean it would be really nice if Bowe wasn't a non-factor given the couple injuries we have this Thursday at WR

Archived