THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns shopping Thomas, Mack and Kruger!

letsgojackets

well my point was that some people think we're right there with this groups of players, we just have to find the right coach. I think the smarter of us have realized that it ain't happenin, most of these guys on defense especially....need to go. I'd conserve some of the secondary only and start rebuilding the front 7. Draft BPA's and fit the defensive scheme to what fits them best

agree

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm glad they're shopping these guys in a way, cause we need a rebuild...but I cringe that it's made public.

I can see getting something for Mack and Thomas, although who do we put at LT? It's not like we're flush with talent, we're already having trouble protecting the QB except from the left.

And Kruger? Who on earth is gonna take that contract for such little production unless there's a desperate 4-3 team taht thinks they can convert him back to what he should be in short order. No 3-4 team is taking Kruger, his days of standing up in the NFL are over. And if he knows what's good for his career he'll never allow himself to be stood up as a 3-4 olb'er ever again.

You can't "shop" players as well known as JT and Mack without expecting it to leak.

At LT Bito still looks like the best JT replacement to me... but if Schwartz can swap sides and be as effective as he's been at RT this year...

I'm not keeping a sack count, but I've no doubt JT is low man. Even so you might have to say "except from the wide left" as there have been a number of inside left sacks and right half sacks due to pressure from the left half.

As for Krugs... strikes me that moving back to his natural position as a 4-3 DE could be a fairly quick reversion.

If the reversion back to having his hand in the ground at LDE is so quick, why is the coaching staff using him as a strong side backer?

Part of this is players fitting scheme, the other is our coaches not finding ways to adjust, I fear.

Fact remains, while Pettine's defenses can be effective and play at a high level; they require such personell that can be hard to come by in a given number of years.

i'm not so sure the transition back to how Blt used Kruger would be that quick for him. I think he's lost alot of leverage since he came to Cleveland. First year he still had a good bull rush but he lost his ability to power carve the edge which if you see some of his tape from Blt, he was alot stronger going around the arc. He has to put clean weight back on, meaning all muscle. I wish we could have done that for him but oh well. Watch him go somewhere and have a 15 sack year.

Not a fan of trading JT.

Neither am I, but if a decent offer came from a playoff-caliber team, I'd pull the trigger. The dude is such pro and a class act; he deserves to actually have a chance to win something before his career is over. With the level of disfunction in the Browns organization right now, he won't have a chance to win here.

Agree, tia... How long have I been asking for evidence of our D scheme adjusting to our player's strengths? Seems like forever now, but it's been at least this season.

If the answer is that he has, but he just can't hide their weaknesses, then the players aren't versatile enough.

And on Kruger...

Cleve... certainly not instantaneous if his body is no longer suited for the role or he has lost a step, but mentally it would seem there would be a fairly short route back to what made you successful.

Neither am I, but if a decent offer came from a playoff-caliber team, I'd pull the trigger. The dude is such pro and a class act; he deserves to actually have a chance to win something before his career is over. With the level of disfunction in the Browns organization right now, he won't have a chance to win here.

I agree, but I'm not convinced he wants to leave based on his comments earlier in the year. I would only trade him if he wants to go. I would never trade a good veteran that wants to stay..

i think mack and thomas rumor may be true...how many fucking yrs of losing football can 1 person stand...krueger has a ring, mingo is too young, but he is not the stud as we thought we would get when drafted...

In season trades for linemen are rare, the only thing that would make sense is Mack to Denver. Mack's contract is a hindrance. A team can just wait for him to be a FA next year.

Sure- trade them for what? Another first round bust?

You know how the NFL works, Larry.

The Browns would get a Dime on a Dollar in trading any of these guys.

They should try, I guess, but - at least contracts aren't guaranteed.

I'm not watching much of the team these days but it sounds like the problems go pretty deep. And I'm not only talking about players and the GM.

Yup... and has to be in full consultation with Haslam so it implies that he is prepared to stay the course with Farmer and Pet for at least... two more seasons?

Interesting Tour wondering how much more losing Haslam will tolerate.The record says- minus Manzeil- you're 1-10. You whiffed on Mack & Carr.

We're not going to get a decent offer. Unless Farmer is stockpiling picks to move up to #1 overall.

Haha this isn't Madden. Not going to happen..

don't bet on it. You have to figure that both these guys are sick and tired of the merry go round and losing seasons yr after yr...these guys have their money and security if they don't screw it up. I'm sure they'd like to hoist the lombardi trophy before their careers are over...ain't happenin here in cleveeeeeeeelin...

Interesting Tour wondering how much more losing Haslam will tolerate.The record says- minus Manzeil- you're 1-10. You whiffed on Mack & Carr.

More tolerant than you might think...

It would not surprise me if in their retreat they laid out multiple routes to building a winner and identified the time lines and odds of success for each route.

Everything from the blow-it-up/5-year-ish plan to the buy-A-team/win-now option. I think they chose a middle route of pruning and filling in with a mix of FA and draft and have now concluded it to have been the wrong choice.

If Haslam is convinced he has the right people, and I've not seen any signs he does not, then we could easily see two more years of our GN and HC. And we should get a clue this week... IIRC Haslam did a mid-year presser last season... and here we are.

Other than an analytical process to learn what they missed seeing, they won't spend time worrying about specific misses in the draft or FA.

Kruger.....the only starting linebacker in the whole league with only 9 tackles in 8 games.....completely absolutely pathetic.....

No matter HOW he says they are using him, he is getting owned every...single...game.....(owned, I tell ya)

and an 8 million dollar linebacker should be able to make more than 1 tackle per game......

and it's REALLY sad that he's not even owning it and "implying" it's anything else but poor execution on his part.....

terrible, terrible, terrible

Archived