THE BROWNS BOARD

Dozens murdered in Paris terrorist attacks

StinkHole

You are exactly right. I've never said otherwise.

WSS

Well, the message being that this is how people should be, giving what they have to help others. Whether that's as voluntary contributions, or a tithe, is probably debatable. What's less debatable is that he'd not be advocating the standpoint of "well if they just work harder they'll be fine" when people are already working 60 hour weeks.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the message being that this is how people should be, giving what they have to help others. Whether that's as voluntary contributions, or a tithe, is probably debatable. What's less debatable is that he'd not be advocating the standpoint of "well if they just work harder they'll be fine" when people are already working 60 hour weeks.

Couldn't tell you how many people are working diligently for 60 hours a week and are still destitute. I think to an extent that's a myth from the left. I'm sure there may be some

And I think all of us would be expected to do what we can really does have the capacity to help himself at least to some extent. It appears to me the anti Christians and the anti-conservative expect people to be given a certain standard of living without earning it. But again none of us follow what I feel is the true meaning of Christianity.

And I know of no one on the right that is against any kind of safety net. Do you?

WSS

It seems some people want to put a safety net a foot off the ground when the wire is a mile high. Nobody anywhere wants people living permanently on welfare. If they have no other option - because they're physically unable to get a job - then sure, but that's a very small minority, and I doubt anyone disagrees that we need to look after them. If they are willing to work, but can't find work, what then? Try harder? OK, but in the mean time, with a family to support and rent to pay, what? If they're able but not willing to work, they shouldn't be living off of the state, and I think again most people agree with that. But that's again a small minority.

Physically unable to perform is probably a very small minority. And those people get screwed By the majority are just taking it easy.who

And I don't know about the UK but it's pretty damn easy to get disability here. I know at least a couple who are perfectly able to work.

Something like 90% of those on welfare are off within 5 years. On the other hand 90% are back on it within five years.

And every time you raise the bar and allow more perfectly healthy people to live on the dole the next tier will want that same benefit.

WSS

In a way he has a point. People always point to the old testament to shame christians when in fact the new testament is the defining book of Christianity. Without the new testament completely invalidating the old christians are jews.

Most Christians view both the old and new testament as truth.

At least...the parts they like.

In a way he has a point. People always point to the old testament to shame christians when in fact the new testament is the defining book of Christianity. Without the new testament completely invalidating the old christians are jews.

So all the people pointing to the old testament to justify anything are jews? OK. I guess they wear crosses to taunt christians, like "hey we killed your so call messiah, suck it!"

Seems the Chinese might start getting involved in the fight to some degree now:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-19/here-comes-china-xi-vows-terror-fight-after-isis-executes-first-chinese-hostage

Says that China's stepping up its diplomacy, but I'm thinking it will take only a few more executions of chinese citizens to get them engaged full time. Are ISIS really that dumb? I know, I'll piss of the US, Russia & now China, because pissing off Europe wasn't enough.

Meanwhile, if you want a good laugh, check out this ISIS video gone wrong

http://mencomedy.com/bomb-drops-behind-isis-member-as-hes-recording-a-video/

Seems the Chinese might start getting involved in the fight to some degree now:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-19/here-comes-china-xi-vows-terror-fight-after-isis-executes-first-chinese-hostage

Says that China's stepping up its diplomacy, but I'm thinking it will take only a few more executions of chinese citizens to get them engaged full time. Are ISIS really that dumb? I know, I'll piss of the US, Russia & now China, because pissing off Europe wasn't enough.

Meanwhile, if you want a good laugh, check out this ISIS video gone wrong

http://mencomedy.com/bomb-drops-behind-isis-member-as-hes-recording-a-video/

You still don't get it. They don't give a fuck. They're not afraid of the world's most powerful countries because our own liberalism protects them.

Because people like you the world over are defending them like rabid dogs. By the time you realize how wrong you are to be their advocate and attempting to divert the blame onto christians it'll be too late in the game for you. Because while you want to stress we're not at war with islam, islam is at war with YOU

I can see an argument that the US and EU's liberalism helps them. But Russia and China have no such qualms. Next up they shoot up Pyongyang?

They don't CARE chris. Every mission is a suicide misson. They're not afraid to die much like the Japanese in world War 2. Every attack is a kamakaze attack. If they can get to Pyongyang they'll murder as many *north koreans as they can.

Edit - north Korea is probably one of the few countries authoritarian enough to not have to worry about muslim invasions

Pyongyang = North Korea.

I'm not defending ISIS. I'm defending my muslim friends the world over, who are as shocked and appalled by this as you and I are, who some people would happily exterminate simply because they're muslim.

Pyongyang = North Korea.

I'm not defending ISIS. I'm defending my muslim friends the world over, who are as shocked and appalled by this as you and I are, who some people would happily exterminate simply because they're muslim.

I have a couple friends from Saudi Arabia who are pretty cool dudes - they love the US because they can drink among other things though :P

Isis kills a lot of Muslims over there - the one's that are Shia or disagree with other aspects of what they believe. They were even at war with al Nusra which is an al Qaeda group.

People are more scared of Muslims in general because they don't entirely understand them - that being said, worrying about Syrian refugees is pretty justified IMO because it's impossible to know who's coming. Lots of able bodied men are coming in. Trump actually made a good point in that it was so much harder for Syrians to come in before the civil war and in the early stages before Isis took control - now it's incredibly easy to go through the refugee program to get setup in western countries.

Yes, I can understand that with millions of refugees going around the world, some ISIS members will be hiding among them, inevitably. It's just good strategy, tbh. I'm not convinced 'closing the borders' is the best way to go though.

As for trump's point - the civil war's kind of a result of our intervention there. I know trump's anti-interventionist, so that's probably the point he's making.

Because people like you the world over are defending them like rabid dogs. By the time you realize how wrong you are to be their advocate and attempting to divert the blame onto christians it'll be too late in the game for you. Because while you want to stress we're not at war with islam, islam is at war with YOU

nobody ever defended their actions, but what the more rational clear thinking people understood was what the west contributed to the rise of fundamentalist Islam. And it's 100% true. Historical facts are facts. Doesn't mean we need to play kiddy gloves with ISIS but not acknowledging our role in goatfucking that region is almost like an affront to god if there is a god. Like he's not going to look kindly on us for that.

Archived