THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 DRAFT who's your boy?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's safe to say that we're going to have a top five pick. Honestly, we could easily have the #1 or #2 pick, as I don't see too many games we can win, and Johnny simply doesn't have the running game or viable weapons to help him score touchdowns. Johnny made some progress, but he's going to struggle more this year. Defensive coordinators will be all over him once more tape is available, and we'll have to adjust on the fly. And adjusting on the fly, isn't exactly what our team is good at.

So let's say we have the #4 pick, just as an example. I do like Bosa, and I like how disruptive he is. But the guy I really like and think has the most upside is my alma mater's very own Jalen Ramsey. He's a playmaking machine, and I think he can be a force in the NFL. I expect him to move to safety, but he might remain at corner. Regardless, he's an excellent blitzer, tackler, and is prone for big plays. I completely realize that taking a safety/corner that high seems nuts, and maybe it is...but he's the guy I want. And I want him BADLY.

Is Josh Gordon back? Can he finally keep his head out of his ass? A betting man would say no, but there's always a chance. If we cut ties with him, which makes no sense, maybe we look at Laquon Treadwell at WR? 6'2 and plays bigger than his size. A true #1 WR option, which is what this team so desperately needs.

I'd rather have a healthy Josh Gordon, but we all know too well the risks he brings.

Bosa sounds like the real deal! We need this guy on our defense! I'm so hoping Manziel is our QB so we can focus on developing depth and picking up real talent this Draft. We need a RB and WR. How do you guys rate Elliot and Treadwell?

Thank you. This guy is a stud, and would immediately be a presence (I did think he was an LB).

He has played a lot of DT too I think this year. Some questions about motivation and off field stuff though. Browns don't need either of those.

From Charlie Campbell-Walterfootball.com:

Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

Mississippi_logo.gif

Another defensive lineman? Well, the Rams signed Nick Fairley to a 1-year contract, and Michael Brockers is nearing the end of his deal. Here's an interior-defensive line talent to help fill the void at one spot. Nkemdiche next to Aaron Donald could be a nightmare for offenses. Nkemdiche has off-the-field issues, but the Rams have been willing to work with players with those concerns.

Nkemdiche (6-4, 296) has a tremendous skill set with the speed and agility of a linebacker. For the NFL, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a disruptive presence at the point of attack. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his sack production. He consistently breaks into the backfield, but rarely ever finishes a play. Part of the reason for that is he has poor awareness. I've spoken with GMs who share my opinion that Nkemdiche is one of the most overrated players in this draft class.

This season, Nkemdiche has 17 tackles, 5.5 for a loss and 1.5 sacks, plus he caught a 31-yard touchdown pass. Nkemdiche recorded 35 tackles with two sacks in 2014. He flashed, but lacked consistency. As a freshman, Nkemdiche totaled 34 tackles with two sacks and eight tackles for a loss. He has a total 5.5 sacks in his collegiate career.

Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team said he has serious baggage. Another said that Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting take by BR says we get rid of Farmer and take Treadwell as #1 overall. I'd think we would trade down a bit if we want him as top pick for us.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2590328-2016-nfl-mock-draft-1st-round-predictions-for-top-prospects

Kruger as a DE would be pretty effective I think.

as a backup DE. He can put weight back on and maybe get his bulrush back but his refined pass rushing techniques are non existent. He hasn't learned them by now he never will. He's a year or two from being out of the league. One trick bull rushing ponies aren't highly sought after commodities. Bosa is already levels above Kruger in terms of technique.

Which is why we need to lose out. Blt currently has the top pick and they are projected at least to be interested in Bosa. Can't happen. Cant fucking happen. Can't allow it. Hey if we didn't land Bosa but he went somewhere else in the NFL, oh well. But We cannot let him fall to the North somewhere.

No, Browns have top pick.

I am having muddled thinking about this: I am usually a "draft defense first" kind of guy.....but I do NOT trust the people running the Browns defense. If they take a high pick like Bosa Jim O'Neil will probably want him to play cover rather than rushing the passer....like he does with Mingo.

So, I am leery about drafting defense. So maybe Offense is the way to go. But who? Sure, a WR would be nice.....but I don't want a Braylon Edwards retread. NO QBs are worthy of such a high pick from what I see.

Who? What?

To repeat myself, the more I see Jaylon Smith from ND the more I'd love to see him in a Browns uniform. Turning around the defense begins with having "the dude" (think Mack, Luke K, the murderer Ray Lewis) in the middle of it which this guy can be.

Ding ding ding ding.......this is where Im at right now...

Its early, but he might be the best "need" pick...for sure...

Browns desperately need a dominant OLB(we did last year too)......pass on olb again and watch our Defense continue to suck

Assuming we don't go QB (here's hoping Manziel can be the guy for a while at least), the top options are almost exclusively D players, or LTs. Bosa, Hargreaves, Nkemdichie, Stanley, Tunsil, Ramsey - no RB will go that high, and no WR seems worthy.

the top options are almost exclusively D players.....- no RB will go that high, and no WR seems worthy.

Id say take stock of the rankings....right now....because they are based upon how these guys play and nothing else.....

Soon though....all the draftniks will publish their rankings and then the combine will happen....and suddenly.....there will be a bunch of new names at the top....(and some great players will start to slide)....and positions will start getting adjusted too.....

So no good WR's or RB's right now???....there will be by draft day, guaranteed.....

So, the best "players" could fall if they are a tenth of a second slow or an inch too short......and a bunch of "lesser-players" will rise simply because of a great 40 time or a video clip or some other stupid measurable....

So....Im hoping we go for pure players and NOT potential players.....and the pure players are on top NOW.....

Mud - I will happily append 'right now' to the end of my statement.

:) ....No need to do that.....because my point is they will be listed as top 10.......but not worthy.....

So, to be clear, Im not correcting you, but just spinning off of what you said.....

Because in a few months folks will be screaming for some WR we've never heard of because he ran a 4.3 and is tall....and the top 1 or 2 at each position will be pushed higher than they belong(talent wise), just to fill needs on the board.....

Out of the top 10 current prospects, Ima guess that almost 1/2 of them drop out of that top 10.....and there will be a bunch of fast risers for all the wrong reasons....

yeah if we don't go with Bosa than I think stud MLB'er is next on this list. Not sure about the Notre Dame kid. I dunno, I just don't like ND and I think ND players are generally soft. Might be great athletes though, just not that "mentality" I want.

We need to find guys like Kuechly that just smell wehre the balls going pre snap. It's like something in the air and shit. They howl at the moon than go beast through the O line on their way to stopping the ball carrier for a loss.

We need a franchise QB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdm3TayuSUo

Lynch seems to wiry to me, idk how else to describe it. He's supposedly 245 lbs but I don't see that all. He does everyone really well but just looks awkward doing it.

Ding ding ding ding.......this is where Im at right now...

Its early, but he might be the best "need" pick...for sure...

Browns desperately need a dominant OLB(we did last year too)......pass on olb again and watch our Defense continue to suck

Amen my friend.

Archived