THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim O'Neil

stillmotion

I don't want Farmer selecting our first overall draft pick.

We would be better off with a visually impaired orangutan, blindfolded, in a dark room, throwing darts over his shoulder at a spinning dartboard.

I don't want Farmer selecting our first overall draft pick.

We would be better off with a visually impaired orangutan, blindfolded, in a dark room, throwing darts over his shoulder at a spinning dartboard.

The blindfolding sounds a bit like overkill.

Z

I didn't think I'd ever see a more nauseating defense here than Bob Slowik's until this one. I keep hearing/reading we need continuity while I'm watching a staff that has lost this team. Travis Benjamin and Gary Barnidge are going to be FAs next year. When one of them says he'll stay if we have the RIGHT staff, think of why he felt compelled to say such a thing. If we had the right staff he would have never said it.

Good stuff, Flugs... don't agree with every line of it, but can appreciate it. The bit I selected I think may well be the determining factor for the staff, either individually or as a whole.

Farmer will be (probably is already) talking to key FAs... Gilbert on D and Schwartz on O for sure, IMO. If he is getting any reluctance from agents about clients lack of faith in the staff, then their fate is sealed.

I do know none of this was an issue last season and we are running the same defense.....so for NO ONE to have issues with Oneill or the system last year, and then suddenly everyone does???.....doesnt make sense to me....

None the less, I think there are 2 things at play here......1) the system seems complex and the players seem to not get it.......2) and many of the players just aren't playing well......and you only have to watch them to see that.....

So....while I think it's really on the players, I also think the coaches should see this and, basically, dumb down the defense. You hate to say that, because you would hope you had good enough players......but if its too complicated or the players cant do it...then you have to adjust and make it easy for them......

Did I dumb that down enough?

Not quite.. ;)

Lions players had been praising the slimming of their defensive game plan. Basically the staff chucked all the calls that did not work. "Freed" the players to make plays out of alignments in which they were comfortable. Worked great for about two weeks. I wonder... if we threw out everything that has not worked, would anything be left?

It is possible that intelligence, or lack of it, is the barrier. Also possible that the teaching is poor. And of course any combination could be deadly. But after two years you'd think "the system" should be engrained enough to allow players to play.

And there were complaints last year... almost entirely around stopping the run. Ah... the good ole days...

This is where I'm coming from. To quote those that always say this - what kind of scheme is good if it can't adapt to the personnel at hand?

Love the adaptation theme... I'd add the questions:

- what has Pet added to the system he learned from/ ran for Rex?

- what has Jim added to the system he learned from/ runs for Pet?

Listening to O'Neil's press conference the other day was almost enough to make me pick up a car and throw it a group of nuns. If you listen to him, we're the best team in the league with no problems. He was an arrogant ASS.

Listening to O'Neil's press conference the other day was almost enough to make me pick up a car and throw it a group of nuns. If you listen to him, we're the best team in the league with no problems. He was an arrogant ASS. Jig

The players deserver a hell of a lot better than this HC, defensive coaching staff...

and a lack of even one elite wr and power rb. Haslam is losing ground the more he hasn't fired the coaches yet.

The offense lacks skill players - I'm still not ready to throw out Flip and co. out the window.

But Oneil should have been fired after the game yesterday. He sucks, he's an arrogant ass, and need to go.

I do wonder what the hell is up with the screwed up waste of time in crucial half or game ending situations.

What the hell?

Surely, that isn't Flip making that happen.

Offense gets a pass because it has no talent.....But the Defense doesnt, even though it has no talent either....

Honestly...got no issue with firing Oneill AND Flip.....but I also know that the new coaches will not do much better with the same roster.....we might go from 2-14 to 4-12, but well still suck until we get some players and some difference makers...

There isnt one.....NOT ONE....star player or difference maker on our defense or offense........not one......yet its all on the coaches????

And before you call one year wonders Barnidge and Benji stars......they're not.....so the same applies here....

Brilliant assessment.....can em all.....then recycle.....then lose some more.......

We have more talent than 1999, and are playing even worse, if that's possible.

So are you saying fire Farmer? Pettine is even more clueless than old Pat Shur-loss when it comes to clock management.

I'm getting pretty close to the Nuke it all strategy.

LOL! We had a little saying in Vietnam (and I did not do this), kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out. :P

Speaking of offensive talent, it kills me to see Allen Robinson of the Jags continue to blow up. He was part of the famed WR class that Farmer didn't want any part of. Just...wow.

But we got Vince Mayle the next year!! *groan*

Zero if its up to Kruger....

And zero, unless we get someone to cover some receivers for more than a second or 2.....

Bademosi is practicing really hard, we should start him. And the night cashier who works for Speedway in Strongsville has a lot of "heart". Let's start him, and hopefully he can execute O'Neil's scheme and shut down the 49ers.

I dont even know what thats supposed to mean....cause Im not saying anything about how they practice.....Im talking about how they play.....and Kruger plays like shit.....and has ALL SEASON LONG.....(and most of last season too)

I dont even know what thats supposed to mean....cause Im not saying anything about how they practice.....Im talking about how they play.....and Kruger plays like shit.....and has ALL SEASON LONG.....(and most of last season too)

I agree, but i was just making fun of the fact that they played bademosi over gilbert earlier in the year, and that they played marlon moore and jennings over bowe last game. I understand they also played special teams, but in my opinion, we should of put bowe and gilbert out there earlier instead of leaving them in the doghouse and see what they had.

... but in my opinion, we should of put bowe and gilbert out there earlier instead of leaving them in the doghouse and see what they had.

FUCK!!!

Sorry... couldn't hold it in any longer...

Also could not get the font to be even larger...

Archived