THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns locker room is a mess (twitter report)

WalterWhite

He has no trade value now. We're stuck with him. BUT............... if he breaks his leg, you will get to see that it makes no difference to the performance of the team.

A walk on could do his job.

Denver did offer their 1st and 2nd round picks though.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/3/9660070/joe-thomas-browns-broncos-nfl-trade-deadline-2015

At one point on Tuesday, the Browns were seeking two first-round picks in order to part with their All-Pro blindside protector. However, according to ESPN's Dianna Marie Russini, the potential deal would have sent Thomas and a fourth-round pick to Denver for the Broncos' first- and second-round picks in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Then there was this story of which I wasn't aware...

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/11/02/seattle-seahawks-rumors-joe-thomas-trade-makes-too-much-sense/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's convenient and sassy to say the Browns offered up Joe Thomas, but no, they

did not, that would send them backwards on the field, and even more backward

in the lockerroom.

Seriously, ya need to watch the Joe Thomas interviews with his teammates, he's really

respected by them, bigtime. Sure, Denver probably inquired, all sorts of inquiries

happen...

but not even Farmer is dumb enough to try to initiate it.

He has no trade value now. We're stuck with him. BUT............... if he breaks his leg, you will get to see that it makes no difference to the performance of the team.

A walk on could do his job.

This is the the stupidest fucking post I've ever wasted my time reading.

Hold on here a second, we give up 423 yards, 9 of 12 3rd down conversions and Seattle scores on 6 of their 7 possessions and the Browns give out a defensive player of the game award?

Pretty soon we might as well just give everyone "The Participation" trophy!!!

A belt that says "this guy competed his ass off" is a far cry from a participation trophy.

I guess I'm old school but if you need a belt as a reward to do your job there's the fucking door. I want players who sole purpose is to be awesome fucking football players, dominate their opponent, win games, go to the playoffs and compete for championships. The NFL isn't measured in belts and necklaces, it's measured in wins and losses, fucking Browns. I wonder how many times John Randle wore the player of the week belt. Hey Danny heres a novel fucking idea, show up more than once every 4 weeks.

The line of gorgeous women standing in line to suck cum out of my dick is so long that none of you have enough time left on Earth to kneel in front of me.

Nonetheless, the poster is absolutely correct. The fucking Browns lose, and the next day Joe Thomas in on TV telling jokes and hi-fiving people.

NOBODY will address the truth.

BEFORE the Browns drafted Joe Thomas, they were a perennial 4 - 12 team.

AFTER the Browns drafted Joe Thomas, they remained a 4 - 12 team.

What the fuck kind of a football player goes to the mother fucking HOF, without making ONE SINGLE MEASURABLE contribution to winning? Get pissed off all you want, assholes, but the lard-ass mother fucker has not done one-single thing you can point to that has helped the team. Putting him along side Jim Brown?

IF ANYONE here is sucking cocks, it is Gippier and company sucking Joe Thomas's cock.I take it back, JT isn't the Putney Swope of NFL players, he is the fucking BARNEY FIFE of NFL players. His name should be FREE RIDE. He is a fucking affirmative action personality. He doesn't do jack shit, but because the Browns have no players that could play on any NFL playoff team, announcers have to make bullshit up. So they tell you how great JT is... and YOU cocksuckers eat it up, despite there being no logic behind it.

Don't accuse someone else of being a cocksucker when your have a tatoo on your head that says " DON'T GRAB MY EARS I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING".

You have one valid point that a great LT on a shitty team is basically useless. For all the individual accolades given by many in here, and on PFF, to the OL I didn't see back to back games where the QB wasn't getting killed or running for his life. There weren't back to back games where the offense ran the ball like teams do to the Browns. But "true" Browns fans need to have a feeling like there is some worth on the team and the defense that everyone thought was going to be the 85 Bears in August sucks so they have to hang their hats on something, the OL is that something.

Sacks aren't always on the OL and neither are minimized runs...

I guess I'm old school but if you need a belt as a reward to do your job there's the fucking door.

It's called positive reinforcement.

Since it seems it was Danny's first award, I think it is safe to assume he did not "need" a reward to show up vs. the Seahawks.

Can't find a list of belt winners, but I think it is safe to assume that there have been a couple weeks when none was handed out, e.g., the 2nd Bengals game.

As for the dog bones... just like with Buckeye leaves... win, lose or tie, there are good plays made and it's good to see them recognized.

You have one valid point that a great LT on a shitty team is basically useless. For all the individual accolades given by many in here, and on PFF, to the OL I didn't see back to back games where the QB wasn't getting killed or running for his life. There weren't back to back games where the offense ran the ball like teams do to the Browns. But "true" Browns fans need to have a feeling like there is some worth on the team and the defense that everyone thought was going to be the 85 Bears in August sucks so they have to hang their hats on something, the OL is that something.

i'd like to see the stats on how many of those 'QB kills' and 'rushes squashed' were to the left side and were JTs fault?

all the haters might not want to admit it but every GM in the game and anyone that knows anything about football knows that good LT is as important as the guy he's protecting. and we have a great one.

i'd like to see the stats on how many of those 'QB kills' and 'rushes squashed' were to the left side and were JTs fault?

all the haters might not want to admit it but every GM in the game and anyone that knows anything about football knows that good LT is as important as the guy he's protecting. and we have a great one.

Well said. You know, we've had a lot of disappointing draft picks and FAs showing up here with best football in the rear view mirror. To read Joe Thomas was a bad pick after performing like a Pro Bowl Tackle on the blind side for all of his 1st 9 years here is absurd.

I say such a thing remembering what the blind side of QB looked like with Shaffer and Andruzzi trying to protect it before Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach upgraded it considerably. A career backup like DA threw 29 TD passes here and we went 10-6 while we also had a RB Baltimore gave up on rushing for 1300 yards on the ground the very first year of upgrade.

Our FO's inability to research Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rapen to the extent they had any idea of what they projected is not Joe's fault.The year Savage told us Braylon was the safest pick was the year we could have traded back and added picks to draft Aaron Rodgers or at least explored such a thing. The year Ben was drafted, we traded up 1 or 2 spots to add Kellen Winslow instead of back (possibly adding a pick to draft Roethlisberger) when the plan at QB was only Charlie Frye. As fans, we can get this stuff wrong. The FO cannot get it wrong.

Passing the football in 2015 has been the least of all evils or we're not looking at guys like Travis Benjamin and Gary Barnidge having great years all the while Josh McCown changed a lot of minds. Manziel looks much improved as well. He looks further along than Blake Bortles looked when he was just 8 starts old or so at 24 years of age. Jax wasn't drafting 3rd overall in 2015 because 2014 went off without growing pains of an experienced passer.

The point isn't JT isn't very good it's that the OL is more than just one player and must be evaluated as a whole. As a whole the Browns offensive line is mediocre.

It's called positive reinforcement.

Since it seems it was Danny's first award, I think it is safe to assume he did not "need" a reward to show up vs. the Seahawks.

Can't find a list of belt winners, but I think it is safe to assume that there have been a couple weeks when none was handed out, e.g., the 2nd Bengals game.

As for the dog bones... just like with Buckeye leaves... win, lose or tie, there are good plays made and it's good to see them recognized.

I like Pettine when he says the "NFL is a bottom line business", this isn't your local Nissan dealership. College kids get stickers, NFL players get paychecks.

Glad to see Tour posted the article about the belt, cause it's pretty unfair to attack Shelton for winning an award.....

But.....considering it was Walter......Im not surprised.....

Right.....in fact.....out of the 46 sacks the team has taken, the adjusted grades have the OL allowing just 16 of them

.....and Joe Thomas is credited with allowing only 2.....(which is priceless).....

And our terrible run game?......averages 2.8 yards per carry, except over LT/LG, where the average is 4.5 ypc....

Glad to see Tour posted the article about the belt, cause it's pretty unfair to attack Shelton for winning an award.....

Right.....in fact.....out of the 46 sacks the team has taken, the adjusted grades have the OL allowing just 16 of them

.....and Joe Thomas is credited with allowing only 2.....(which is priceless).....

And our terrible run game?......averages 2.8 yards per carry, except over LT/LG, where the average is 4.5 ypc....

Maybe Ghoolie just misses Shaffer and Andruzzi on the blind side of QB.

I don't think it's fair to criticize Shelton but I do think it's fair to criticize the need for such an award.

Mud I'd wager you've watched almost every snap this season. After how many games did you stop and say to yourself, "man that OLine was owning players today". I get that the lack of flash is due in part to the ZBS but after watching all but two games I can't honestly say the Browns look dominate in back to back games and they have had games, while healthy where they looked like absolute shit. I heard a lot of "Bitonio had a tough matchup", "the crowd was loud today" and "they have a very good defense". Just don't see the dominate from that many claim we have.

I don't think it's fair to criticize Shelton but I do think it's fair to criticize the need for such an award.

Mud I'd wager you've watched almost every snap this season. After how many games did you stop and say to yourself, "man that OLine was owning players today". I get that the lack of flash is due in part to the ZBS but after watching all but two games I can't honestly say the Browns look dominate in back to back games and they have had games, while healthy where they looked like absolute shit. I heard a lot of "Bitonio had a tough matchup", "the crowd was loud today" and "they have a very good defense". Just don't see the dominate from that many claim we have.

I dont think our line dominated anyone this year....nor do I think they suck......

To me, they're just somewhere in the middle....

The tackles both had dominant years though.....it was the middle 3(Greco, Bito, Mack) that weren't on their game....

they dominated the titans and niners.....wooooo hoooooo.

I dont think our line dominated anyone this year....nor do I think they suck......

To me, they're just somewhere in the middle....

The tackles both had dominant years though.....it was the middle 3(Greco, Bito, Mack) that weren't on their game....

And oddly enough Mack is a pro bowler, shows how credible that is.

Archived