THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson Hired

beare

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Browns are making a "big push" for Bengals OC Hue Jackson, and would "like to close it out."

With Adam Gase off the board, Jackson has quickly turned into the market's hottest coaching candidate. He's interviewed with the Giants and 49ers in addition to Cleveland, while he's also believed to be the 49ers' top choice. An innovative offensive mind who's had success everywhere he's been, Jackson will offer great promise wherever he ends up.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy Donovan of WKYC just reported that Hue Jackson is the man the Browns want, and they feel that they can make him an offer.

Question is, does he really want to come here?

My thoughts exactly! Everything I've read says he's tough on coaching and hands on, I can't see how the glove fits!

Jackson would be a great choice IMO. But not getting my hopes up.

I'm with you. I'm just sitting back and not giving it much of a second thought these days....... I'll believe it when I see it.

@DawgPoundNation

Per Jim Donovan, the radio voice of the #Browns, "Hue would have ability to make personnel decisions, including selecting the starting QB"

Well I mean I'd hope he'd have the ability to set the depth chart.

Can't see them giving him complete control to make the draft choices.

But Goff would probably be cool with both Hue and the analytics guys. Just sayin'

@DawgPoundNation

Per Jim Donovan, the radio voice of the #Browns, "Hue would have ability to make personnel decisions, including selecting the starting QB"

Even PoG can read between that line ^.

Hue feels like a NYG kind of guy...

And Sashi has say over the 53 man roster... same as Farmer did, but the 46 and the Depth chart has to be the purview of the HC or we won't attract an intern to be HC.

Hue Jackson, man wow, who gives a flying fuck. Another loser.

8-8 as a head coach...so not quite a losing record.

Who would you like to see them hire dickhead? Or do you just want to keep bitching about every thing this team does? They could win the fucking super bowl and you'd be pissed they didn't win by more points.

Hue feels like a NYG kind of guy...

And Sashi has say over the 53 man roster... same as Farmer did, but the 46 and the Depth chart has to be the purview of the HC or we won't attract an intern to be HC.

Haslem clarified for a dumb ass at presser. HC has 46

8-8 as a head coach...so not quite a losing record.

Who would you like to see them hire dickhead? Or do you just want to keep bitching about every thing this team does? They could win the fucking super bowl and you'd be pissed they didn't win by more points.

I guess he figures if he stays a total pessimist, he'll never be disappointed. :rolleyes:

Mike

I think people are misinterpreting the intended role of the coach that comes in. I think he will to a large degree have more say and power than the "GM". If he didn't he wouldn't be involved in the process of selecting a GM AFTER he is hired.

remember huE=MC2

LOL on the huE=MC2

Archived