THE BROWNS BOARD

cutler to the bears!

breadman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad it's over. not because i have any sort of attachment to quinn (think he's a pretty-boy douche, for the record), but because there are few players in the league worth two firsts, and by 'few' i mean 'none.'

glad he went to them, and that is over.

O and the Bears were dumb, a first and third and Orton ok maybe, two first rounders and a third and Orton. NO FREAKIN WAY!

I like it because it means that this debacle is over. I think that it's one of the stupidest moves imagineable but hey, they aren't my draft picks.

I hope that Cutler languishes in obscurity. Does anyone get the feeling that Denver can use this to springboard their talent a la the Jimmy Johnson Cowboys trading Herschel Walker?

still to much for cutler

a first and a third this year and orton or even maybe a first this year second next and orton

WOW,how many hours was cutler on the market once denver decided to trade him,,how long has our pro-bowl qb been available ?

there seems to be little interest in da,,does he really suck that bad ? maybe one of those nfc teams that need more to stay close to chicago will need a qb ..

If they took Orton I wonder if that means they would have taken DA if the Browns gave up the draft picks.

It's the Draft picks that kept us out the running for Cutler.

I myself would like to see what Mangini can do with what we have, and the possibility of dishing either DA or BQ.

this was a best case scenario for the Browns. It takes Cutler off the market for a team that wasn't really in the running for EITHER DA or BQ....and therefore leaves teams like the Jets looking for a QB...and if they want a veteran QB they have to come to us now.

I love it...and it offsets the poor trade value that Cassel had previously set...so the value of our QB's has just increased without losing out on a trade partner.

LOVE IT!!!

Now maybe we can start a rumor that the Broncos want to give us Orton and a #1 for Quinn. Hell, everybody wants to keep thinking Mangini isn't crazy abbout him.

But, Orton would most likely beat out DA.

Thank God it's over. The Bears are IDIOTS. 2firsts and there starting QB. no way.

The Bears haven't had a real franchise quarterback since the 1940's ... can't blame them for trying.

Orton and Simms in Denver ... good luck with that, hotshot.

Zombo

Guest Aloysius

The Bears also signed Orlando Pace today. If he stays healthy, they'll have a pretty good o-line.

It's interesting that Orton's only signed through '09. Could be a one year rental while a rookie QB develops.

Then again, Orton could have some success in that "cockpit" - Denver's got a great o-line, they're retaining Shanahan's ZBS/running game, and they're bringing in the very successful NE passing attack. If Brandon Marshall's suspension isn't long & Tony Scheffler is retained, they'll also have a bevy of offensive weapons.

Should be interesting what 3-4 personnel they pick up in the draft. Tyson Jackson, Rey Maualuga, and Everette Brown would make sense in Round 1.

Makes for a very interesting Draft...sweepstakes for sanchez now...Denver trades #12 and #18 to Cleveland for #5 pick....weeeeeeeeeeee

Rey rey rey rey :P and beanie !!!!!!!

Might spur San Fran or Jax to move up to make sure they get a QB. Also Giants and Philly want to package picks to move up for Crabtree.

We could very well be sitting in the cat-bird seat.

Makes for a very interesting Draft...sweepstakes for sanchez now...Denver trades #12 and #18 to Cleveland for #5 pick....weeeeeeeeeeee

Rey rey rey rey :P and beanie !!!!!!!

there will never be anyone who trades 2 mid first round picks for the 5th overall. it will never happen. i also still stand by the fact that i wouldn't take beanie for anything before the 3rd round. he won't be that good of an nfl running back

this was a best case scenario for the Browns. It takes Cutler off the market for a team that wasn't really in the running for EITHER DA or BQ....and therefore leaves teams like the Jets looking for a QB...and if they want a veteran QB they have to come to us now.

I love it...and it offsets the poor trade value that Cassel had previously set...so the value of our QB's has just increased without losing out on a trade partner.

LOVE IT!!!

i completely agree. da's stock just went up.

there will never be anyone who trades 2 mid first round picks for the 5th overall. it will never happen. i also still stand by the fact that i wouldn't take beanie for anything before the 3rd round. he won't be that good of an nfl running back

I can dream bro!!!!

Archived