THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Wentz- Starts here.

hoorta

The difference with Luck was he played for one of the top teams in the country, against some of the best competition in the country. Also, he was the #1 rated QB for his final 2yrs, not just from a weekend in shorts and a tank top......... Big, big difference between the two. Not even close.

I'm not saying he won't be the Browns savior, hopefully he will, but he is a reach, especially at 2.

Just because you didn't know who the guy was until last weekend doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard about Wentz from Mayock well before the Senior Bowl, we're talking December. Was watching his games shortly after.

There were actually a lot of mock drafts having Wentz go #2 to Browns before/during Sr Bowl practice week.

He's not really a Combine Creation like you're saying DBone.

@TonyPauline: Jets, Browns, Texans & Rams have personnel ppl & scouts on hand to watch Carson Wentz/QB/ND St at the FCS title game

Check, check.

January 9th:

Mike Mayock Retweeted Harry Brenner

I'm saying he's in the conversation to be the 1st qb taken...if he checks all the intangible boxes- watch out !

Just watched 2 tapes of Carson Wentz...NDSU QB...big kid can sling it ! Senior Bowl week important for him !

Just because you didn't know who the guy was until last weekend doesn't mean the rest of us didn't.

That's fine, as I don't follow every small town, small college prospect. Hopefully people like yourself are correct, and if Hue does in fact take him at 2, then that will be all the confirmation that I need.

Gotta go ride my mtn bike 18 miles........................

The difference with Luck was he played for one of the top teams in the country, against some of the best competition in the country. Also, he was the #1 rated QB for his final 2yrs, not just from a weekend in shorts and a tank top......... Big, big difference between the two. Not even close.

I'm not saying he won't be the Browns savior, hopefully he will, but he is a reach, especially at 2.

Again, I wasn't comparing the two outside of the respective offensive styles that their teams primarily employed.

In case you missed that whole "Not that I'm saying they're the same (players)" part.

So you'd rather have luck then any other quarterback playing today? Fair enough. I think he's turned into a cliché.

Just like almost every other debate Ive had with you...I didnt say that.....as usual, you've taken a statement and made it something completely different....."context" is everything...

"best prospect" has nothing do do with who the best QB in the league today...and everything to do with how players are selected in the draft...."before" anyone knows what they'll do in the league....

I wasn't even taking issue with you. Just saying that the Andrew Luck broken record gets a little tiresome.

Fuck him, and fuck any quarterback that's not a Cleveland Brown.

WSS

Fair enough.....but I would still take him if he were available for the QB of the Cleveland Browns.

Look.....we kinda sorta hated Terry Bradshaw (only in a football rivalry sense), but I wish that the Steelers had taken Mike Phipps #1 overall that year and left Bradshaw for us. Yes, clearly it is true that the Steeler overall team in the 70s was great and that certainly Bradshaw would not likely have had the same success here as in Pisstown, but it would be nice to speculate to possibility.

(Does anyone think Mike Phipps would have QBd those Steelers to 4 SB titles? Highly unlikely imo)

It's a no-brainer, all due respect to Goff.

Clearly we've tried the no-brainer route... a lot...

Brainer, please...

Im kinda feeling like there are very few "brainers" in this draft.....while it's not terrible, it kind of feels like a dud draft overall to me.....which pretty much figures in a year that we have the #2....

Im kinda feeling like there are very few "brainers" in this draft.....while it's not terrible, it kind of feels like a dud draft overall to me.....which pretty much figures in a year that we have the #2....

I don't see how you see that at all. Both Goff and Wentz are very intelligent.

I don't see how you see that at all. Both Goff and Wentz are very intelligent.

should that be in pink?....not sure.....if not, I was referring to no-brainer talent, not intelligence....;)

just seeing average talent and very few(if any) slam dunks at a lot of positions(most?).....usually there are a ton of guys you'd love to have at the top and this year, for me, it's just kind of ...meh....

There's something I noticed about Goff. His interviews, he seems to be very serious. Doesn't smile or laugh much, I think it is.

Wentz seems to smile a lot, laugh easy - and he's an outdoorsman. He can go fishing with Joe Thomas.

Okay, that's my deciding factor of deciding factors. Camp Wentz is reinforced.

There's something I noticed about Goff. His interviews, he seems to be very serious. Doesn't smile or laugh much, I think it is.

Wentz seems to smile a lot, laugh easy - and he's an outdoorsman. He can go fishing with Joe Thomas.

Okay, that's my deciding factor of deciding factors. Camp Wentz is reinforced.

Yeah, but can he roll a hot pair of dice? ;)

Archived