THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Bosa

The Gipper

1) Kruger was bullrushing the balls off guys at 275-280. He's lost that now, thanks for that Mike.....

2) As for his inside move, I think he talked about it as his best move. It's like a street fighter unblockable when he hits it. But yes you're right that he's gonna need to get stronger and faster to pull it off in the NFL with consistency. He has to follow a similar trajectory as Watt who also kept working at his trade.

3) He showed his coverage ability at OSU. Again, you're not making him the weakside backer. Do you really think he couldn't do what Harrison did with Pgh all those years? Drop back in a zone and murder fools. You're not asking man coverage of your Jack OLB'er, unless of course your name is Mike Pettine than you're sending your hybrid off against the slot's...which is retar...anyway..

4) It's Hortons call. If he slides his D more towards a 4-3 that periodically drops one of it's DE's into a firezone...than it's exactly what Bosa's doing now. We'll see. If Horton moves in the other direction than yeah Bosa may not fit and Buckners the call. Who we could probably get even if we traded down.

He may feel like it's his best move, and it may have a higher rate of success, but that's because it's a complementary piece that is set up by his routine outside rush. It's a small piece of the puzzle and it IS effective, but to truly become an elite pass rushing talent (especially from a backer position), he'll have to incorporate at least a few more "moves". Could it come with time, sure. I expect him to get better.

He can certainly work hard at his craft, a la Watt, but that doesn't make him a Watt. Watt is just more athletically talented. Watt weighed in 20 lbs. heavier than Bosa did at the combine, much larger hands, slightly longer arms, ran a tenth of a second faster in the 40, did 10 more bench reps, 5 inches more on vert, one hundredth of a second faster 3-cone and the exact same 20 yard shuttle. Hoping that Bosa could be Watt is aspirational, but also foolish. Bosa just isn't the same.

Bosa is Jared Allen 100%, in my eyes. A great player, certainly one worthy of accolades. But I don't know if Jared Allen would have experienced the same level of success in the 3-4 last season, and I think that's what made him expendable to the Bears.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZkkrQM1f0&feature=player_embedded

I see this claim on other sites that Watt did a tenth faster than Bosa, but that's not what this video from the NFL networks own combine coverage shows. Why is that misinfo being put out there? That being said it's eye opening to see Watt not far behind even Clowney while weighing 290. Can we go back and draft him or something instead of trading down for Phil Taylor? Or maybe drafting Cam Newton or Von Miller? Yeah, pretty much anyone from that '11 draft besides phil taylor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGZkkrQM1f0&feature=player_embedded

I see this claim on other sites that Watt did a tenth faster than Bosa, but that's not what this video from the NFL networks own combine coverage shows. Why is that misinfo being put out there? That being said it's eye opening to see Watt not far behind even Clowney while weighing 290. Can we go back and draft him or something instead of trading down for Phil Taylor? Or maybe drafting Cam Newton or Von Miller? Yeah, pretty much anyone from that '11 draft besides phil taylor

That was my fault, I meant hundredth. It was 4.85 to 4.86 or something like that, I just brain farted on the right word.

But yes, I agree - it's mind boggling to think that Bosa is being praised for his athletic prowess, yet Watt had nearly the exact same performance if not a shade better, and Watt still wasn't a top five pick. That draft class was absolutely insane...and we still fucked it up. Something like the top six or eight players have all been to at least one Pro Bowl already, IIRC.

Either way, I think the point for me is that Bosa will be good in either system, but I think he'll be much better in a 4-3 while a guy like Buckner is equally as athletically talented but is a better fit for the 3-4. Personally, I'd rather go Buckner / Dodd than go Bosa / Spence.

If Watt, Bosa and Clowney were all coming out this year.....I really do believe i'd still like Bosa the best based on the college tape. They were all pass rushing studs but it's the edge discipline that puts Bosa over them all. Obviously in hindsight you take Watt cause he ends up doing everything. I'm just saying based on their college tape.

For me the run defense is priority number one on the whole team. This is why I wanted Mack so bad, even over Watkins. If we go Buckner or Spence I'm ok with that, they're not bad against the run but def need more work than Bosa, but we can get those guys with a trade down. If we stay at 2 there's really only 2 guys that are worth staying there vs what we could get in a trade down.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived