THE BROWNS BOARD

Decline of the Religious Right?

jbluhm86

To me it's the same as it has been, I haven't generally noticed an increase or decrease, anecdotally. What I suspect has happened generally, though, is as people have become more transient in society - not staying in any one home more than a year or two/three - people become less involved in their neighbourhoods, get to know their neighbours less, and so people who live next door to each other will often just ignore each other walking down the street/stairs. I don't know about less civil, people will still hold the doors etc, but less interaction.

That being said, I live in a place very different to most on this board.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me it's the same as it has been, I haven't generally noticed an increase or decrease, anecdotally. What I suspect has happened generally, though, is as people have become more transient in society - not staying in any one home more than a year or two/three - people become less involved in their neighbourhoods, get to know their neighbours less, and so people who live next door to each other will often just ignore each other walking down the street/stairs. I don't know about less civil, people will still hold the doors etc, but less interaction.

That being said, I live in a place very different to most on this board.

I suppose of the other fellow thanks that mankind knows everything about things that can't be understood and it makes him feel like hot shit, well thats good too.

WSS

I guess I haven't seen that person that thinks mankind already knows everything about everything. Certainly not anyone with an ounce of scientific literacy

I guess I haven't seen that person that thinks mankind already knows everything about everything. Certainly not anyone with an ounce of scientific literacy

There are plenty of people willing to believe, based on no empirical evidence, in the existence of a supernatural sky fairy who already knows everything about everything, though.

There are plenty of people willing to believe, based on no empirical evidence, in the existence of a supernatural sky fairy who already knows everything about everything, though.

How Do We Know the Bible Is True?

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/is-the-bible-true/how-do-we-know-the-bible-is-true/

It's not as if believers have nothing to base their faith on. There are evidences.

http://lifehopeandtruth.com/bible/is-the-bible-true/how-do-we-know-the-bible-is-true/

It's not as if believers have nothing to base their faith on. There are evidences.

So the Bible is true because the Bible?

Multiple revisions, multiple translations, vague interpretations, ignoring the crazy shit.... I'm convinced.

I read a couple concrete examples then a bunch of circular logic nonsense that the bible in its entirety must be true, essentially because the man upstairs said so.

Archived