THE BROWNS BOARD

Enough of This Nonsense

Flugel

Folks,

You have my word. If Derek Anderson is STILL starting here after our 8th game - I will show up to a tailgate party dressed in baby diapers and pink Spandex with a pacifier in my mouth for all to see.

Fluge's - if it come to this, I'll have to buy tickets just to witness this........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to blame the defense entirely when you're giving those teams starting field position in field goal range.

I'm getting tired of having to go check out the play by play...

Oakland Game: Oakland's second half scores came off an 11 play 85 yard drive and a 17 play 80 yard drive.

Arizona Game: Arizona's second half scores came off a 22 yard drive following a J. Cribs fumble, a 40 yard drive following a 59 yard return (and it wasn't an intercepted pass return), and an 80 yard 11 play drive.

DA was moving the ball, the other teams, not necessarily known for their power offenses that season, just outscored him.

Boy oh boy the grammer police are here. When you cant find nothing else you go after grammer. You really have no life do you? I bet your parents are proud of what a waste you are.

Hopefully you were being sarcastic, otherwise you weren't helping yourself. Grammar. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Guest Masters
I'm getting tired of having to go check out the play by play...

Oakland Game: Oakland's second half scores came off an 11 play 85 yard drive and a 17 play 80 yard drive.

Arizona Game: Arizona's second half scores came off a 22 yard drive following a J. Cribs fumble, a 40 yard drive following a 59 yard return (and it wasn't an intercepted pass return), and an 80 yard 11 play drive.

DA was moving the ball, the other teams, not necessarily known for their power offenses that season, just outscored him.

You're tired? I am tired of you OR fans not being able to read and not watching the games.

OAK Game: Why do you gloss over DA's back to back second quarter INTs that led to a FGs? Or his numerous streaks of incomplete passes and penalties because he can't get the line lined up?

ARZ: Why do you gloss over DA's pick 6 on his first drive of the game? I won't even mention that he threw a second pick to the same guy who took the first one to the house.

Yeah, ARZ isn't known for their offense, even in 2007 :rolleyes:

Flugle huh. Boy over 400 posts. Yes I stand by my posts when I said You hve no life.

Well don't let me interrupt your precious time between text messaging and the 50 replies you've already added to this thread while you show the rest of us how to live life. If it's gonna take you more than 1 post to say something that easy then why don't you leave this conversation to the adults? I'm sure you've already watched all the Miley Cyrus re-runs. Lucky us!

It doesn't take more than 1 post to say we've seen all 26 auditions of DA getting worse with experience. He's awful. For the record, if we would have drafted ANY QB in round 1 (while exhanging round 1 in 08 and another pick on day 1 in 07) - we would have HOPED that guy was worthy of the commitment. If a team is going to DECIDE to commit to a young man like that - then that same team beter PLAY the guy or people aren't going to understand why they're watching the next Todd Philcox going Dr Kevorkian on our passing game.

Once you can handle that, maybe you can conceptualize that we got DA for the price of an open bag of stale potato chips and a can of Walmart soda. If that's not enough, we had your dream boy out on the open market and 31 other teams INCLUDING the Detroit Lions said "GET REAL!"

You and your frat boys keep turning this into EVERYBODY loves Quinn. Do me a favor and show me which person on this message board DRAFTED Quinn. If DA went Brian Sipe on the shores of Lake Erie - history shows us the Browns get rid of the 1st round alternative with a 2 thumbs up from every fan. The problem is, while Sipe got better as time went on - DA has fermented. In addition, the 1st round alternative (Phipps) was allowed to step on the stage for enough assessment before committing to Sipe. That hasn't happened with Quinn vrs Dumb Ass.

- Tom F.

Just when I think we've had our run of idiots on this board, somebody new steps up to the plate.

LOL! At the very least, that's gotta be a very interesting State over there in Camelot West. Check out the All Star cast Inspecta: No-Show Cinco, Tonya's Onya Hardwood, Dumb Ass, Loverboy and all his Frat pledges. If there's a sum of 10 brain cells in that lineup color me impressed. You just know when they put the Olympics out there someone's gonna do something really stupid we'll never forget. I'll put cake on it.

- Tom F.

I'm still trying to find where the "I can win with Quinn" story started.

It started with "Once upon a time" just like any other story.

There's an old saying you gotta open the book before you can actually read it. Baby steps. The goal is to make it to "happily ever after."

- Tom F.

You're tired? I am tired of you OR fans not being able to read and not watching the games.

OAK Game: Why do you gloss over DA's back to back second quarter INTs that led to a FGs? Or his numerous streaks of incomplete passes and penalties because he can't get the line lined up?

ARZ: Why do you gloss over DA's pick 6 on his first drive of the game? I won't even mention that he threw a second pick to the same guy who took the first one to the house.

Yeah, ARZ isn't known for their offense, even in 2007 :rolleyes:

C'mon dude...you know that turnovers in the first half don't count. It's only how the defense played in the 2nd half. Anderson's shitty play in the first half and points that it costs the team doesn't matter when the defense gives up long drives in the 2nd half.

Tom, do you think Brian Sipe could play in today's NFL? honestly?

i definitely feel DA could have played then, just saying. teams (defenses) weren't near the sophistication of today and it took Elway three years to maintain competency and Bradshaw like seven......

again, just saying.

in Quinn's short career as an NFL QB the thing i see that scares me the most is in his delivery. regarding the finger injury, while i appreciate him staring down the barrel of the gun and making that throw through the pressure in his face i saw that same injury almost happen several other times. i'm not going to act like i'm an expert on mechanics and his release doesn't look slow but there were several close calls, behind the same O-line DA threw behind. to his credit (quick release, long arms, height, whatever) DA got it out before this was ever a concern. in comparing the two i saw DA's arm get hooked a few times but i never saw lineman in his face blocking the ball's delivery and potentially stobing fingers etc.

it definitely scares me a bit.

You know what I dont understand, DA is tall, and lanky, and has a cannon....

Why the hell does he get so many passes batted down at the line, wheras quinn is shorter and it doesnt happen, I can gurantee almost 1-2 batted down balls a game from him, it makes no sense, it is even listed in his scouting report that he gets an unusual number of balls batted down at the line for his size.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Zombo

Are you kidding Zombo? I saw that spelling and was ROTF!

There are so many intelligent posters on this board, so it's that the kind of stuff that keeps this board so much fun....There has to be some comic relief.

RUMOR ALERT!!

Latest Rumor has Derek Anderson going to Detroit along with our second second rounder for Detroits second first round pick (#20)

I can actually see this happening

http://blogs.theobr.com/?p=751#more-751

I think it sounds reasonable too....The Lions get a QB while only dropping 17 spots.

The Browns could get one of the Stud LB's or Ayers while still taking Crabtree at #5.

*sigh*

So we move up 17 picks and give up DA. I guess I'll take it, but it still chaps my friggin ass every time I think of what we could have had for Dexter last year.

Sorry, I can't let this one go.

*sigh*

So we move up 17 picks and give up DA. I guess I'll take it, but it still chaps my friggin ass every time I think of what we could have had for Dexter last year.

I agree...But you gotta take what you can get....And this team needs picks.

Instead of thinking of it as 17 picks....Think of it as the difference between Brown or Laurinaitis or Barwin and Ayers or Rey or Cushing.

*sigh*

I can't either. I remember when he declared for Free Agency.....I was ELATED thinking we would actually get something for the worthless piece of $@^*, and I was just POSITIVE that he was gone. Then, along comes Opie to foul things up by re-signing him! I immediately plunged into a deep dark depression that will not improve until he is GONE!!! At this point, I just want him gone & I really don't give a damn what we get for him...his being gone would be "addition by subtraction".

Mike

Oh my freakn GOD I really love mispelling shit because of all the jerk offs that love to point them out. You guys are completley worthless. Its pretty EF,N sad that u need correct spellin 2 read stuff. imo your the l0ser here. It bothers u whn i do this u poor little sack of shit. 2 bad stallworth didnt hit and kill u.

Waaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Oh my freakn GOD I really love mispelling shit because of all the jerk offs that love to point them out. You guys are completley worthless. Its pretty EF,N sad that u need correct spellin 2 read stuff. imo your the l0ser here. It bothers u whn i do this u poor little sack of shit. 2 bad stallworth didnt hit and kill u.

f-Spelling-Study-2477.jpg

You want us to cry about winning 10 games?

How about this one?

He handed wins 11, 12 and 13 to Oakland, Arizona and Cincitucki on silver platter or we would have been in the playoffs.

Hell if he would have done better than a Goofy's "Aw shucks, at least it wasn't 5 picks!" then we'd all be hailing him as a savior not a one year wonder.

And maybe we all wouldn't be so hard on the guy if Lummy hadn't antagonized the living hell out of all of us by calling us Quinn fags any time we said anything that could have possibly been considered negative.

I'll admit most of my animosity towards Drive Assasin comes from being attacked by Lums every time I pointed out one of DA's faults.

As a matter of fact, I wasn't sold on Quinn before we drafted him and still am not sure, but before we trade or let walk away a 1st round pick I want to see if the kid can cut the mustard or not.

you guys are seriously fukking delirious. i'm not singling you out Tobalaz (you even got a caps from me there), you just happened to start this 11, 12, & 13 thing.

all you need to remember is we lost Oakland due to a blocked field goal and were a K2 leg in bounds of winning the ARZ game. cincy....yeah, well.....ok. live by the pass, die by the pass.

i can remember the steelers getting in the super bowl in '05 due to a missed field goal in the championship, we gonna be like them and blame a lost game by missed fg on DA the way they gave Big Gay Ben the credit for a missed one?

remember them both how you like, but i watched my team stay in both games up until the very last 5 seconds--i'll take that every day of my life over what we experienced at the end of '08. want someone to criticize, how about Dorsey or Gradkowski?

they were also a fg away from winning the pitts game, by just a yard or two. it would have been a distance record at Heinz Field, like 50 yards or something. definitely in that one too. and that ravens game. DA and CO. had ten wins, w/ a possible 13 or 14 winnable.

it's gotta be homoerotic, it's just gotta be. especially the way you all try to flip it and call realism for DA's play a "manwagon". to me it's akin to the prepubescent "skunk smells his own hole first".

this has been a pretty cool social experiment i must say, and i've learned quite a bit about the vocal cross-section of my peer fan base through it. come out come out, wherever you are.

You know what I dont understand, DA is tall, and lanky, and has a cannon....

Why the hell does he get so many passes batted down at the line, wheras quinn is shorter and it doesnt happen, I can gurantee almost 1-2 batted down balls a game from him, it makes no sense, it is even listed in his scouting report that he gets an unusual number of balls batted down at the line for his size.

which games were these? do the leg work for me and i'll check it out. if i see you are correct, you will get what's due you. but....i believe ur counting ghosts. check out some NFL.

Are you kidding Zombo? I saw that spelling and was ROTF!

There are so many intelligent posters on this board, so it's that the kind of stuff that keeps this board so much fun....There has to be some comic relief.

you should never confuse intelligence with spelling Old Crow. it always says much more about you than it ever does them.

i could post proper grammer, if i chose, and exactly where would it get me?

since when does a fan in the stands need proper grammer anyway? what a bunch of fickle fux.

not to speak for medicineman, but you're not worth his time or effort to do so IMO.

i see a bunch of bullies piling on, chastizing a fellow Brownie for bleeding Brown and Orange.

form follows function, and i recognize passion when i see it.

somewhere along the way you guys have gotten seriously confused.

all you snobs can lick my plate, you dog dicks.

Wow, what a condecending snooty post. "do the legwork for me and you'll get your due"---WTF is that supposed to mean? Are you going to mail him a check? I'm sorry but getting my "due" from fringo is hardly the door prize I hoped for.

how so? seems fair enough to me. make an assessment, back it up. it takes leather balls to play rugby, spec.

Why the hell does he get so many passes batted down at the line, wheras quinn is shorter and it doesnt happen, I can gurantee almost 1-2 batted down balls a game from him

why do i need to research something i know to be completely false? he addressed me, it's up to him to prove his point. and this definitely needs some backing up. it's more like the inverse of the truth.

furthermore, DA is about as lanky these days as Peyton Manning.

it's ok if you don't value credit from me. it isn't for you anyway. why do you think they rarely reply even when you try to defend them? personally i would take much satisfaction proving sisky fringo wrong. ;)

i'm not saying i'm always right, but i'll admit if i'm wrong. sometimes getting your due from someone is more about the person wrong giving something up, rather than the correct person earning some "reward".

you should never confuse intelligence with spelling Old Crow. it always says much more about you than it ever does them.

i could post proper grammer, if i chose, and exactly where would it get me?

since when does a fan in the stands need proper grammer anyway? what a bunch of fickle fux.

not to speak for medicineman, but you're not worth his time or effort to do so IMO.

i see a bunch of bullies piling on, chastizing a fellow Brownie for bleeding Brown and Orange.

form follows function, and i recognize passion when i see it.

somewhere along the way you guys have gotten seriously confused.

all you snobs can lick my plate, you dog dicks.

Sisky, Don't worry about your grammar, spelling, first person, third person or Shakespeare. We've all gone at it in here so all you gotta do is make a point and try to prove it with examples.

SOME of us pack a punch for Lummy's frat boys going Hallmark for Derek Anderson in here everyday. I don't think you're in this category based on what I've seen. You had a really insightful strength and conditioning take I enjoyed not too long ago so there's more to you. Not only that, but student body west roots against the Browns when DA doesn't start. Hence, their reception or lack thereof in here. I can't speak for anyone else but I've disagreed with fans in 1 thread and gave them a "thatta boy" in another.

I'd LIKE to straighten you out about DA having more than enough auditions to show us a "progressing QB." Again, Brian Sipe WON games, which WON hearts here over the first round hotshot. That said, the first round hotshot got plenty of auditions to prove himself before Sipe did this. If we gave up Paul Warfield to GET Phipps at #3 overall - it wasn't gonna be EASY to prefer another QB to Phipps. Just know there's ALOT of Sipe fans that aren't seeing Sipe's composure, intellect or accuracy in DA. Nor are they seeing better with every start or an ability to overcome a shakey start by closing the game with confident brilliance that gives us a W.

The lingering SHOCK around here is that we gave an expensive golden invitation for an audition to Brady Quinn while we opted to give tenure to the guy with the invitation on recycled paper. Doesn't make sense. We obvioulsy weren't on our way to a post season last year NOR should we have allowed DA to start the SF game the year before IF we had a 1st round alternative following 4 INTs at Cincy. Commentators everywhere without ego to fulfill wondered why the Browns wouldn't get BQ a start in a meaningless game with SF. All this pretention we had Brett Favre in tenure over here only infuriorated fans further. If we did it right, we'd KNOW what Brady Quinn has. Training camp battles don't prove shit when you remember Frye WON the job without 1 TD pass in 4 preseason games in 07.

I think Ballpeen said it best - winning cures all. It's the difference between a Kurt Warner story and an early midnight for Cinderella.

- Tom F.

The lingering SHOCK around here is that we gave an expensive golden invitation for an audition to Brady Quinn while we opted to give tenure to the guy with the invitation on recycled paper. Doesn't make sense. We obvioulsy weren't on our way to a post season last year NOR should we have allowed DA to start the SF game the year before IF we had a 1st round alternative following 4 INTs at Cincy. Commentators everywhere without ego to fulfill wondered why the Browns wouldn't get BQ a start in a meaningless game with SF.

- Tom F.

i certainly can't disagree with you there Flugel. Rac was still trying to win games when he should have been reviewing the roster. i try to give the head coach some credit though, because it doesn't make sense.

why would he do that? it could be that his preference is "W's" rather than potentially hanging up the season, but politics say that the fans would endure possible losses with a rookie at the helm-especially if said rookie is Brady Quinn. i know i'd understand.

which brings me full circle to the possibility Quinn's grip of Chud's offense was the problem. had he reported to camp on time it couldn't have hurt his chances coming into that SF game, that's for sure. a holdout before the sophomore class year-not as much of a big deal.

having the opportunity to attend Chud University the day the school opened, and holding-out for essentially the same contract result, is something i still hold against him. in my mind it's a piece of the "how did we get here" puzzle, and one we shouldn't ignore. wide-eyed rookies need accountability too, especially when their selfish decisions might be hindering the plans of an 800 million dollar business who just mortgaged the future to get him in here NOW.

to give Phil a parting gift, i recognize his attempts to put some pieces in place, but Baxter, Bentley, Staph, Quinn holdout, hammies, ugh. how dismal. he might just want to focus on finding that voodoo doll and destroying it before filling out any more applications.

just imagine--if Quinn played that game and won maybe it would have started a chain of events leading to Derek not having been declared the starter last year and right now we'd have a whole new situation entirely. (!) but he didn't, and we don't have all the facts. then again, maybe it would still be the exact same since Quinn doesn't appear to be head and shoulders above DA. cuz that's what we need in all honesty is improvement upon what we had in '08. if one of them squeaks by the other in camp this year ill probably freak out. but i hope it's Quinn if one does, cuz this fanbase needs to know the truth, either way.

which games were these? do the leg work for me and i'll check it out. if i see you are correct, you will get what's due you. but....i believe ur counting ghosts. check out some NFL.

Of you want game tape, Im sorry I dont have any.. mostly due to the fact that no one would actually waste the time or film of putting together a DA suckage collection

But what I do have for you is scouting reports (with links), and exerpts from articles that state this as a fact....

Enjoy:

][/size]At Oregon State he was known for throwing interceptions and being indecisive in the pocket. Along with 79 TD’s he had 57 interceptions. In 2003 his 24 picks tied a Pac-10 season record. One scouting report read, "He fumbled 23 times, 14 resulting in turnovers and his indecision in the pocket resulted in him being sacked 95 times." Another college scouting report said he gets passes batted down at the line, and that he "locks in on a receiver." In his two games this year Anderson has had two passes batted down and two interceptions, but seems to have conquered the field awareness issue. His two interceptions have been on poor throws.

http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?...mp;view=archive

hen, factor in his terrible decision to go for it Sunday on a 4th-and-goal, instead of kicking a field goal, which would have made it a 14-6 (ONE POSSESSION!) game with over five minutes left. You have to get points in that situation. You absolutely, positively MUST get points.

And what happens? Anderson has his 14th pass batted down at the line of scrimmage, we turn it over on downs, and find ourselves down TWO possessions with five minutes left.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/70998-d...nnel-need-to-go

QB Derek Anderson struggled, especially in the second half. He looked flustered and confused the entire game. His accuracy was terrible and he got several balls batted down at the line of scrimmage. Anderson was lucky to only throw three interceptions.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2008/0...recap-cle-3.php

On the next play, Anderson's third-down pass was batted down by Jason Taylor....

Anderson's fourth-down pass was batted down at 5:48 by Demetric Evans, who scraped off Hank Fraley.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...inconsiste.html

Would you like me to seve you some more Fringo?

PWNED!

P.S. Theres also a few of his college scouting reports that say he gets alot of passes bated down for a guy his height.

P.S.S.

Oh, and before you respond, make sure to take DA's nuts out of your mouth, I cant understand you otherwise

i do appreciate the time you spent putting that together....but that's only two NFL examples, while you claimed at least two per game.

i have all the games myself, no need to link anything btw.

so you cite one by the skins premier defensive end and one in san fran that was probably due to Fraley missing his block--coulda happened to anybody. and phuck college stats.

keep movin' along folks.....nothing to see here.....

i certainly can't disagree with you there Flugel. Rac was still trying to win games when he should have been reviewing the roster. i try to give the head coach some credit though, because it doesn't make sense.

why would he do that? it could be that his preference is "W's" rather than potentially hanging up the season, but politics say that the fans would endure possible losses with a rookie at the helm-especially if said rookie is Brady Quinn. i know i'd understand.

which brings me full circle to the possibility Quinn's grip of Chud's offense was the problem.

If grip on the offense was your concern, what in the 2007 preseason made you feel good about Frye and DA combining for 1 TD pass? Compare that to Quinn's first outing same preseason and tell me who had better grip to let er rip. The guy gettign a fraction of the reps shouldn't have looked so much better than the other 2 clowns but he did.

DA's first 3 starts were 0-3 football with start #3 being a 4 INT performance vrs the TB team we coin flipped for the 3rd overall pick in 2007. Meanwhile, Quinn's first 2 starts we avaeraged 30 points and won half those starts. Better grip? Think about it.

Furthermore, when DA regressed - that's a lost grip. You are what your record say you are 4-12. We didn't need to get rid of Trent Dilfer if that's all we wanted.

Chud came here for 1 reason and that was to find the BEST way to utilize the TE named Winslow. When Winslow says he prefers Quinn as his starter - guess what's going on with grip of the offense?

That Oakland game wouldn't have been close enough for comfort without Cribbs returning a kick for a score. Neither would the 2nd Steelers game in 07 if we subtracted Cribbs 2 kickoff returns that trevalled more than 93 yards. Go get the game summary of the 07 rematch at Pitt and count the number of second half 3 and outs led by DA. You'll see why the D was exhausted. You'll also see why none of the REAL AFC contenders took our 10-6 very seriously. We couldn't beat 1 AFC playoff team or anyone with more than 8 wins in our conference.

When Charlie Weis told his buddy RAC this is your best QB already (on draft day) - what do suppose the message was? He's SMART, NFL-ready and 1st round justifiable. Playing deaf, dumb and blind to that led to a lot of pink slips including Chud. I don't feel bad for anyone that was a part of that absurdity because 1 scoreboard after another declared us losers.

- Tom F.

so he backs it up and now you say oo that is not enough,

You say phuck collage stats when it goes against the angle you are pushing but i bet if they backed you up you would not say that.

If you think it was due to Fraley missing his block prove it. you say you have all the games.

Archived