THE BROWNS BOARD

How likely, now, do you'all think it is, that the Browns trade down from #2?

calfoxwc

I don't think we trade down. I think we keep the pick and turn Joe T in to another 1st round pick...I don't see the point in keeping him, his value it at the top now. Turn him in to a pass rusher. Teams already neutralize him by putting their best pass rusher on the other side.

Trade Joe T if we want to get better.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I would almost guarantee that either Wentz, Goff or Lynch will be there at #32. Spend our #2 overall on a player that makes the players around him better. Get Bosa, Jack, Ramsey or even Tunsil. Please, I'm begging the F.O., please do not take one of these QB's at #2 overall... Unless it's Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, which these guys are not.

You also think Manziel is a good at something other than being a drunk.

I don't think we trade down. I think we keep the pick and turn Joe T in to another 1st round pick...I don't see the point in keeping him, his value it at the top now. Turn him in to a pass rusher. Teams already neutralize him by putting their best pass rusher on the other side.

Trade Joe T if we want to get better.

Thanks, Ghoolie Jr.

It must be the water in Tennessee that gives both you guys the anti-JT gene mutation. No? :)

As we are all witnessing the housecleaning job done by our new staff, I'm starting to consider the fact we may trade down if the price is right. We are losing a lot of players, some of our best, and we won't be able to plug every hole in one offseason. We will need more draft picks in the future...and high ones. I'm also starting to see more and more mock drafts that have us taking Jalen Ramsey at #2. I've been clammoring for this a while now as a viable option to taking a QB at #2 IF our talent guys don't give Wentz or Goff a high enough grade. Generally, corners/safeties aren't taken this high, but this draft appears to me as low on high end talent, and Ramsey is NOT a normal player. His stats might not be eye-popping, but he's killer against the run, a ridiculous athlete, and can play several positions. He'd basically be a new toy for the defense and we could experiment with him. I'm NOT saying he will be Troy Palumalu, but I am saying that's the kind of player I see him as. Rushing the QB, covering deep, and supporting the run. Oh, he's also got his shit together OFF the field too.

Another option...one I don't see happening...is for us to take Ramsey (or someone else) and then trade back into the first round for a QB. Goff and Wentz aren't going to slide, and I don't favor Lynch AT ALL, but perhaps Cook (I know...not my fav) or someone else of his ilk. I don't see us giving up resources to trade up, but who knows.

And then there is the Kaepernick situation. But the thing is...Kaepernick doesn't seem better than a healthy McCown, right? But I guess that's the rub, as McCown hasn't completed a full season (I THINK).

Does anybody think that Denver could draft Lynch at the end of round one, and he

could eventually turn out to be Elway II ?

Doesn't have a horseface though.... just read that in some mock.

Archived