63 members have voted

1. 1. Happy?

• Love it - we have loads of holes to fill
    • Hate it - we should have picked a QB
    • We'll see, need to hit on the picks though

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a steal only if the FO hits on those picks. how many years now have we had many, many picks and maybe 2-3 players are actually still on the squad and actually starting?

pass on wentz or goff and one becomes montana or elway and all those picks mean doodley squat.

On the flip side we take one of them and they are a Weeden, Quinn, Couch or Manziel then the player we could of taken becomes a pro bowler....it is all a gamble ...just happy I dont have to make the decision

Another rumor ........ we are taking Tunsil at 2 and trading Joe Thomas and his contract ......... smokescreens galore everywhere.

Says Lions and Seahawks fancy trading for Thomas .....believe that when I see it

If Browns Stay At No. 2, Some GMs Believe They'll Take Laremy Tunsil & Try To Trade Joe Thomas http://bit.ly/1SiqlBU

Per a story on Bleacher Report, the following trade is rumored.

Browns send:

2016 1st round pick (#2)

Eagles send:

2016 1st round pick (#8) Tenn 1 to 15

2016 3rd (#77) Tenn got 43

2016 3rd (#79) Tenn got 45

2017 1st Same

2017 3rd Tenn got 76 this season

If true, a steal by the Browns.

tuff call, like Tenn. 1st next season vs Eagles.30 off in player value needs closer to maybe 10-15? Than maybe a deal..

Does two thirds really make up for no second... the one they don't have?

I guess it depends on how deep the position is that the Browns

would hope to draft for....

who knows, I don't.

Rams did not come to us for a reason. Why are we dealing with #8Philly & not 49'er at #7? Good Lord, get me to draft night please..

Depends on how much you devalue the 2017 picks...

If by half, then it's a good deal... a fair deal.

If by one round, then it's a bad deal.

One round per year is the rule of thumb I've heard.

Still leaves them a tad shy, jcam...

Our #2 overall = 2600

Their 2016 #8, 77 and 79 = 1800

Their 2017 #8 (#40) and 40 (72) = 730.

Still leaves them a tad shy, jcam...

Our #2 overall = 2600

Their 2016 #8, 77 and 79 = 1800

Their 2017 #8 (#40) and 40 (72) = 730.

Under normal circumstances I can see that point, but we are talking a team gutted by Chip and not likely to recover much in one year. Those 2017 picks are likely worth just a tad more, making it a pretty good deal. I'm sure we tried to get a 2017 2nd out of 'em though. No harm in trying.

a steal only if the FO hits on those picks. how many years now have we had many, many picks and maybe 2-3 players are actually still on the squad and actually starting?

pass on wentz or goff and one becomes montana or elway and all those picks mean doodley squat.

Let's say just for the hell of it there is a 60/40 chance the browns blow it. I still make that trade. They are picking up all those picks and moving down a measly 6 spots. Signing rg3 as far as I'm concerned all but guaranteed they weren't going first round qb this season.

Another rumor ........ we are taking Tunsil at 2 and trading Joe Thomas and his contract ......... smokescreens galore everywhere.

Says Lions and Seahawks fancy trading for Thomas .....believe that when I see it

If Browns Stay At No. 2, Some GMs Believe They'll Take Laremy Tunsil & Try To Trade Joe Thomas http://bit.ly/1SiqlBU

I say bull on this Eagles stuff. No one is trading up to #2 until the Rams pick their QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654027/article/browns-actively-shopping-no-2-eagles-interested

Actively shopping? I say gauging value.

Maybe the Niners would want to trade up to get their pick for sure.

they have twelve picks in this draft. maybe... include a player....Eli Harold?

But they need more help than the Browns do.

Or, pass on them, they become David Carr and Joey Harrington, and then it is a good thing.

Per a story on Bleacher Report, the following trade is rumored.

Browns send:

2016 1st round pick (#2)

Eagles send:

2016 1st round pick (#8)

2016 3rd (#77)

2016 3rd (#79)

2017 1st

2017 3rd

I heard that it would be only for one of the 3rd rounders this year, not both. But both sounds better, yea.

Rams did not come to us for a reason. Why are we dealing with #8Philly & not 49'er at #7? Good Lord, get me to draft night please..

Yea, the reason is that we only had #2, not #1, and the Rams thought someone else could go up to get the guy they wanted at #1 if they traded at #2 for us.

Again....apparently in the scouting circles of these teams some see a vast difference between these top 2 guys.

I say bull on this Eagles stuff. No one is trading up to #2 until the Rams pick their QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654027/article/browns-actively-shopping-no-2-eagles-interested

Actively shopping? I say gauging value.

Sure, but a tentative trade can be worked out pending the Rams taking their pick. Then they would just have to finalize it when the Browns are on the clock.

Or, pass on them, they become David Carr and Joey Harrington, and then it is a good thing.

but your opinion means shit just as mine. only one of us will be going 'told you so' in 3-4 years. mel kiper, todd mcshay, adam schefter, ron jaworski........you have just as good a shot as calling a 'good' pick as them.

but i don't like the fact that a QB 'guru' will pass on wentz or goff. tells me these guys like rg3 way too much and that's not a good thing.

Grossi: I was told, there is a chance this trade could be done before the draft. #Browns

Deal is we switch ones and take their first 3rd rounder this year and we get 1 and 3 next year

I would like their other number 3 too for one of our late 5th rounders if we cannot get both done in the original deal

but your opinion means shit just as mine. only one of us will be going 'told you so' in 3-4 years. mel kiper, todd mcshay, adam schefter, ron jaworski........you have just as good a shot as calling a 'good' pick as them.

but i don't like the fact that a QB 'guru' will pass on wentz or goff. tells me these guys like rg3 way too much and that's not a good thing.

Or, IT IS a good thing.....like you said, none of us know for sure. To me, if our QB guru is willing to pass on those guys in favor or RG...it says they are not high on them at all, and they are high on him.

They are the ones that ultimately get to make the call, not us.

Archived