Eagles Trade Confirmed

Suomi

Happy?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Happy?

• Love it - we have loads of holes to fill
    • Hate it - we should have picked a QB
    • We'll see, need to hit on the picks though

The poll shouldn't have included the part about hitting on the picks. I mean really, who goes in to it not wanting to hit on the picks?

I had to abstain as well since both QBs were lumped together...

No man...that is the great part of the deal. If we have to send off our 1st the following year to land Watson(QB), we then have two second rounders in that draft. We don't miss much at all.

Problem is the NPV (net present value)... A 2nd two-years removed is the equivalent of a 4th today.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read "wrestler" I think DT not OL. Maybe he's on the wrong side of the ball... ;)

It's quite the opposite, actually. Most successful OL, at any level, have a background in wrestling...probably more than DL.

There's much more body control needed for an OL than a DL. A DL can get away with being a raw athlete, either in brute strength or sheer speed. Keeping your center, maintaining leverage, hand-fighting, core strength - all tenets of strong offensive line play as well as wrestling.

Think of it this way....DL are paid to get off of OL. OL are paid to stay on top of DL.

Now, I'm not saying that DL don't benefit from being wrestlers. But if I were to take a wrestler and transition him to football, the first place I'd throw him is on the OL. It'd be a much more natural transition and the skillset would likely transfer better there.

After watching Sashi Brown's presser today, I really like the trade down. They

have an intelligent criteria for the type of players they want to have on the team.

So, more players = more benefit.

Makes me wonder if Miami will now trade up to 8 for Elliot, and what

that trade would get the Browns... it would be great to have another

2nd round pick in this draft....

After watching Sashi Brown's presser today, I really like the trade down. They

have an intelligent criteria for the type of players they want to have on the team.

So, more players = more benefit.

Makes me wonder if Miami will now trade up to 8 for Elliot, and what

that trade would get the Browns... it would be great to have another

2nd round pick in this draft....

I think Jerry Jones is going to draft Elliot, but anything can happen.

There is a lot to consider.

FO isn't keen on both QB's turning into or showing that they are franchise, build around this QB, kind of QB. That is the FO's right to be able to make that decsion, we have to trust in that.

RG3 has some experience, and still might show glimpses of his rookie year. But if he doesn't, we don't have a QB that is getting killed behind a potentially mediocre OL.

We have a ton of holes to fill. WE can fill those hopefully with the draft.

It's not written in stone yet. Still much can happen with that #8 pick.

Isn't this the old Belichick tactic of getting as many pics as possible? Seems to work for him.

As for getting the picks right, that is a must. I think the FO recognizes that and that is one reason we saw the exodus of many of the scouts.

I think the FO realizes the pressure on them to get this draft right from the get go! The more picks, the better the chance to nail 3 or 4 good picks. We do realize that some will blow, that happens to all teams, but the more picks we have, the better, I believe, that the odds will be on our side.

It's quite the opposite, actually. Most successful OL, at any level, have a background in wrestling...probably more than DL.

There's much more body control needed for an OL than a DL. A DL can get away with being a raw athlete, either in brute strength or sheer speed. Keeping your center, maintaining leverage, hand-fighting, core strength - all tenets of strong offensive line play as well as wrestling.

Think of it this way....DL are paid to get off of OL. OL are paid to stay on top of DL.

Now, I'm not saying that DL don't benefit from being wrestlers. But if I were to take a wrestler and transition him to football, the first place I'd throw him is on the OL. It'd be a much more natural transition and the skillset would likely transfer better there.

Interesting... when I think Wrestler, first player I think of is Jerry Sherk, All American wrestler at OU. That I think primarily of Defenders when it comes to trench players using their hands shows my age.

But John Madden apparently agrees with you...

"I would have all my offensive linemen wrestle if I could." -John Madden - Hall of Fame NFL Coach

Found this site with more names than you'll care to read. http://www.sectiononewrestling.com/documents/nfl_players_wrestled.html

• Of those listed who wrestled to a minimum of a HS, State Championship level and had an appreciable NFL career, the count was 25 OL over 15 DL.
  • LBs followed with 7 and RBs (including FBs) with 6... Ray Lewis was a two-time Florida HS Champ.
  • There's one LS, one SS (Coy Wire), and one WR (Roddy White).
  • One QB (Steve Everett) was culled due to no achievement listed. Bo Jackson was a RB cull.

Wrestlers in NFL.txt

finally a man that stands behind his convictions.

(i'll have my wife PM you if i'm dead before then so.....LOL or :( )

Thot the same thing actually. Maybe my wife and yours can sit around and drink bullshitting how much time we spent watching sports.

There is a real possibility that we hold the first and second pick in next year's draft.

We obviously would trade them and could you imagine the picks you would have spread across multiple drafts? Mind boggling.

Nope, we'll trade one of them, and take Watson.

Somehow I missed yesterday that the final #2 in the deal was a 2018 and not a 2017...

Took some of the shine off the deal for me, but it's still ammo if we ever need to trade up for... oh... say... a QB...

Sashi said 2017 didn't come into the equation making the trade- but potentially having two high picks (the negative Nancy in me says Browns top 5 fer sure) means the QOTF is in the works next year- unless Hue has a gem this year he thinks he can develop. Um, Cardale AKA 12 Guage, how did you do on your Wunderlich?

We go all in on RG3 this season. Take Prescott as a developmental QB.

If RG3 wins...hell yes. We have a 26 year old former first round pick at QB. It's Drew Brees in NO all over again.

If RG3 loses...hell yes. We have two first round picks, one of which is likely quite high, in a draft that has Deshaun Watson - a QB that is likely a better prospect than any of the QB's for the last two-three years.

Once the "losing Wentz" shellshock wore off, this trade made a crazy amount of sense.

We go all in on RG3 this season. Take Prescott as a developmental QB.

If RG3 wins...hell yes. We have a 26 year old former first round pick at QB. It's Drew Brees in NO all over again.

If RG3 loses...hell yes. We have two first round picks, one of which is likely quite high, in a draft that has Deshaun Watson - a QB that is likely a better prospect than any of the QB's for the last two-three years.

Once the "losing Wentz" shellshock wore off, this trade made a crazy amount of sense.

This is what I've been telling most of my friends as the "resident Browns fan". Normally I'd hate this trade because it means starting the same boring ass over the hill QB play below average and win 4-5 games. This year is so much different because RG3 is a boom or bust plan. If he gets back to rookie form and stays healthy, we might have stolen a franchise guy who is still has many prime years. If he perhaps more likely goes down in flames and gets hurt, we suck ass and have a great shot with two first round picks to land a guy like Watson. It's MUCH more of an exciting QB proposition than the shit we've dealt with in "bridge" years.

Here is an alternative poll:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/should_the_cleveland_browns_ha.html

The two YES alternatives combined lead the two combined NO alternatives almost 4 to 1.

Still a difference between asking about staying for "a QB" in a single question and "for Goff" and "for Wentz" in two separate questions. Where I cannot say stay for "a QB", I would say stay for my QB.

It's like saying "70% of the country does not like the direction we are headed in" when 35% thinks we're too conservative and 35% thinks we're too liberal.

Archived