Eagles Trade Confirmed

Suomi

Happy?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Happy?

• Love it - we have loads of holes to fill
    • Hate it - we should have picked a QB
    • We'll see, need to hit on the picks though

Deal is we switch ones and take their first 3rd rounder this year and we get 1 and 3 next year

Only one of their 2016 3rds would make this a really bad deal...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one of their 2016 3rds would make this a really bad deal...

I agree, unless they include a young, productive current starter like maybe Fletcher Cox? If we tip the scales, tip 'em OUR way!

Mike

I'd cry tears of joy if that happened.

Me too, but forget NEXT year's stuff (a total unknown). If we made the trade as outlined above, we'd be screwed for THIS year. I'd rather we screw them than they screw us.

Mike

Me too, but forget NEXT year's stuff (a total unknown). If we made the trade as outlined above, we'd be screwed for THIS year. I'd rather we screw them than they screw us.

Mike

Screwed by picking six picks lower and having two extra day 2 picks? Eagles aren't contending this year -Giants and Skins are the team to beat in the NFC east, and they sure as hell aren't getting a wild card. That pick is top 20.

I agree, unless they include a young, productive current starter like maybe Fletcher Cox? If we tip the scales, tip 'em OUR way!

Some may remember I proposed going after him last year and with Kelly there, who knows?

But Pederson (sp?) took Cox off the table (say what?) a couple days ago...

The Philadelphia Eagles are not going to trade Fletcher Cox. But don't just take my word for it. (That's) what Eagles executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman had to say in a media session on Monday

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654501/article/eagles-acquire-no-2-overall-draft-pick-from-browns

For the second time in less than a week, an NFL team has made a bold move to potentially draft a franchise quarterback.

The Philadelphia Eagles acquired the No. 2 overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft in a trade with theCleveland Browns on Wednesday, the Eagles announced. Philadelphia will receive a 2017 fourth-round pick along with the No. 2 pick in exchange for five picks, including this year's and next year's first rounders.

The deal puts Philadelphia in a prime position to select one of the two quarterbacks that every NFL Media draft analyst has projected as the first players set to be taken off the draft board in Chicago on April 28. Cal's Jared Goff and North Dakota State's Carson Wentz are expected to be the first two selections of the draft.

For the Eagles, the move to No. 2 gives executive vice president Howie Roseman and new coach Doug Pederson a promising opportunity to mold the direction of the franchise for years to come. Last year's offseason acquisition of Sam Bradford -- a former No. 1 overall pick -- did little to bolster theEagles' offense in 2015. Until Tuesday, the Eagles were poised go with Bradford and former Kansas City Chiefs backup Chase Daniel as their quarterbacks for 2016.

The Eagles-Browns trade comes six days after the Los Angeles Rams pulled off a blockbuster dealwith the Tennessee Titans to secure the draft's No. 1 overall pick.

Around The NFL will have more on the trade soon.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-Eagles-agree-to-trade-of-1st-round-draft-picks-other-selections/9d0667e4-ed78-4e13-95de-067103f33f6b

The Browns and Eagles agreed Wednesday to a trade of first-round picks and other selections in the 2016, 2017 and 2018 drafts.

Cleveland will trade Philadelphia its 2016 first-round selection (No. 2 overall) and a conditional 2017 fourth-round selection for Philadelphia’s 2016 first-round selection (No. 8), third-round selection (No. 77), fourth-round selection (No. 100) along with the Eagles’ 2017 first-round pick and a 2018 second-round pick.

The important piece is that we get a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for moving 6 spots. I still don't like it though, but gotta give these guys a chance to show up I suppose.

Number 65 and 77 are both interesting bargaining pieces to move into the early 2nd for a QB they might be targeting.

Its a nice haul from a trade perspective but if Wentz turns out to be a legit franchise QB it will be another chapter of the Browns ineptitude in the draft.

Wentz is already gone to the Rams.

Eagles just took Goff.

Awesome trade if we weren't that in to Goff.

Zombo

--RG3 is having a good week

Eagles just took Goff.

... or vice versa...

First, Third, Fourth, 2017 First, 2017 Second.

We now have picks

#8 - #32 - #65 - #77 - #99 - #100 - #138 - #141 - #172 - #173 - #176 - #223

We gave up 2,600 points, got back 2,005 points in this draft plus next year's first and second.

... or about 750 points in future value. It's like Sashi has been playing FirstPick for a couple months.

My guess is that it is not over. Too much value in R2 to not package some picks and move up.

Eagles just took Goff.

Zombo

--RG3 is having a good week

Whether the Eagles take Goff or the Rams do, the fact the Browns passed on either is the issue I have. Usually the Browns suck at sucking so they draft just out of reach of a top QB prospect, now they have a chance to get one and they opt to pass on it. Now matter how well you make the other parts of your team without a franchise QB you will never be better than mediocre.

You don't think the Rams are taking Wentz?

Only thing I "know" is that I would not. But most of the reporting I have seen seems to be saying Goff is the Rams' guy...

Another thing to think about, the Eagles gave up Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to move from 13 to 8. Would you have done the trade if we ended up at 13 but with those two guys?

Maxwell was a bust away from SEA and Kiko got hurt... again... so no, I would not.

Another thing to think about, the Eagles gave up Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell to move from 13 to 8. Would you have done the trade if we ended up at 13 but with those two guys?

No.......the Browns in this trade with the Eagles should have made Fletcher Cox a condition of the trade, give them back their 2017 1st rounder in exchange for Cox or no deal and trade with the 49ers if they wanted to drop back.

Archived