Suomi

Happy?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Happy?

• Love it - we have loads of holes to fill
    • Hate it - we should have picked a QB
    • We'll see, need to hit on the picks though

This is a legit possibility.

I suspect the Tits will wanna trade up for Stanley, presuming he's available at #8. If we could get #15 and a 2nd it would be tempting, I suspect we're definitely not done wheeling and dealing yet.

The Titans 2d rounder is #33. Draft Value chart:

#8: 1400 pts.

#15: 1050

#33: 580

Total: 1630 Trading 1400 for 1630 could do it. We would have #15, #32, #33, then #65. Would that work?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screwed by picking six picks lower and having two extra day 2 picks? Eagles aren't contending this year -Giants and Skins are the team to beat in the NFC east, and they sure as hell aren't getting a wild card. That pick is top 20.

Which makes the trade worthwhile at least from a fairness perspective.

Its a nice haul from a trade perspective but if Wentz turns out to be a legit franchise QB it will be another chapter of the Browns ineptitude in the draft.

If Wentz and Goff turn into multiple Pro-Bowl quarterbacks, I'll be pissed beyond belief- but it's typical Browns.

On a different note, the Eagles certainly are head-scratchers at this point. They've committed $34 between their QB's and will certainly be taking one now and tying up another $20 million or so.

Not only that, but their draft cupboard is looking pretty bare right now. Are they planning on doing a George Allen, and building through FA? EDIT: that future second doesn't kick in until 2018.

... or about 750 points in future value. It's like Sashi has been playing FirstPick for a couple months.

My guess is that it is not over. Too much value in R2 to not package some picks and move up.

Shades of Costner in Draft Day- I could see that too Tour.

Future picks a key.....which is fine for 28-35 year old Harvard boys.....not so great for we in our 60s that want progress NOW!

I'm with you there, Gip.

What about LaQuan Treadwell at 8? Browns need playmakers.........and folks, please still do not discount the fact that they could go for Lynch.

You beat me to it with that thought Gip. If Lynch is still on the board @ #8, I could see us taking him- we did work him out. So getting Lynch, and bonus 1st and 2nd round picks next year would cool me off just a bit. Should that scenario come to pass Ghoolie will have an orgasm, and may even join us in Nashville.

If Zeke Elliott is still on the board there I have no problems drafting him either.

The Titans 2d rounder is #33. Draft Value chart:

#8: 1400 pts.

#15: 1050

#33: 580

Total: 1630 Trading 1400 for 1630 could do it. We would have #15, #32, #33, then #65. Would that work?

I would actually be pretty happy with that - depends on how badly the Tits want Stanley

Then we'd have what - 13 picks total? There'll likely be some more trading throughout the draft as I presume we won't draft 12 guys.

Treadwell might be there at #15 too

Eagles fan is on board with the trade.

LMAO... love the anger On-Off switch when checks to see who is calling...

Has our drive-angry fan posted yet?

FYI... Walter Football gave us an A+ for the trade. They have no clue what the Eagles are thinking...

Well, if the Eagles wind up with the next Tom Brady, and the Browns wind up with the next Phil Taylor, just switch Browns for Eagles in that rant. Obvious now at least a couple teams value both Wentz and Goff as potential franchise quarterbacks- and Sushi and DePodcaster think they've outsmarted everyone else.

FYI... Walter Football gave us an A+ for the trade. They have no clue what the Eagles are thinking...

Walter also thought the Redskins trade up for RG III was the right and correct move. Now if the Eagles 2017 is top a 10, and ours (will almost certainly be top 10) we can pick the franchise qb next year.

Walter also thought the Redskins trade up for RG III was the right and correct move. Now if the Eagles 2017 is top a 10, and ours (will almost certainly be top 10) we can pick the franchise qb next year.

There is a lot of assumptions here and things have to fall properly for that to happen. There is no guarantee we will be able to do this, which is why passing on the QB in my opinion is short sighted.

Well, if the Eagles wind up with the next Tom Brady, and the Browns wind up with the next Phil Taylor, just switch Browns for Eagles in that rant. Obvious now at least a couple teams value both Wentz and Goff as potential franchise quarterbacks- and Sushi and DePodcaster think they've outsmarted everyone else.

And it remains to be seen if they did or they didn't. I am still thinking this is more David Carr/Joey Harrington rather than...something else....which I will create a thread on.

McShay and Kiper double teaming the board on NFL Live seeing the following:

Their pick: #8 Conklin...

and the rest of their instant mock went:

32. Will Fuller (WR) ND

65. Nick Martin © ND

77. Jihad Ward (DE) IL

99. Nick Kwiatkoski (ILB) WVU

100. Javon Hargrave (DT) SCarSt

... and Kiper doubled down on Conklin saying, "He might be the best player in the draft." There might have been a bit of a double take from McShay at this...

The trade is good not only do we get their next years first, but the 2018 2nd rounder also now that's an impressive move and made the trade absolutely worth it for VALUE.

I was pretty convinced for about 11 months now that we would take Cardale Jones this year anyways and we got the picks i gotta say its g2g baby how you doing!

and the rest of their instant mock went:

32. Will Fuller (WR) ND

65. Nick Martin © ND

77. Jihad Ward (DE) IL

99. Nick Kwiatkoski (ILB) WVU

100. Javon Hargrave (DT) SCarSt

... and Kiper doubled down on Conklin saying, "He might be the best player in the draft." There might have been a bit of a double take from McShay at this...

We are NOT taking Conklin @ #8. Sorry about that Mel.

We are NOT taking Conklin @ #8. Sorry about that Mel.

I love Conklin and whatever team gets him will likely also love him.

But not at #8. He can be had at #15, trade back with Tennessee if you're gonna go for him. Hell, he might be had at #22. Trade back with Houston.

There is a real possibility that we hold the first and second pick in next year's draft.

We obviously would trade them and could you imagine the picks you would have spread across multiple drafts? Mind boggling.

Brilliant. True rebuild. Though I don't see how the Eagles finish last.

It's hairspray, dude. :)

Beat me to it...

This. If the Ravens prove they can turn him into a perfectly acceptable 3-4 hybrid....I hope you all get syphilis

And if he doesn't? ;)

Though I don't see how the Eagles finish last.

New, first-time HC... New systems... Fragile starting QB... Turnover on D... Strong Division... Play the AFCN and NFCN plus ATL and SEA...

Not the easiest of 2016....

I love Conklin and whatever team gets him will likely also love him.

Good story, but on-field... what did I miss?

Beat me to it...

And if he doesn't? ;)

New, first-time HC... New systems... Fragile starting QB... Turnover on D... Strong Division... Play the AFCN and NFCN plus ATL and SEA...

Not the easiest of 2016....

That it? ;)

Good story, but on-field... what did I miss?

The best prospects aren't always perfect on-field specimens...especially when it comes to the trenches. Intangibles matter heavily when it comes to the hog mollies.

His history, work ethic and demeanor, coupled with the fact that he's already awfully technically sound, all likely point to a very long NFL career.

He's a Joe Thomas in the locker room, if he can develop into one on the field...even better. Even if he doesn't, he's still a starter-level player as it stands today.

Archived