THE BROWNS BOARD

Emmanuel Ogbah

SPEK216

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that's a fair criticism. Much better than the "this team sucks" mentality.

Do you want fair criticism? He's a body beautiful DE who questionably fits a 3-4, takes more than his fair share of plays off, and has a rather poor work ethic. He's purely a project player - much like our first round pick.

For a team that is supposedly revolutionizing the way their front office works, they are basically repeating the same garbage past regimes have done.

On their own, not terrible picks. But with what was currently on the board, very questionable draft board management. And IF those guys were truly at the top of their board, then that speaks to the fact that this scouting department is rating pure athleticism over anything else.

But because nobody can shit talk the Browns without being some type of "moron" - this will get diluted down to "fucking pussy boo hoo".

Do you want fair criticism? He's a body beautiful DE who questionably fits a 3-4, takes more than his fair share of plays off, and has a rather poor work ethic. He's purely a project player - much like our first round pick.

For a team that is supposedly revolutionizing the way their front office works, they are basically repeating the same garbage past regimes have done.

On their own, not terrible picks. But with what was currently on the board, very questionable draft board management. And IF those guys were truly at the top of their board, then that speaks to the fact that this scouting department is rating pure athleticism over anything else.

But because nobody can shit talk the Browns without being some type of "moron" - this will get diluted down to "fucking pussy boo hoo".

God damn fucking morons.

Yes we get it. The browns didn't take the guys you are crushing on.

Only time will tell if you, or all of the guys who actually get paid to make the decision are right.

I remember everyone loved Farmers first draft.....

EXACTLY........ Anyone, whether here on this forum or media idiots, declaring our or any team's draft is a winner or loser, is nothing more than a wannabe draft guru. Only time will tell, and it won't lie.

I don't know where the taking plays off criticism comes from, but I watched almost every OSU game last year and I regularly saw Ogbah chasing WRs, RBs, and TEs down after the lbs and DBs whiffed on tackles. That defense wasn't very good. Other than Peterson and Lampkin he had nothing around him. If you watch their games you will see a few games where he just dominates the competition.

Edit: I'm a Lions fan and I would of been happy if Lions picked him at 16. If Browns use him as a 4-3 DE he'll play well. He never played in coverage or out of a two point stance in College however.

I don't know where the taking plays off criticism comes from, but I watched almost every OSU game last year and I regularly saw Ogbah chasing WRs, RBs, and TEs down after the lbs and DBs whiffed on tackles. That defense wasn't very good. Other than Peterson and Lampkin he had nothing around him. If you watch their games you will see a few games where he just dominates the competition.

Thanks for the info.

EXACTLY........ Anyone, whether here on this forum or media idiots, declaring our or any team's draft is a winner or loser, is nothing more than a wannabe draft guru. Only time will tell, and it won't lie.

Time will tell has just been historically bad for us.

That being said I don't have any issue with the ogbah pick.

Time will tell has just been historically bad for us.

That being said I don't have any issue with the ogbah pick.

For sure, that's because she doesn't lie and no one can hide.

Connected guy I know saysNassib and Ogbah will both play OLB and rush passer

So why not just take a guy or two that actually have played OLB? Now we're counting on two guys to shed 15 pounds and learn new positions. It's odd.

Anyone with half a brain would have picked at least 20 other guys over Ogbah

So you are saying someone with half a brain would pick 20 others? Probably so considering half a brain would be a dumbass. thankfully we have someone with a WHOLE brain making the pick.

Ogbah was awesome during Sr. Bowl practices... but not in the game.

He was awesome in a couple games (or so I've heard), but the cut-downs I saw not so much. If a coach can find his "kill switch" and remove it, then maybe he works out.

Nassib? Just the opposite. All motor... but he lacks Ogbah's physical gifts... which can't be taught.

Dunno maybe we can mate them...

Or maybe we are going to a 4-3...

Beats the fuck outta me...

And doing what with them?

260 lb LBs across the field?

An Indy-style, undersized, 3-4 D from the 2000's?

First impressions from what I'm watching..

- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner

- Rarely uses his hands

- No counter move to speak of

- No setup move either

- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB

The good.

- Long arms

- Good burst and get off

- Decent strength

- Good awareness stacking and shedding to the ball carrier

I don't see the transition to backer going well without losing 10-15 pounds.

I still believe this team would have been better served by going Lawson, trading down, taking Michael Thomas then working from there. This kid is Krugers replacement in time, I feel Lawson was more naturally suited and already had reps at a similar SOLB spot.

Connected guy I know saysNassib and Ogbah will both play OLB and rush passer

Hue jackson has said in his presser after drafting nassib that he will play defensive end ur guy is wrong about him.

And doing what with them?

260 lb LBs across the field?

An Indy-style, undersized, 3-4 D from the 2000's?

I'd like to point out that Indy style defense was great when Peyton and Co. put up points but when the Patriots and Chargers were patient enough to run the ball - that defense had zero answer.

edit: Nassib is going to the 5tech. That simple.

First impressions from what I'm watching..

- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner

- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB

So a tweener?

I'd like to point out that Indy style defense was great when Peyton and Co. put up points but when the Patriots and Chargers were patient enough to run the ball - that defense had zero answer.

edit: Nassib is going to the 5tech. That simple.

What's a "tech"? ;)

I'd like to point out that I did not say Indy's style worked. It had it's moments (mostly when Bob Sanders was healthy) when they had a healthy lead, but more often, it did not pan out.

So a tweener?

What's a "tech"? ;)

I'd like to point out that I did not say Indy's style worked. It had it's moments (mostly when Bob Sanders was healthy) when they had a healthy lead, but more often, it did not pan out.

I was just enforcing the point that the Colts defense was built to rush the passer and play with a lead. When that wasn't the case they were taken to task for it.

Archived