THE BROWNS BOARD

SCOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYY!

wargograw

Fair enough... although I could argue ceilings are still comparable.

Higher ceiling? Bosa or Nassib?

too early to tell on Nassib. If Horton wants to make him an every down 5 tech than he's gonna have to get up to 300+. At 6'7 guys are gonna get underneath his pads constantly and push him around. As just a situational pass rusher than it's pretty obvious Bosa is going to have the more stellar career.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha!

- Eh, where we going?

- DawgPound!!!!!

- Wawawawawawa

HAHAHAH Scooby is the shit.

Mingo brings the 'bark'evious and Scooby's got the bite. Actually though, Mingo is looking beastly. Combined- Kruger, Mingo, Ogbah, Schobert, Scooby, Nassib, Cooper, Orchard and Shelton... that's a fucking Defense!

And this is stage 1.

Props to Farmer for Shelton and Heckert for Haden. Let's go, DawgPound! It's time!

People have suggested that Bosa has hit his ceiling, while Nassib has just started scratching the surface. That being said, I don't think anybody would argue that Bosa is the better player by some distance right now, and there's a distinct possibility that Nassib never even reaches that level.

Both somewhat physically limited as edge rushers, in terms of 'quick twitch' ability, Bosa has basically maximised everything. If Nassib reaches that level, I'll be happy.

Bosa is a typical big ten college player that was bigger and stronger than the other kids. Now it's a different story, either he elevates or becomes a regular guy. With a top three pick the Chargers think so. Time will tell.i know it's obvious but it is what it is.

Did you mean to say "Bosa is the better player right now by some distance"? Aka higher floor?

Absolutely. Bosa is the better player right now by some distance. Maybe Nassib continues his development trajectory and becomes an elite player, but Bosa, who by virtue of his hard work thus far is already close to his ceiling by some account, is already close to being pro-bowl level.

Similar to the Goff-Wentz debate, but this time I'm taking the as of now lesser player. Even though...

If it's between Nassib and Bosa at #3 overall, who do you take? If we could have had Wentz in the third round, then absolutely.

Bosa is a typical big ten college player that was bigger and stronger than the other kids. Now it's a different story, either he elevates or becomes a regular guy. With a top three pick the Chargers think so. Time will tell.i know it's obvious but it is what it is.

What made bosa one of the best prospects in years is that he often didn't use his physical strength to pass rush. He'd technique an ol out of his cleats. When he did use his strength it was always at precise times. This is what made me so high on the guy, it was the skill set of a veteran nfl pass rusher.

So not only is nassib not as quick and strong as bosa, he's even further behind on technique. Ceiling wise who the fuck knows with these kids.....but have you known a mediocre pass rusher to come out of college and bloom in the Browns organization? Cause we've drafted highly touted pass rushers who went on to do precisely dick in the nfl. Anybody's guess is as good as mine as to why that happens

So not only is nassib not as quick and strong as bosa, he's even further behind on technique.

No doubt that Bosa is stronger and more polished, but quicker??? Nassib had the faster 10-yd split at the combine.

Bosa has basically maximised everything. If Nassib reaches that level, I'll be happy.

How do you know bosa is maxed out? If I said nassib is at or near his max how could I prove that? We don't know how these kids are gonna progress. But like I said, have u seen a pass rusher drafted by the Browns make exponential developmental leaps while he was with us?

long strides. On the field you can't take those strides. Bosa was much quicker around the LOS.

I don't think that explains the 10-yd split. Longer without turns will not equal faster.

How do you know bosa is maxed out? If I said nassib is at or near his max how could I prove that? We don't know how these kids are gonna progress. But like I said, have u seen a pass rusher drafted by the Browns make exponential developmental leaps while he was with us?

Still worshipping at the shrine of Bosa, eh?

Six pages on Scooby.

He now surpasses Joaquin Gonzalez "the Cuban Messiah" as the second-most most hyped 7th rounder in Browns history.

Still a long way to go to catch Madre Hill.

We were a little giddy in 1999.

Zombo

--Reggie Langhorne, Eddie Johnson and Cody Risien were all seventh rounders, hoping Scooby is the next breakthrough

Pullard could still start for the Jags. His competition for MLB there is Paul Pozluzny ish.

...a pro-bowl veteran who has been the one defensive high point for them for years...

And, Miles Jack.. who we could have taken in the second.

...an elite linebacker wherever you put him.

But sure, Hayes will beat 'em all out. Keep drinking the pull-aid.

Garrett gilkey also had a lot of love around here. And don't forget gipper's one man infatuation with hayes pullard

Two-I liked that guy-never should have placed him on the PS where Jax picked him off and played him quite a bit at the end of last season.

...a pro-bowl veteran who has been the one defensive high point for them for years...

Posluzny is 32 years old. Pullard is like 22-23 and will "pull" some time at that spot.

Again, I think Mack plays a different spot.

Posluzny is 32 years old. Pullard is like 22-23 and will "pull" some time at that spot.

Again, I think Mack plays a different spot.

Mack is a solid 3-4 DE. Or a Center depending on which one you're talking about ;)

Mack is a solid 3-4 DE. Or a Center depending on which one you're talking about ;)

Myles Jack = M'ack :P

Jack...which I don't really know shit about, is considered an OLB:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/myles-jack?id=2555329

Hayes Pullard an ILB:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/hayes-pullard?id=2552313

Dante Fowler, Jags high first round pick last year is listed as OLB

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/dante-fowler,%20jr.?id=2552437

One thing for sure.....if Jack and Fowler live up to their supposed potential, the Jags could have a formidable defense.

(especially with Pullard in the middle of them :D

Jags run the seahawks 4-3. Fowler will be a DE in that scheme; Pullard would might be MLB/OLB, and Jack can go anywhere in that back three, but if he's healthy would probably end up being the mike, as that's where you put your 'QB of the defense' and that's how he's seen.

Jags run the seahawks 4-3. Fowler will be a DE in that scheme; Pullard would might be MLB/OLB, and Jack can go anywhere in that back three, but if he's healthy would probably end up being the mike, as that's where you put your 'QB of the defense' and that's how he's seen.

In other words, they could have a very versatile defense.....and all things considered the Jags could be the version of the Denver Broncos about two years hence. In other words, a force to be reckoned with.

Archived