THE BROWNS BOARD

SCOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYY!

wargograw

Velma is working for me.

Buttman?

Yet felt confident enough to tell someone else they were wrong? Strange. Consistent.

Fixed...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called him a bust. He looks like Nell Carter. His highlight film looked like flag football. This guy will not make the team. He blows.

Wut? So shedding 300lb pac 12 OL like he was some 300lb DT himself.....no credit? Chasing down fast qb's from behind, lining up at DE, routinely filling the right gap.....none of that registered?

Ok

Velma is working for me.

Zombo

Butt you gotta think, The Gip is holding back the Daphne pics? Stay tuned..

Can a seventh round pick really be a bust? What are the expectations for any seventh round pick? Especially one a few picks away from being undrafted.

Almost none, making the final roster an admirable goal. There have been a few gems.

http://sportsnaut.com/2015/04/nfl-draft-5-best-7th-round-picks-of-the-past-decade/

Except for Shaggy and Scooby I didn't know any of these character names. I was a child of the 60s, not the 70s or 80s.

Don't ask me any shit about like The Brady Bunch, or Saved by the Bell...I wasn't paying attention to stuff that appealed to kids. I figured I was an adult, I could watch adult programming rather than kid stuff. Not until the 90s when I had my own kids did I pay attention....and my kids weren't watching Scooby Doo.

I saw some Rugrats, and Barney, SpongeBob, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Blues Clues, some Ren and Stempy, Wishbone, plus movies.

Not to mention braying on about Harry Potter... ;)

WSS

Im iffy about a 6'7 5 tech. Especially one who isnt well north of 300lbs. I saw this on his college tape, to his credit he would turn his shoulders in to reclaim leverage and hold his own.....but you could often see how much he struggled in the interior to keep his pads down. He made his dinner coming off the edge where he could take more angles. In tne nfl the 34 DE had to be part mauler. He has to often protect the weakside backer so he has to be strong as shit but also be able to move.

Watt is 6'5-6'6 and 290ish.

Wut? So shedding 300lb pac 12 OL like he was some 300lb DT himself.....no credit? Chasing down fast qb's from behind, lining up at DE, routinely filling the right gap.....none of that registered?

Ok

That's the type of 1st step instinct that can make you a Pac 12 Defensive Player of the Year in 2014. When I watch film of Scooby, before I can even criticize his refrain from going the text book tackle route - he's usually in the process of prying the football loose. For those worried about the round we got him in - what Indy Combine/Workout assessment measures football instincts?

Z brought up some guys we landed previously in round 7 that I'll re-introduce below. Back when this franchise participated in playoffs, we found the following guys from round 7 and after:

7th round RT Cody Risien (Pro Bowls) - reminding us Texas A&M can give us a football soul worth celebrating

7th round WR Reggie Langhorne (Elizabeth City State)

The next 3 guys would have been undrafted in a 7 round format:

10th round RB Earnest Byner - Kind of ironic that this former East Carolina RB would later be the RB coach for another former East Carolina RB during the first 2 years of Chris Johnson's NFL career.

12th round OL Paul Farren - Started at 4 different spots on our line out of Boston University. More people in Boston knew who Cliff Clavin was.

13th round QB Brian Sipe - Have we had any other League MVPs the last 50 years?

Undrafted LT Tony Jones - IMO, this guy was the most underrated Tackle in football the entire time he played. He capped off his career as the starting Tackle for a Superbowl Champion.

Undrafted FS Felix Wright - Led the NFL in INTs 1 year and finished with 118 tackles that year. Not bad for a DB dangerously close to a 5 flat 40 time.

Undrafted FS Thane Gash - This dude could really stick people enough to make me forget how limp wristed his first name was. He had a 2 year stint where he led us in tackles and finished 2nd in tackles. My brother always used to say he couldn't have a more fitting last name.

Around the league: there's always been guys like Wayne Chrebet, Wes Welker, Arian Foster, Warren Moon, Kurt Warner, Victor Cruz and many more that went undrafted. There's prolly even a bigger volumes of disappointing 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Let's just say there's always guys with enough weird science that can play way quicker than a stop watch predicts they can or throw a football way more accurately than bionic armed guys like Kyle Boller, Jamarcus Russell and Brandon Weeden-FeedsDBs. When the average running play only lasts about 3-4 seconds, I want a LBer that knows specifically where and how he can beat other dawgs to the Scooby snacks from the very 1st step. It'll be interesting to see if Schobert (Shaggy) has a better sniffer.

At least, this FO looks like they value film (where football smarts can jump off the tape), character, and the particular assessments measuring explosiveness (ie; jumps or a 1st 10 yard split of a sprint). They know what they're looking for and they rarely deviated in their volume of 14 picks while adding picks to our 1st and 2nd round next year.

Some people "consider" Clapton a great guitarist. He isn't, he is sophomoric. WTF does "he was considered have to do with anything?

This kids is clumsy. He will be cut before training camp.

Clumsy how? Before he got hurt he was projected as a mid 1st rounder.....do i think he needs work? Yeah for sure....all the rooks do. I

Archived