THE BROWNS BOARD

I agree that the term "white privilege" gets broadly applicated, but...

And let me reclarify something, this isnt a case of some kid getting away with something. Sure you can find cases where some black people didnt get convicted that were probably guilty. Thats different. There was no dubiousness to this case. The fathers own letter acknowledges it. He said it was just "20 minutes of action" no need to ruin my kids life over that. So theres no question as to any of thebfacts of the case. None.

And how many black mothers in the hood have said that their poor little criminal son didn't do anything or justified their behaviors by saying they are poor? Shitty parents are shitty parents.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q. Bill Cosby has been raping women for 40 years, and he hasn't spent a minute in jail for it...why?

A. Green privilege.

Actually because lots of women like to get next to a superstar and think he's got something to offer them. And they actually want the Quaaludes.

And now they think there's a jackpot.

WSS

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dad-to-dad-open-letter-blasts-father-of-stanford-rapist/ar-AAgNzF8?li=BBnbcA1

Great open letter to the guys dad. I cannot beleive the kids dad wrote in his letter to the judge that "my son doesnt enjoy his favorite foods anymore". And "now he'll never have the life he wirked so hard to achieve".

I fully understand a father writing to a judge for leniency, but from a position of accountability. You can see now where the kid gets his lack of accountability from. His old man. Aww shucks ur honor it was only for 20 minutes tjat i stuck things in a passed out woman. Sorry but the more i read......the more caucasian this gets.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dad-to-dad-open-letter-blasts-father-of-stanford-rapist/ar-AAgNzF8?li=BBnbcA1

Great open letter to the guys dad. I cannot beleive the kids dad wrote in his letter to the judge that "my son doesnt enjoy his favorite foods anymore". And "now he'll never have the life he wirked so hard to achieve".

I fully understand a father writing to a judge for leniency, but from a position of accountability. You can see now where the kid gets his lack of accountability from. His old man. Aww shucks ur honor it was only for 20 minutes tjat i stuck things in a passed out woman. Sorry but the more i read......the more caucasian this gets.

If he had just worded it as "my son dindu nuffin", it would just be every mother of a criminal in the hood. The lack of accountability is all the same. The packaging is just different. Entitled culture for different reasons. One from being well to do people and another from feeling that the world owes them everything.

There are just as many moms in the ghetto who said their kid did something but have every justification in the world as to why they did it.

Im positive there have been parents of other etnicities that knew full well that they're kids were guilty but still said in public no way they did something like that. But i ask you can you find a case a black mom or father writing a letter to a judge that, lemme take some artistic leeway here, basically said "i's be knowins mys lils nigga raped in stabbed dat lil white ho buh ya hona....he don eat no kfc no mo!!!".

Find me a letter like that where the judge said got damn he aint eatin no fried chicken? Let dat nigga go on time served, he must be sorry if he wont even eat no kfc. Case dismissed. Find me when tjat happened.

I don't doubt racism still exists, but white privilege is a joke

We get less financial aid, less opportunities.

This is just patently false and a damn misnomer that plagues my field. I hope you take time to read this study based on facts (which this board hates) and realize you are just patently wrong.

http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/20110902racescholarships.pdf

So white people make up 77% of the population and receive 66% of private scholarship funding.

Minorities receive 44%

That's only private scholarships too

Pell grants are given to way more minority students, considering the fact raw population numbers don't reflect how many seek higher education.

I don't think my point is invalid, they offer grants and scholarships only minorities can get

So white people make up 77% of the population and receive 66% of private scholarship funding.

Minorities receive 44%

That's only private scholarships too

Pell grants are given to way more minority students, considering the fact raw population numbers don't reflect how many seek higher education.

I don't think my point is invalid, they offer grants and scholarships only minorities can get

And Pell grants are given based largely on financial need, of which minorities in this country are by in large the majority of the poor: http://www.npc.umich.edu/poverty/.

Unless you really believe giving academic opportunities to poor people is bad (which wouldn't surprise me) then yes, your point is invalid.

And Pell grants are given based largely on financial need, of which minorities in this country are by in large the majority of the poor: http://www.npc.umich.edu/poverty/.

Unless you really believe giving academic opportunities to poor people is bad (which wouldn't surprise me) then yes, your point is invalid.

I received the Pell Grant myself, the point is there's no monumental struggle for minorities caused by a white patriarchy.

You work hard, you choose a good career path you will be successful. There's no mystic oppression that everybody bitches about.

In many cases, they get accepted at much higher rates to places too - if you're a woman or black engineer you will get in over a white male.

We had a gent,of the skin tone Clev swears never gets a pass, who raped someone at 17. Got juvenile life (21). Grandma and a church pastor wrote the judge about how the rapist made a mistake. Guy was out in 8 months. His record is expunged because he was a juvenile at the time of the offense.

Two months later he raped an MR adult because his background check came up clean and he got a job at a house for disabled adults.

I received the Pell Grant myself, the point is there's no monumental struggle for minorities caused by a white patriarchy.

You work hard, you choose a good career path you will be successful. There's no mystic oppression that everybody bitches about.

In many cases, they get accepted at much higher rates to places too - if you're a woman or black engineer you will get in over a white male.

Feel how you feel as long as you understand that saying "white people receive less scholarships" is just proven by facts to be wrong.

For your second point, could you not believe that maybe just maybe minority students are just as qualified (if not more) than you or me? Everyone gets caught up in the Michigan case from a while ago but the fact of the matter is there's a lot of smart people out there. You aren't getting into an elite program without being an elite student. I know plenty of people from across the country who work in admissions. The idea that there is some "white" pile of admissions and "minority" pile is by in large just not true. Do I think that probably exists here and there? Sure, but it's just no accurate of my profession.

Here's a pretty read on that: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-harberson-asian-american-admission-rates-20150609-story.html

Shit, accidentally deleted my initial response to Clev. I worked at a facility for juvies and youthful offenders (18-21) for almost a decade.

I could tell 100s of stories of scumbags of all shades getting a slap on the wrist because mommy wrote a letter.

Everybodys got a story they swear is the same, im gonna need documentation.

JRB, if you were ever in the military, you would know that the bogus "white privilege" is a farce.

Unless, of course, a black person is the victim of legit racism by a white person, then you could

say "white privilege"....

Back in the fifties, sure, you could drum it up.

But not now - you are decades too late with the "white privilege" bs. That is just another way to

put people who aren't liberal...on the defensive, to gain political power over them.

ba-lone-ney.

I remember being a 17 year old at FT. Knox in Aug of 1971. With black dudes who hadn't even completed 6th grade. Mexicans, asians, you name it. I was the youngest one in the whole training battalion. I made it with no problem. Because I'm a bad mother fucker.

I remember being a 17 year old at FT. Knox in Aug of 1971. With black dudes who hadn't even completed 6th grade. Mexicans, asians, you name it. I was the youngest one in the whole training battalion. I made it with no problem. Because I'm a bad mother fucker.

Oh YA!

I remember being a 17 year old at FT. Knox in Aug of 1971. With black dudes who hadn't even completed 6th grade. Mexicans, asians, you name it. I was the youngest one in the whole training battalion. I made it with no problem. Because I'm really good at fellating men

Fixed your post

Archived