THE BROWNS BOARD

Training Camp(s) 2016

tiamat63

Good stuff Tia.

One not so surprising comment: Gilbert apparently still not "getting it". Since this guy was the choice of another regime, I doubt that this coaching staff has any loyalty to him or investment in him.....and may readily part ways with him.

Which first round was worse:

2012 with Richardson and Weeden

2014 with JFF and Gilbert

?

Man that sucks to even think about. Total coin flip. 2012 until Gilbert gets cut, then probably 2014

Another thought about the offense....

Hue said the ENTIRE offense will be installed by Day 6 of TC. That's extremely fast as the past thinking in Cleveland seemed to always be "we're not going to throw it at 'em too fast" & often withhold some of the plays. What I love about this fast pace is that not only will the players have most of TC to learn, ask questions, & work hard on their individual trouble spots, but the Coaches will be able to better evaluate players' ability to absorb & apply what has been thrown at them. The 53 man roster should be far better prepared to enter the regular season.

Just my opinion.

Mike

That's an interesting point Mike!

Is Canton ready for the Inductions Weekend ahead?

Has anybody appeared better than you expected as a result of the work with Kim, the martial arts guy?

• WR's at avoiding getting jammed at LOS
  • DL at avoiding/deflecting OL hands via redirection or a counter-move?

Who was the other starting DT along with Shelton in the 4DL looks?

Do Kindred and Caldwell look like they'll make the 52?

Has anybody appeared better than you expected as a result of the work with Kim, the martial arts guy?

• WR's at avoiding getting jammed at LOS
  • DL at avoiding/deflecting OL hands via redirection or a counter-move?

Who was the other starting DT along with Shelton in the 4DL looks?

Do Kindred and Caldwell look like they'll make the 52?

I wasn't aware of their training with anyone in the arts? I will say the receivers did solid work getting off the LOS. Violent hands as such. However a couple of our open formations keep them off so DB's weren't always able to get a decent jam and it was clear to me we intend on using those formations as our passing strengths and those sides for initial reads.

What stood out to me on the Dline was pad level. You could see the veteran and second year players (Looking at you Danny) staying low consistently. The rookies still haven't made it second nature.

I wouldn't say there was a 'starting' DT next to Danny. It was dependent on the situation When we were in nickel but playing the run, you got Hughes. More balanced situations or for pass rush you saw Meder and Coop.

There were even some odd ENT looking front similar to Pettine's... except I didn't see any 2 gap assignments. At least, none that I noticed? That was Danny, Hughes and Coop/Meder.

Kindred is a stretch, can't see Caldwell.

Just saw the move at the line CC put on Gilbert. That's why you don't lose your base reaching in to get a punch on defense. CC hit him with a good swim/slap and walked by.

I like Justin's aggressiveness, but that attempt was just silly. Gilbert should have waited for Coleman's initial step, kept his feet under him then made his punch.

Joe Kim is a 4th degree taekwando black belt, part of the US Olympic/PanAm games team in the early 80's. His focus is on pass rush of DL but works with the entire squad. He has been an asst coach in NFL since Belichick was with Cleveland. Last season he worked with Washington.

Story 1

Story 2

Link 3 from DC

Browns page includes his NFL career

Archived