THE BROWNS BOARD

Plagiarism? Are you kidding?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though the plagiarism thing is ridiculous.

A few lines of a 17 minute speech and everybody's freaking out

It's basically word for word. Like I said in the other thing, these things are fairly formulaic, but you can at least be a little creative, someone maybe run a quick check to see what happened in the last few speeches like this?

I'm sure if you go back further than 2008, you know, when America started, you could find variations of this same speech given a dozen times. If anything you ought criticize both of them for giving the most stock speech ever. But that's not how the left works. When Michelle gave it it was the finest piece of oration in American history and made lincoln look like a piker. When Melania trump gives it it's plagarism. Yawn.

It was a tiny fraction of the whole speech - the media keeps comparing Michelle and Melania side by side now which is great because it makes Melania look that much better anyway.

Of course you see all of this stuff about how dumb Melania is and can barely speak English by the tolerant pro-immigrant leftists. The woman acquired citizenship legally and speaks 5 languages ffs.

Of course you see all of this stuff about how dumb Melania is and can barely speak English by the tolerant pro-immigrant leftists.

Links, please...

I don't think anybody found what Michelle Obama said in this case to be objectionable. Contrary to what you may believe the right probably wouldn't attack her for everything.

Everything the woman says and does is objectionable to the right. Even shit like our kids shouldnt be so fat...... Wrf is that black bitch talking about now?

There's many things that proves the left is hypocritical, I was just using those instances to say many of them say melania can't speak english and is dumb and all these things. Same thing on facebook posts, article comments, reddit

Idk how else to get people's opinions - not like I'm going to walk out and interview Hillary supporters.

Thanks... I guess...

Wonder how far "left" we have to go to find the types of ignorant comments tweeted there...

Then compare to how far right we have to go to find similarly "informed" comments on Michelle?

Thanks... I guess...

Wonder how far "left" we have to go to find the types of ignorant comments tweeted there...

Then compare to how far right we have to go to find similarly "informed" comments on Michelle?

Of you're trying to insinuate that the left is less likely to be full of haters than the right you're incredibly misinformed.

Like 3 generic lines of the speech were similar to what Michelle Obama wrote.

---

""Because they know he is honest and trustworthy, a man of his word, and his word is his bond, and they know he has exceptional leadership skills. Isn't that exactly what we want in the President of the United States?" - Elizabeth Dole 1996 RNC

Source: http://gos.sbc.edu/d/dole.html

"Only limit to achievement is the limit you place on your own dreams." -Crossing Antarctica 1991 page 318

"The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams." -Michelle Obama 2008

"The only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and you willingness to work for them." -Melania Trump 2016

Source: http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/08/michelle_obama_4.html

"And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about "the world as it is" and "the world as it should be." -Michelle Obama, Wife of a former Community Organizer

"The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be." - Saul Alinsky, Community Organizer

--

So everybody is plagiarizing eachother

typical moochelle - she feels entitled to own words, and other white

folks aren't allowed to use them again.

bitch.

Like 3 generic lines of the speech were similar to what Michelle Obama wrote.

---

""Because they know he is honest and trustworthy, a man of his word, and his word is his bond, and they know he has exceptional leadership skills. Isn't that exactly what we want in the President of the United States?" - Elizabeth Dole 1996 RNC[/size]

Source: http://gos.sbc.edu/d/dole.html

"Only limit to achievement is the limit you place on your own dreams." -Crossing Antarctica 1991 page 318

"The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams." -Michelle Obama 2008

"The only limit to your achievement is the strength of your dreams and you willingness to work for them." -Melania Trump 2016

Source: http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2008/08/michelle_obama_4.html

"And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about "the world as it is" and "the world as it should be." -Michelle Obama, Wife of a former Community Organizer

"The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be." - Saul Alinsky, Community Organizer

--

So everybody is plagiarizing eachother

Ummmm... no... are you intentionally having issues understanding plagiarism?

You surely understand that quotation marks cancel plagiarism. In the comments about the world, she is quoting her husband.

As for the rest... context is everything so comparing single lines is simply not the measure of the offense...

First noticed by Jarrett Hill, here is the relevant segment of Melania Trump's remarks:

From a young age my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life. That your work is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them. I am fortunate for my heritage but also for where it brought me today.

And here's an excerpt of Michelle Obama's "One Nation" speech from 2008:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them. And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and to pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children and all children in this nation to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

typical moochelle - she feels entitled to own words, and other white

folks aren't allowed to use them again.

bitch.

A monkey slinging his shit would have more valuable input...

I think this is small potatoes but it is yet another unforced embarrassing error on the Trump team. Melania Trump really gave a good speech but that all went down the drain with the media focused on the plagiarism. Trump team has to clean this up and run a better campaign. What Trump could get away with in the primaries (getting sloppy at times) didn't hurt him but that will not be the case in the general.

Dude you dont even know who those people are. I could make a bunch of posts with a twitter handle claiming im a registered rep and say all kinds of vile shit and someone on the left paints all republicans with my words. Do you not get the internet is basically one big lie?

There's many things that proves the left is hypocritical, I was just using those instances to say many of them say melania can't speak english and is dumb and all these things. Same thing on facebook posts, article comments, reddit

Idk how else to get people's opinions - not like I'm going to walk out and interview Hillary supporters.

Archived