THE BROWNS BOARD

Plagiarism? Are you kidding?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great, now we have tourectum and cleve both wanting to give

moochelle great big smoochie and hump her leg figuratively speaking...

or not?

The future REAL respectable first lady was going to be attacked one way or another.

Finding common words was the first one. The idiot on tv was goading Trump's son

into something, constantly referring to the "plagerism"...whodonit, will heads roll,

was Trump outraged, will she even show up tongiht...

figures.

This is how the Trump campaign gets into trouble....You hire experts to help craft a speech then disregard it..let the professionals handle this, that is what you are paying them for...kind of like hiring an attorney and then not following the attorney's advice...

see red highlights:

Six weeks ago, two of the most respected speechwriters in Republican politics were asked to write a convention address for Melania Trump ahead of her big moment in the spotlight in Cleveland.

The speech she gave Monday night -- which included passages bearing striking resemblance to Michelle Obama's 2008 convention address and raised questions of plagiarism -- was not it.

An early version of the speech crafted by GOP speechwriters Matthew Scully and John McConnell was apparently disregarded and shelved by the Trump campaign.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/melania-trump-story-speech-didnt-deliver/story?id=40709983

Because trump thinks he knows better than anyone about everything. If he was here at the brownsboard he'd probably argue x's and o's with some of the guys on that forum and come off like a complete idiot but still press on like he was right. Its just who the guy is and it should be eye opening to everyone. Imo its the prime reason why so many top republicans are afraid of him.....not because he has a couple different ideas than main stream conservatives, but that he's gonna do something which ruins their brand for a generation

Because trump thinks he knows better than anyone about everything. If he was here at the brownsboard he'd probably argue x's and o's with some of the guys on that forum and come off like a complete idiot but still press on like he was right. Its just who the guy is and it should be eye opening to everyone. Imo its the prime reason why so many top republicans are afraid of him.....not because he has a couple different ideas than main stream conservatives, but that he's gonna do something which ruins their brand for a generation

What I like about Trump is he may be the one person who can go to Washington and not be beholden to special interest groups and do things in our country's best interests over the lobbyists. He is relatively new in politics and sometimes these unforced errors reflect it. With Hillary we know we are getting a lying corrupt politician.

What I like about Trump is he may be the one person who can go to Washington and not be beholden to special interest groups and do things in our country's best interests over the lobbyists. He is relatively new in politics and sometimes these unforced errors reflect it. With Hillary we know we are getting a lying corrupt politician.

I agree, with Trump's billions he will most likely not be bought by anyone. I also like the idea of someone other than a career politician in the WH. DC is in desperate need of an enema on Capitol Hill.

I wondered about the stupid first logo problem... being a deliberate

set up by some liberals

and now, the writers of her speech? beats me - three things were pretty similar,

who knows. But it's the media frantically gloating over it and blowing out of proportion

that really typical liberal.

The point they're making on CNN now is non-stop about how "Trump's campaign just keeps lying and won't admit somebody made a mistake"

I'd like to see them make this big deal against Hillary for lying about never sending or receiving anything marked classified "at the time", or one of the other many lies.

Instead they just keep hammering away about a small part of a speech that nobody will care about by Thursday.

I wondered about the stupid first logo problem... being a deliberate

set up by some liberals

and now, the writers of her speech? beats me - three things were pretty similar,

who knows. But it's the media frantically gloating over it and blowing out of proportion

that really typical liberal.

You think secret, undercover liberals made the first logo to hurt Trumps campaign?

no, I just wonder about the possibility that it was on purpose

by some graphics designers.

do you not think there are liberal graphics designers who would do that?

I think Cal some of the problems coming out of the Trump campaign have been from his running a shoe string under staffed budget. The difference between how many people Clinton has on her campaign staff as compared to Trump is huge. As of now all the millions of dollars Clinton has poured into negative ads against Trump with Trump running few ads against her doesn't seemed to have hurt him. But on this logo or Melania's speech this is where lack of campaign staff shows. That logo should have been thoroughly focus grouped and tested before being made public. The speech of Melania's should have been proof read thoroughly by experts before she ever gave her speech. Trump needs to increase his campaign staff to prevent mistakes.

There are probably people on the left and right that would mess with the other party.

But thus wasn't a secret logo. It had to be approved. Even if there were some dirty, sneaky liberals making a joke logo, the trump campaign approved it

this is true - that logo - I would never have approved it.

Even if I didn't get the open excuse to ridicule it...

I didn't like it - a logo needs to be "peer reviewed" before

it becomes official, OBF makes a solid point about the smaller

staff. Just naive to not see the ridicule possibilites.

1. Come on man. That was the plan. Makes Trump look great.

2. This is true. He didn't call an Obama the anti Christ, so that's a plus.

Oh, I'm very cognizant of the fact that Ms. McIver probably doesn't exist, but that doesn't matter. Trump has dominated the news cycle again by doing nearly nothing and he comes out of this looking like a calm, cool-headed guy in contrast to the media frenzy who wanted blood over what should have been a nonstory.

This brings him closer to center.

Oh, I'm very cognizant of the fact that Ms. McIver probably doesn't exist, but that doesn't matter. Trump has dominated the news cycle again by doing nearly nothing and he comes out of this looking like a calm, cool-headed guy in contrast to the media frenzy who wanted blood over what should have been a nonstory.

This brings him closer to center.

Meredith McIver does indeed exist, she was a ghost writer for Donald Trump on a couple of his books.

FWIW, Meredith McIver has been a registered democrat since 1996.

Meredith McIver does indeed exist, she was a ghost writer for Donald Trump on a couple of his books.

FWIW, Meredith McIver has been a registered democrat since 1996.

Ugh....two highly respected GOP speech writers prepare a speech for Melania Trump which gets rejected and they go with the one from a registered democrat...there is your sabotage...Trump campaign shooting themselves in the foot again.

I think this is small potatoes but it is yet another unforced embarrassing error on the Trump team. Melania Trump really gave a good speech but that all went down the drain with the media focused on the plagiarism. Trump team has to clean this up and run a better campaign. What Trump could get away with in the primaries (getting sloppy at times) didn't hurt him but that will not be the case in the general.

For the record I completely agree... Primaries to campaign to potential presidency? Not stuff for the top of a resume.

That said my agreement does not prevent me from relishing the Trump campaign (and supporters here) ignoring facts in their face for 36 hours...

... with the revelation that Melania (?) admires Michele being the cherry on top.

Jesus.... you guys can come up with more conspiracies...

McIver has been a Trump employee and friend for decades.

So you prefer African Moochelle to Euro-Barbie?

What part of on a "humorous note" did you fail to comprehend?

For the record I completely agree... Primaries to campaign to potential presidency? Not stuff for the top of a resume.

That said my agreement does not prevent me from relishing the Trump campaign (and supporters here) ignoring facts in their face for 36 hours...

... with the revelation that Melania (?) admires Michele being the cherry on top.

If anything of note actually happened in those 36 hours, I might be inclined to agree with you. What actually happened was the media overreacting to a nonstory from the Trump campaign (as they have done since he announced). It was a minor misstep by the Trump campaign, and the media gave it more coverage than the terrorist attacks in Nice - they're clearly reaching to make Trump look as bad as possible. Melania's speech won't matter next week, and it won't matter in November.

Archived